Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

It's all about the style and smoke! Image and liveries by @CroxSkin. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme

Drifting is certainly an outlandish way of driving, without a doubt! It started out as illegal touge racing deep in the Japanese mountain roads, to today’s globalised motorsport events seen from around the world.

This outlandish driving style also transcend into their livery designs. You often see drift cars with wild graphics, eccentric colours, chrome masking, etc. Some designs may even bring out the drivers’ own uniqueness, such as Madmike's MADBUL RX-7, Dan Burkett's RAD Industries Supra, etc. So, in this round you will have to show us your wild side. Be bold, don’t be afraid to go a little overboard, and most importantly be YOU!

Finally to top it off, capture a photo in a smoking rear wheel display of drifting flair!

CARS:
Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive (FR) Cars only
LIVERIES: Drift liveries
USER MADE DECALS: Yes
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics, panning/in motion and smoking bonus pic (no scape!)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  1. Replica or fantasy are allowed
  2. Bonus pic must be in motion, no static shots. A race photo of your car in mid-drift is recommended (gotta capture that smoke!), but not compulsory. As long as it shows smoke.
  3. For design inspirations, feel free to check out this thread over at GTS Drifting.

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #3

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #4

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #5

gtp7b-jpg.742206

gtp7a-jpg.742208

gtp7c-jpg.742207

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #6

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #7

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #8

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #9

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

20180611202535a-jpg.742841

20180611202523a-jpg.742842

20180611202555a-jpg.742843

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13

orange2-png.743147

orange4-png.743150

orange3-png.743149

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

View media item 41222View media item 41223

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21

Deadline

June 24, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)​

Last edited:
This was immensely hard to choose, thankfully we had three votes, but still I could've used like two or three more, the level is superb!

So, how did it go...first of all, I voted #4, because I love the idea of the drift beater driven by an 18yo boy, tackling the mountain passes. Could be because Initial D, dunno, but I love it!

Then, #14: it just won my heart from the first moment I saw it, had to vote for it...I love HKS style, reminds me of the dragcars from GT2.

Then, third vote: I was undecided between...well, all the remaining entries/mine basically :lol: but a choice had to be made, and it ended up being #21. The tiger looks on the weird S-FR won me.

But, huge huge congratulations to everyone, I have never ever been so much undecided on who to vote, couldn't exclude a single entry until the last second. Amazing job by everyone :cheers::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I stared at these liveries for a good while before making my three selections. It was tough!

I went with #6, because, well, Mopar. I used to love the Viper as a kid. And I used to brag to everyone I knew that Mopar tuned Dodge, because of Gran Turismo I had an advantage to the other kids in my class. I remember having a Matchbox Dodge Durango toy car and everyone kept saying it was a Chrysler, even the grown ups.. It annoyed me so much.. I loved Dodge like crazy. This livery made me think of my childhood, so it deserved a vote.

Then I stared more at the liveries. Up and down, up and down. Finally landed on #14, the Genki HKS livery. I almost made the Genki HKS Silvia from GT4, almost! But I didn't. Back to #14. This one looks fab, mixing two liveries I love into one, I didn't even know this one existed, I had to look it up. It's very good looking.

Then, a livery that caught my eye when it was first entered, #18. Again, back to my childhood. I used to love Gastly, I spotted it on the hood and smiled. A very clean livery, I love the purple too. A good livery doesn't have to be crowded with decals, I love how the "purple smoke" is more eye-catching than the decals. No idea what the kanji says, but it looks good.

I'm sorry for the super bad evaluation and few words to describe this and that, I suck at it :lol:
Wish I could vote for more. There's so many good liveries (every single one). Absolutely well done everyone. You've exceeded the standard once again. Best of luck, may the votes be with you ;) :D

Oh god, easier tasks not exist? :D

Was really hard to chose even 3 liveries to vote for. Really impossible. But

Mission: Impossible

successfully finished. :D

My votes go to:

#05 for the idea of non mirrored style, and looks great on the Roadster
#10 for the Redneck style this Outlaw design yells (and that spoiler pic :drool:)
#20 for speaking to me a bit more as a drift car design than others

Honorable mentions: Snake Doc, Ghastly, Purple/Pink-ish Toyota, the 2nd Roadster, pea green RX-7 and all other 13 designs ^^

Well as a D1 guy, I chose the D1 themed cars particularly the Mopar Viper (I remember when Hubinette almost got to the Finals back in 06 before Kumakubo beaten him), HKS GT86 (though I really didn't like Nob driving the HKS Tezza because it caused him at winning the '04 season but the livery is still nice), and the Team Orange BRZ (Team Orange is one of my favorite drift teams).

So yeah good entries I'm witnessing.

Jacob's super detailed Supra gets my 'main' vote with a second honourable vote given to (apologies for not looking up your name)'s street spec FC3S 👍

4, 16 and 17 for me. Like the natural, simple look of 4 and the striking, creative and original designs of 16 and 17

I should perhaps have re-done the Falken BRZ in hindsight but even though the Wipeout design will be bit out there for some, I'm happy with it.

In an interesting early trend it's the American inspired liveries that are overtaking the Japanese stuff. I guess Formula D is more popular than D1 and The Drift Muscle etc

A big thank you to everyone who participated in this round LEC, you all done a fantastic job! Every entry shows just how high the levels are around here, and each time I logged off I leave with a pile of notes on how to make my own liveries/photos better. Really great effort guys! As expected, to choose 3 out of 21 fine entries was hella tough..even to this moment I’m still not sure if I’ve made the right choices :boggled: there are just too many good entries, but here goes my 3 votes..

Starting with my third choice:
@Hayden FC #4 - Purely because it was such a bold and unique choice. The grassroots no s:censored: given attitude is also why I love this entry so much.

Second vote:
@JKcreativeworks Supra #12 - I’m always drawn to details and technical abilities, because these are the two main areas I strive for and look to improve whenever I make my liveries. The details surrounding this car and the techique being used are the main reasons why I gave it my second vote.

Main vote:
@im2fst4u MOPAR viper #6 - Oh boy this Mopar is absolute fire! Perfect representation of a wild drift machine! My first ever drift livery made on GTS was the MOPAR SRT Hellcat, back when user decals upload wasn't available yet, I remember spending endless hours making the ‘M’ with shapes, and in game characters for the logo..that livery will always hold a special place in my heart. So, thank you for making this Viper, it’s one hell of a drift car!

A very special thanks to @syntex123 for putting all of this together :cheers: look forward to seeing more quality liveries from everyone at LEC#8, it’s a great theme and hopefully I’ll have enough time to put in an entry myself.

A very special thanks to @syntex123 for putting all of this together :cheers: look forward to seeing more quality liveries from everyone at LEC#8, it’s a great theme and hopefully I’ll have enough time to put in an entry myself.
:cheers:
And a big thanks to all of you guys for making it possible to maintain these competitions, if it wasn’t for you, this wouldn’t have been a success! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back