• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

POLL : REMINDER OF THE THEME

This week, old glories are back under the spotlights. Last winner @machine1121 set this theme, let's hear whar he has to say :

Whether it was a GT40 at Le Mans, SCCA Trans AM, 1970s FIA Group 4, or even NASCARs of the time, the 1960s and 1970s were filled with race cars that were available to the public as road cars. The "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality helped create many iconic homologation specials.

For this challenge, I want to recreate that era of racing by focusing on the 1979 and older road cars in GTS. Do some internet research to find appropriate sponsors and era correct logos for your chosen car. For a reference point, try to be as close as possible to the year the car was made. Then use the Discovery Section or create your own decals. I want to see original designs that look like they raced in the 1960s and 1970s.

CARS :
- Group N only
- 1979 or older
- No Gr.X classics
- No SEMA show/tuned cars
LIVERIES :
- Original designs only.
- No replicas, No tributes, No iconic liveries (Gulf, Martini, etc..) on different cars.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Must have a vintage style number plate, unless no number plate is more appropriate for the style of the car. Does not need to be Sport Mode Compatible, and if no number plate is used, the creator should explain why.
- Must use vintage logos for sponsor decals. Try to be as close as possible to the year of the car.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions
USER MADE DECALS :
- No Restrictions

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on January 1st, 2019 (23:00, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a full week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05
5 A.jpg

5 B.jpg

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07
7 A.jpg

7 B.jpg

7 C.jpg

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09
9 A.jpeg

9 B.jpeg

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12
full

full

full

Poll Option #13
OuwvA2z.jpg

12DTblk.jpg

KdLoAYq.jpg

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15
N7zqr3t.jpg

vPcCHFd.jpg

Hqo9lYd.jpg

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17
View media item 46353View media item 46352 _________________________________________

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26
26 A.jpg

26 B.jpg

26 C.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear was it hard this time, took me a few days to decide who to vote for...eventually after a lot of thinking through I went with 6, 13 and 20, but there were so many more I wanted to vote!

And, a new streak is starting with 0 votes for me haha :P

In my honest opinion every entrant in this competition has deserved at least one vote. Too bad that some splendid entries didn't receive any. Hopefully you guys will stay tuned … :gtpflag:

In my honest opinion every entrant in this competition has deserved at least one vote. Too bad that some splendid entries didn't receive any. Hopefully you guys will stay tuned … :gtpflag:

Yeah, me for example :guilty: ,maybe i missed some on the theme or people like Coke more than Pepsi :lol:....

Yeah, me for example :guilty: ,maybe i missed some on the theme or people like Coke more than Pepsi :lol:....
It's really weird to see your entry not receiving a single vote. It was one of those that really had me thinking for a few days, it deserved way more than the zero it got. :(

There is a livery (won't say which) that has a big period-correction issue that got quite a lot of votes. Makes me a bit sad :(

It seems I'm just missing the podium once again(due to my own vote hahaha). But the competition is getting so good!! Keep up the good work!

First of all, I wish everyone a happy new year ! Let's make 2019 even greater than 2018 with this awesome community :)

Second, here are my thoughts about the 20th round :

I can't imagine getting so many votes for my entry, so a massive thank you for those who voted for it.

My votes went for #1, #11 and #14. Despite being the first one, @D-Max entry captured the essence of the theme, and the execution was nice too with lots of accurate decals and a funny name. I've felt in love with @ZappaD Challenger. It might not be the boldest out there, but the masking technique, the way the lines fit the car and a very sleek and classic feeling seduced me. And finally @NBDESIGNZ Corvette, with great decals, and it gaves me the impression that it could have been in a Pixar's Cars movie.

My voice could also have been for #18, #22, and #23. I barely believe that @McDotter gets no votes, as the decals quality was awesome. I just didn't vote for it as it feels less "vintage" than the others I've chosen, but it was hard not to pick. @PerformLAB1 base livery was a bit plain, but the details of the weathering were very nicely done. @PrinsvOranje E-Type was nice too, again with a good masking technique. Honourable mentions for #7 @Teal and #8 @ghostrider135 for using something different.

Sorry for double posting, but this was a different subject of the one above

Back