Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

GTPlanet's very own Sunday Cup Track Day cars. Image and liveries by @JKcreativeworks. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Track days. How fun is that? Getting to drive your very own car out on a track is something many of us wants to do, or maybe already do regularly. What if you take this idea and implement it on your favorite N class car in Gran Turismo and slap on a GTP number plate? This is how JKcreativeworks wants us to think in his theme, Sunday Cup Track Day:

So I've got this idea, of an amateur trackday where N class cars are used, the objective is to make a car look realistically track-prepped with small tuner company decals, and other details/specs you find on a trackcar going for a trackday. The theme might sound rather plain, but I want to see people go for a minimalistic look and focus on details.

CARS:
N class cars only
LIVERIES: keep it as simple as possible, It's a hobbyist/amateurs trackday. racestripes/side lines etc are allowed. But no full race liveries.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The contestant must make use of the GTPlanet Sunday Cup trackday numberplate+numbers provided in the links below.
Numberplate: here

Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #3

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #4

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #5

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #6

gtp8b-jpg.748868

gtp8-jpg.748867

1a-jpg.745668

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #7

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #8

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #9

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

hGxdH4h.jpg

6fpsncX.jpg

75RQroM.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13

20180623185046a-jpg.745960

20180623185033a-jpg.745961

20180623191240b-jpg.745962

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16

8qTbOTv.png

-DISQUALIFIED-
Entry #17

View attachment 746060
View attachment 746059

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25

View media item 41708View media item 41709

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26

screenshot_20180627-051840a-jpg.747052

screenshot_20180627-051914a-jpg.747053

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #29

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #30

8qTbOTv.png

-DISQUALIFIED-
Entry #31

View attachment 747241
View attachment 747242

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #32

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #33

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #34

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #35

View media item 41940View media item 41939

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #36

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #37

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #38

nismo2-png.748876

nismo1-png.748877

nismo3-png.748878

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #39

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #40

Deadline

July 8, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
I know right. I gave my votes to three liveries that have nothing in common. One "perfect", one abused, and one that the realist would enter a track day. I would've voted for more (if not all ;)) if I could.

Just a heads up - the blogpost should be up as soon as it gets approved - I've sent in my draft for review. 👍 No more waiting until it's almost too late. :D

Sorry I couldn't submit this time, despite the theme being so easily accessible. My life has been a bit shaky the past few months. I'll take a look at the poll when I get a good chance to sit at my computer.

Gotta say, as much as I don't love E30's the baron black baron is the best of cause it has the most character. #35 with the MR2 and #20 were close behind in this regard. All three have astounding detailing.
The first one I had to cut was #26, it's such a good looking R34! My fav to have. The R33 #16 was right there too!

My favorite details that I noticed.
The toe hook on the TT, the tape on the license plate on the R33, the supra for faking mods convincingly!

Favorite cars aesthetically:
The Mines R34, the beautifully colored cars: R34, the mid night racing RX-7, and the supra. Great composition on the first R32, (great start to the comp), the KTM, the 4C, the TT, and many others!

40 entries, wow, great work everyone! Props to @JKcreativeworks for the excellent theme (that's also inspired a great new racing league to boot) and to @syntex123 for his continued work with the LEC!

For me it was #22, #28 and #29 for three subtly different takes on the theme that all capture the look perfectly!

#6, #23, #39 and #40 all came close to my final pick.

Certainly a bumper round of entries. I quite like that people put a story to their entries, as that was also something I was looking for with the Art Car LEC, so good job on that also. 👍

Tough one to judge this time around, many great entries. Personally, in the spirits of the theme, anything that looks remotely professional is not in my thinking, it's gotta be rough and ready but above all else 'amateur' so that's gonna cut out quite a few I think.

Last edited:
Props to @JKcreativeworks for the excellent theme (that's also inspired a great new racing league to boot) and to @syntex123 for his continued work with the LEC!

:cheers:

Tough one to judge this time around, many great entries. Personally, in the spirits of the theme, anything that looks remotely professional is not in my thinking, it's gotta be rough and ready but above all else 'amateur' so that's gonna cut out quite a few I think.
I totally agree. I think I went a bit too professional, like if a company wanted to sponsor an event and have their own track day car. :lol:

James Morton's Motor Blog Special Report

GTPlanet Sunday Cup Pre-Season: The Car Contest

Today is the polling week for the GTPlanet Sunday Cup Car Contest of the Pre-Season. Last week, I submitted my car to the Car Contest, which is a voting-based competition within the Sunday Cup to which the community will decide who has the best car out of all by it's looks and backstory. Naturally, I decided to vote as well.

Each person can vote up to 3 cars that they think are the best out of all the entries, to which there's a whopping 40 entries to choose from! And pretty much all the cars have interesting looks and backstories, which makes the judging even harder!

But then, here we are, with my top 3 picks after a quick decision making:

1. Tommykaira R33 GT-R
I've chosen this for it's backstory, being that it's basically an R33 GT-R tuned by Tommykaira owned by some enthusiast who likes to go to trackdays with this big R. I like the fact that he covered his registration plate number with tape to keep it out from prying eyes! Oh, and the offset Sunday Cup number plate on the sides of the car, and it's held on by what seems to be some Flex Tape!

2. Raphael's M3 E30
I like the fact that this is a family project car, out of a Group A homologation special! That said can be the same for my R32 (although mine's the V-Spec II model, which is produced when Group A practically ceases to exist due to this and the Audi 80 DTM's All-Wheel Drive capabilities, while the E30 in question is the Sport Evolution model, which is produced at practically the same year as the first R32 Skyline GT-R.) Anyway, back to the topic! This particular E30 is in a sorry looking shape with the front bumper taping, some scratches and road grime, and a front registration plate that is about to fall off! But I have to appreciate how far this thing has been abused. Kudos to you, mate!

3. Matski's "Der Schwarz Baron"
This is the other E30 that I decided to vote for, mainly because of the humor contained with. The nickname itself is German for "The Black Baron." As it turns out, I have a laugh with this car, I mean, they literally drew the car with chalk, because it looks like a blackboard! Drawings include the big "Black Baron" text on the bonnet, some chalk flames, some other texts (including the upside down one on the front right fender, you have to call a marshal!), And most importantly a chalk drawn Warsteiner text with some imperfections, every Bimmer should have either that, the M stripes, or a Jägermeister sticker! May I punt you from the back, please? Should I call a marshal if I hit your front right fender?!

Some special shoutouts include:
Hong Kong Racing CTR: Hmm... Do I smell the fragrance that is an FK2 Civic Type R by an amateur team from the "Fragrant Harbour?" Well, it may scratch your lungs! Unless you are determined to live for over 90 years that is.

Biltema "A45 AMG": This car is a peculiar poser as it's actually started out as an A180. The owner of this sponsored car is actually a pretty nice guy. I remember him from my frequent trips to Gatebil, and he owns an S30Z!

The blue MR2: This is the most abused car in my opinion. Sadly, it didn't get the pick due to the racing number suffering from a printing mishap (I know that I have an OCD when it comes to racing numbers inside the number box.) The car itself is in an even worse condition than Raphael's E30 with all the wear and tear, plus the mismatched body panel colours. I imagine that the internals' conditions are a mixed bag.

Rain-Aru-San-Ni: Hey look, a fellow R32! Otherwise it's a good livery with its two tone and red lines accentuating the car pretty well. I first met the owner during the test sessions of the Sunday Cup (along a few others, including Mr. Stenshjemmet and his Biltema faux A45.)

KanColle 86 GRMN: This stands out the most out of all of the 40 entries (38 due to two of those entries are disqualified for some reason) due to it being the only Itasha (i.e pain car) out of the entries. It definetly pushed the contest rulebook to its limits, to which you are intended to only have sponsors and some simple elements such as shapes and/or a racing stripe on your car, as this thing has a character on the side of the car. I hope this car didn't get disqualified!

And that's it for now. Stay tuned for more special reports about the Sunday Cup!

For now, this is your boy James Morton signing off!

mine didn't make it in? did i do something wrong?

Oh crap, I must‘ve skipped it somehow when collecting the entries :scared:
I asked @syntex123 to check everything but apparently it was overlooked by him, too :boggled:

I‘m really sorry :ouch:

Yeah it’s so easy to overlook sometimes, sorry. Let’s just extend the poll with two days and reset it with yours included. :)

Okay, everyone. I'm sorry, but we messed up. The poll had to be reset and there is now one more entry. Be sure to vote again, and have a look at the entries again, please.

Last edited:
James Morton's Motor Blog Special Report

GTPlanet Sunday Cup Pre-Season: a blooper in the Car Contest

It is apparent that the Car Contest organizers has flopped up the entries, as there is actually a 39th entry (discounting the two disqualified cars) in form of the Otaku Lifestyle E30 M3. Bit of an "Oops!" moment from the organizers there, so this current poll has been extended for 36 hours, now with the 39 out of the 41 entries available for choosing.

To be honest, I will still pick the Tommykaira R33, Raphael's E30, and Matski's "Black Baron" once the poll has been reset with the missing E30 now available to recieve the votes. Until then, see you next time!

James Morton here signing off for this short post!

EDIT NOTES: The poll has been reset and we are back to square one again! And it's extended by 36 hours!

Last edited:
Every tamarro in Italy, ready to tackle Monza, Misano or Vallelunga with their "GTI-killer" MiTo, is saying thanks for the vote I got :lol:

Since I’m on vacation without my Mac and no chances to charge my phone whenever I want (tenting, yay :P) I just want to post a heads up:

If there is a tiebreaker I will post it up later today if I’m not around my phone when the time has ended ~3 hours from now. If a clear winner is present and no tiebreaker will take place — I will PM the winner later today too.

As for right now: I’m off to a waterpark with my pregnant fiancé. Later lads and gals! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back