Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Offroad cars. Dirt. Crests. We need more rally action! Livery and image by @CroxSkin - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
We've seen a lot of good asphalt racers so far. LMPs, old GT classics, track day cars.. Let's take it to the dirt! We'll let @CroxSkin explain:

Now that we’ve covered most things in tarmac racing, let’s make some rally cars for this round. If you were to enter any off-road or rally events in the world, what would your team race car look like? You most certainly can enter with a Gr.B car, but you may also enter with other grades car as long as it allows you to equip it with dirt wheels.

CARS: Any Gr.B cars or cars with the "dirt wheels" option
LIVERIES: Yes
USER MADE DECALS: Yes
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: One bonus image of your car on dirt/gravel/snow/sand

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #3

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #4

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #5

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #6

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #7

View media item 42482View media item 42483

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #8

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #9

View media item 42492View media item 42493
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17

gtpx1-jpg.754588

gtpx2-jpg.754589

gtpx3-jpg.754590

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23

Deadline

August 5, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Hooold your horses guys and gals. technical difficulty. I've been working on this for two hours, I'm so hot and tired.

EDIT: Fixed. I think. Do let me know if there's more to fix..

This was tough, very very tough, a lot of great designs for me to choose from. Eventually my votes went to the Sainz/Moya GT86, the PlayStation Nissan GTR and Sjaak's Lancer, but it was so damn hard to pick...

Good luck everyone! :gtpflag:

I missed out on this one, a lot of good liveries here, though not many 'rally' liveries in my view (perhaps because some of the cars are concepts in the game which perhaps doesn't help but there are plenty of other options) but it was between 7, 15 and 19 for me and 15 clinched, good work :cheers:

11-19-23 are my favourites for matter of taste. Despite every entry is a winner:

“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part;
the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.”

- Pierre de Coubertin (primarily responsible for the revival of the Olympic Games in 1894)

3, 7 and 19

There's a lot of good liveries but those three were picked because the Subaru and Lancer are actual rally liveries and the Martini Honda obviously takes inspiration from the old Martini Lancia livery, plus they all have the proper rally number plates which for me should be compulsory for a rally based livery. The quality as usual from all entrants is exceptional but I felt I had to lean towards the realistic liveries as a lot are rally cars/stock cars with random liveries which would suit any race cars.

Good job by everyone though.

I forgot to post my choices:

#4 - Hyundai - a bit of rally nostalgia, I always felt the little Coupes were a bit underrated.

#19 - Honda - a well executed 037 tribute with lots of detail and a dirty version to boot.

#21 - Nissan - 90's inspired colour scheme that's well executed (as always) suits the GT-R well and is Sport Mode compatible.

#1 - This just works. Looks very rugged and like it would only suit a rally car. Love this livery and by far my favourite.

#4 - As @BLiTZ mentioned. Nostalgia plus it's a real cool looking car. Fantastic looking!

#19 - Take me back to the Lancia days! Another load of nostalgia and it just seems to suit the NSX. instant Lancia feels looking at it and it's so well executed!

To add, I love pretty much all of these cars. They were so well executed. Good job! I do love the replica liveries and UK plate addition. Superb stuff!

I forgot to post my choices:

#4 - Hyundai - a bit of rally nostalgia, I always felt the little Coupes were a bit underrated.

#19 - Honda - a well executed 037 tribute with lots of detail and a dirty version to boot.

#21 - Nissan - 90's inspired colour scheme that's well executed (as always) suits the GT-R well and is Sport Mode compatible.

#1 - This just works. Looks very rugged and like it would only suit a rally car. Love this livery and by far my favourite.

#4 - As @BLiTZ mentioned. Nostalgia plus it's a real cool looking car. Fantastic looking!

#19 - Take me back to the Lancia days! Another load of nostalgia and it just seems to suit the NSX. instant Lancia feels looking at it and it's so well executed!

To add, I love pretty much all of these cars. They were so well executed. Good job! I do love the replica liveries and UK plate addition. Superb stuff!
Not only I'm happy for the votes, I'm happy to see some love for the old Coupe rally car. Back when Hyundai wasn't a dominant force in the wrc, and was a small maker competing against the giants. Thanks guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back