Poll-Shelter In Place With Retro Gran Turismo or ?

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 15 comments

What GT Are You Sheltering In Place With ?

• Gran Turismo 1

• Gran Turismo 2

• Gran Turismo 3

• Gran Turismo 4

• Gran Turismo 5

• Gran Turismo 6

• Gran Turismo Sport

• I'm Playing All Of Them

• I'm Playing Something Else

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
U.S.A.
Sadly... Many of us around the world are now having to shelter in place with the horrible corona virus threatening all our health. With that said, it made me wonder if "retro" Gran Turismos 1-2-3-4-5-6 were now becoming more actively played again with so many of us stuck in our homes or even worse many being unemployed. So... on a lighter note, I decided to do this poll to see how many of our members are now playing some of the older title retro GT's and/or even Sport being possibly much more active now... although I also wonder if Sport is being negatively affected by the much increased internet traffic around the world now. You can pick as many as you like if playing actively more than one GT title. I've been playing much more being inside mostly and I've turned into a huge Mercedes fan of late as pictured... I sure do miss the big bear hugs from my grandson though...

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54 Stock-At Circuit de Spa Francorchamps 9.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 Stock-At Nürburgring Nordschleife 4.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 Stock-At Nürburgring 24Hr 48.jpg
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Race Car '89 Stock-At Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes) 3.jpg

I took apart my setup because I need space, will just grind gt5 bspec maybe because I'm useless without a wheel. Outside is nice weather also so my will to spend lot of time racing is not that great anyways. Will get back to GT6 just for the guys from challenge hub as soom as get my space back :P

I have been playing GT5 & GT6 for a while now and loving both games, but now I have settled on playing GT6 because I have joined the Challenge Hub :).
At the time when I brought GT Sport I did consider throwing my PS3 out, because you think that a PS4 game called GT Sport would have been a better game to play, but luckily I did not throw the PS3 console out :).

None of the above. I prefer watching YouTube videos of sim racing nowadays rather than playing myself. I can't even remember that last time I played a GT game...

I have been playing GT5 & GT6 for a while now and loving both games, but now I have settled on playing GT6 because I have joined the Challenge Hub :).
At the time when I brought GT Sport I did consider throwing my PS3 out, because you think that a PS4 game called GT Sport would have been a better game to play, but luckily I did not throw the PS3 console out :).
I don't understand why someone with a PS4 doesn't buy AC or PCars 2. You want to shuffle race make a field of 16 different cars in AC with your friends. Race offline championship in PCars. Pretty simple. GT Sport is utter garbage. I've played every GT title. I will never buy one again after playing AC and PCars 2. Sony should be ashamed of themselves for that game.

VBR
None of the above. I prefer watching YouTube videos of sim racing nowadays rather than playing myself. I can't even remember that last time I played a GT game...

I usually agree with you on GT topics and stuff, but regarding this, I'd rather watch paint drying than sim "racers" play games.

VBR
You would rather watch videos of sim racing? That sounds like watching a fly going around your house. Whatever turns your crank.

GT5 cause it is a lot better than GT6
Less car customisation but better game structure and career mode and the B-Spec mode is not a joke like in GT6
I would play GT3&4 too but my PS2 died 1 year ago and without retrocompatibilty i cannot play them anymore (i have a PS3 without PS2 chip)

GT5 cause it is a lot better than GT6
Less car customisation but better game structure and career mode and the B-Spec mode is not a joke like in GT6
I would play GT3&4 too but my PS2 died 1 year ago and without retrocompatibilty i cannot play them anymore (i have a PS3 without PS2 chip)

Yes, I agree with everything you said.
I play GT6 only to have some fun here with team from the challenge hub, otherwise I'd only be playing GT5. And as you said titles from PS2, but unfortunately I gave my PS2 away when I bought PS3.

I don't understand why someone with a PS4 doesn't buy AC or PCars 2. You want to shuffle race make a field of 16 different cars in AC with your friends. Race offline championship in PCars. Pretty simple. GT Sport is utter garbage. I've played every GT title. I will never buy one again after playing AC and PCars 2. Sony should be ashamed of themselves for that game.
I totally agree with you on what you said about GT Sport being a utter garbage :). When I got my PS4 and I did play AC & PC1 a few years ago but them 2 games did no last long, so I got rid of them both because PC1 was lame and AC did not have much in the game to keep me playing. The only thing good about the AC game was the handling of the cars in that game was good.

I think why I like GT numbered game is I become a loyal fan of PD, and that what brings me back playing. Let's all hope that the next Real GT game is the one that the fans have been waiting for, for a very long time.

Hey @ribloGT I think a lot of people know that GT5 has a better game structure than GT6, but if GT5 had a Challenge Hub with a few friends like we have got now in GT6, and yes I would play 5 and never 6.

I totally agree with you on what you said about GT Sport being a utter garbage :). When I got my PS4 and I did play AC & PC1 a few years ago but them 2 games did no last long, so I got rid of them both because PC1 was lame and AC did not have much in the game to keep me playing. The only thing good about the AC game was the handling of the cars in that game was good.

I think why I like GT numbered game is I become a loyal fan of PD, and that what brings me back playing. Let's all hope that the next Real GT game is the one that the fans have been waiting for, for a very long time.

Hey @ribloGT I think a lot of people know that GT5 has a better game structure than GT6, but if GT5 had a Challenge Hub with a few friends like we have got now in GT6, and yes I would play 5 and never 6.
Yes but cosidering that GT5 is a lot better than GT6 why basing the game hub on GT6? they are both offlined by PDI so we can do what we want with them and we are free to choose the better game... But i dont discuss the decisions of the community, i simply love better GT5 and i keep playing it offline like i did before... Now my PS3 is a PS2 on steroids cause i play offline only and when i want to go online i turn on my PC with Assetto Corsa where i am part of a funny group of guys who bought a dedicated server and we make races two times per week...
PDI and Sony lost me as a customer for their lies and bad marketing decisions so i have my happy place offline with GT5 and online with AC on PC

The same decison i made but i didnt bought a PS4 cause my still working G27 was not supported... with the money to buy a PS4 i bought a better graphic card for my PC and now i play AC online two times per week with a group of funny guys and i will never return again to the garbage that GT series has become... I was part of one italian PS GT group that used to play online first on GT5 and then on GT6... After PDI shut down the GT5 and GT6 online services that group decided to throw away GTS and PC1/2 and now they do only races and events on AC and they are waiting for ACC to make races with that too (but they are not waiting for GT7 on PS5 ofc)... I talk with a lot of them even if i dont have PS4 and i dont drive with them anymore and all they can confirm that GTS is a pile of garbage...
And i feel sad for that cause in the glorious days of PS2 GT3 was the game who made me buy my first driving wheel (a Logitech wingman FF wheel USB version to use it on PC too) and now it's just a joke made by a company that keeps lying to its customers...

Last edited:
I'm using this time to play all of the games. I haven't had 3 or 4 on yet but they will get dusted off at some point. I play GT Sport when I feel like it. I know a lot of people's thoughts on it but I like playing it a lot and not online either (because I'm not much use).

I've just finished all of the races and got all of the stars in GT6 for the first time having had it since the Christmas just after launch.

I've also done a few more things on GT5 having never completed it and I've had GT and GT2 on for a few races each as well. All the while doing a race or two on GTPSP a few times a day.

So after I started this thread, and while sheltering in place, I decided to create this slideshow YouTube video. As you will see it actually took this old man about 30 days altogether to do the many 200+ photos and create the set up for this video. Mercedes-Benz guys will especially enjoy. It features the premium cars 300 SL Coupé '54 at Spa, the SLR McLaren '09 at Nordschleife, the SLS AMG GT3 '11 at 24 Hour Nürburgring, and the Sauber C9 '89 at Le Mans Old de la Sarthe. It also features the cars at all photo travel locations along with all car interiors. All the cars in the photos are pure bone stock as they came direct from the dealerships. Stay healthy all and hope you enjoy this video during these hard times affecting all of us in one way or another...

I got all the series. But 4 is the only one I play. For me, nothing else comes close. Yes others may hate it, not me. Sport is hampered by the toxicity of online *racers* Not all, just the wannabe winners. 6 and 5, meh. 4 for me.Only 4. The whole game was a real challenge. Just when I'm getting close to finishing it 100% I wipe it, and start again. Don't know what I'm going to do if my fat boy 3 dies.

Agreed, I like them all, but if I could only ever have one GT retro to play over and over again, then 4 would be my choice also...

CC7C2373-EFA4-4CC6-B35D-A4C7663E4DC4.jpeg

Back