[POLL] Realistic length races, would anyone be interested?

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 21 comments

Realistic length races, would anyone be interested?

• Total voters
Wales
Wales
TSR_GTWelsh
I am debating creating a SuperGT mixed class championship using realistic race lengths and wear rates.

Given the short races usually held in GT-Sport, would anyone actually be interested?

Example being, Nürburgring GP: 50 laps.
Tyres and fuel on 1x would mean at least 1 pit stop for GT500, maybe 2 for GT300.
I run 1:46 in GT500 spec and so it would roughly last 1h:30m.

Regulations document attached. Feel free to steal it and run your own so I can join it :D :D :D

UPDATE :
Not quite full-real but I am now hosting a mixed class series based on this. As of the 7th May 2018

Attachments

• Regs3.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That’s a pretty nice idea, what driving aids will be allowed? Just ABS? Was it done on stock Setup?
I haven’t driven GT2 around Nurb Gp yet but have qualified yesterday for the Natins Cup at Suzuka with a 1:49:7. What tires were you using for your Nurb time.
I‘m currently participating in a Championship but my Competitors are truely Certified extraterrestrial, so no land in sight for me.
In Gr3 with Bop and Racing Hard on stock setup, i manage 1:55:8 or:6 on Nurb Gp. I‘d be really interested in running such Championship, but only if I would race against a field of players which punch in my weight class. Or at least within maybe 1 second up or down. Cause currently it’s just frustrating and sad running against opponents I have absolutely 0 Chance of getting tight and thrilling races.
Cheers

That’s a pretty nice idea, what driving aids will be allowed? Just ABS? Was it done on stock Setup?
I haven’t driven GT2 around Nurb Gp yet but have qualified yesterday for the Natins Cup at Suzuka with a 1:49:7. What tires were you using for your Nurb time.
I‘m currently participating in a Championship but my Competitors are truely Certified extraterrestrial, so no land in sight for me.
In Gr3 with Bop and Racing Hard on stock setup, i manage 1:55:8 or:6 on Nurb Gp. I‘d be really interested in running such Championship, but only if I would race against a field of players which punch in my weight class. Or at least within maybe 1 second up or down. Cause currently it’s just frustrating and sad running against opponents I have absolutely 0 Chance of getting tight and thrilling races.
Cheers

I was running RS for that time. But I've seen RH tyres are more in-line with reality in terms of lap times with the GT500 cars so will likely use those instead. Just ABS yes.
If this goes ahead it won't be for a little while, just wanted to gauge interest in high lap-count racing.
I think IRL GT300 are allowed TC, GT500 however are not. This would be hard to police in game and it would maybe be best all round to just allow it all round.

Cheers for the comment too, all taken on board :) .

I was running RS for that time. But I've seen RH tyres are more in-line with reality in terms of lap times with the GT500 cars so will likely use those instead. Just ABS yes.
If this goes ahead it won't be for a little while, just wanted to gauge interest in high lap-count racing.
I think IRL GT300 are allowed TC, GT500 however are not. This would be hard to police in game and it would maybe be best all round to just allow it all round.

Cheers for the comment too, all taken on board :) .
You should be able to check that just before the race starts on who is and isn't using TC, just check member list iirc

One hour races can be held quite easily. We're doing one per month at least with friends. 2 hours ? Well, that will be more difficult to bear for the more casual players, and server issues have more chances to become a problem. I hosted the classic Gran Valley 300km on GT6 with +/- 500pp road cars, it went pretty well and I liked it, but a few got bored and left. Also, got disconnected with two laps to go, that was extremely frustrating :lol:

I would have loved to host 4 hours races online but decided not to after that experience, sadly. 1h30 is a bet I would take though, so I'd say go ahead.

Gotta love the GT500 Cars. Depending on day and time of the race. If it works with my schedule. You bet I'll join in 👍

I have hosted a lot of endurance races in the past, we found 50-75 minute race times were good. We went 90-130 minutes and thought they ran a bit too long, FYI.

i've held a bunch of 1h 30m races on GT6 all with quite full grids. If anything it'll be far easier on GTSport given the massive player base.

Would love to. I still remember when I did the 24h Le Mans on GT5, my PS3 was hot af.
I would like to have GT500 because for some reason they behave better without TC. They are more stable in general.

I'd just request GT500 not use it, if they want to flaunt that request they run the risk of being caught. People can see what they use in the replay and penalties will follow. GT500 doesn't really need TC anyway so it's only a minor issue.

By the way, given the positive responses I'll be running some tests and writing up a proper thread soon. The race will have a good amount of time to prepare for and to allow people to see it and build up a good grid.

Taa guys.

Back