• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

POLL : REMINDER OF THE THEME

This week, we'll have to deal with less body surface. Last winner @Cytoria set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

Since the launch of the LEC, 20 rounds ago, there is one particular type of car that didn't get too much attention, despite being the ultimate racing class. In fact, over 502 entries, only 7 dare to use an open-wheel car. The liveries on this type of car requires a different style from the usual racers. That's why it would be too easy to reproduce actual monoplace liveries. Replicas of existing open-wheeled cars are not allowed, so no F1 / Indycar / Formula E, and no Prototype liveries. BUT, as you'll need creativity to adapt them to the specific bodywork of the mandatory cars, you can make "replicas" of other racing cars. Whether it will be a Raybrig X2014, a Black Falcon KTM, or a pure original design, just have fun and let your imagination flows !

CARS :

- Only cars with open-wheels and/or visible suspension
- Chevrolet Chapparal 2X Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo F1500T-A (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior (Gr.X)
- Honda Project 2&4 Powered by RC213V (Gr.X)
- KTM X-Bow R (N300)

LIVERIES :
- Original designs allowed
- Replicas of existing race cars allowed
- No replicas of open-wheel cars
- No replicas of Prototype cars (as the bodywork is too similar to open-wheel cars)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Replicas allowed under the above conditions
- The car doesn't need to be Sport Mode compatible
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- No restrictions
USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on January 16, 2019 (01:00, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a full week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03
kiki1.jpg

kiki2.jpg

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11
View media item 46823View media item 46824 _________________________________________

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16
teal1.jpg

teal2.jpg

teal3.jpg

Poll Option #17
MXjtKN9.jpg

3v6e307.jpg

DXpOTCv.jpg

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Last edited:
This was hard as hell, it gets harder with every week, give me a break guys! :lol: alright, so...with so many great liveries, I decided to vote somewhat differently this time. I narrowed it all down to some of the liveries (a lot, I couldn't really discard anyone easily) and decided to give out three vote to three liveries based on different cars. So I picked the following:

- #4 Chaparral VGT: the only one based on this very futuristic car, and honestly one of my top choices for this voting session; this is one of the two picks that would've got my vote no matter what. Fits the car perfectly, and overall a wonderful design. I'd put it on my own Chaparral VGT, if only I had one, that is. :lol:

- #13 F1500-TA: the second one that I was sure I would've voted, fell in love since the minute I saw it posted. Simply perfect, nothing really more to be added :bowdown:

- #14 Red Bull X-2014: my favourite among the Red Bulls gets the third vote from me. Really loving the design, with all the wings around the car. And especially, no fake wheels outside the wheel covers, sorry but I really can't stand fake wheels on the RB cars, my insane mind can't handle them :P

Honorable mentions? Can't say, the list would include almost every livery I haven't voted for. Such a high level this time, great job everybody! :cheers:

Give me another week to select my favourites. Until now, I simply cannot make any decision due to the fact that we have a sheer overwhelming amount of candidates for the podium.

After hesitating for some time I went with #04, #05 and #21.

#04: I hate to look at the Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo, I hate its sound and I hate to drive it. But I have to admit that @JKcreativeworks delivered a sheer masterpiece of livery: The smart use of colour, patterns and decals makes the futuristic machine turn out to be a “butterfly” of perfect beauty and style. Hats off!

#05: @MMX came up with a BMW-style monoposto with clear and clean overall design. A convincing visual concept I fell love with at once. It makes me want to climb into the cockpit and start right away. Well done.

#21: The Minolta Toyota 88C-V was an iconic and legendary car with a famous design. @Nuschel01 succeeded in transferring the look on to the difficult monoposto body and created an outstanding result. Great job.

If I had more than three votes I would have chosen also poll option #02, #09, #10, #14, and #20.

With so many great liveries in this round I kept telling myself I'd need time to sit down and really narrow the choices. That time never came and I missed out on voting. :(

Congrats to the winner! It's a lovely piece.

Congratulations @JKcreativeworks with a very clean entry with adjusted decals.

My votes went to #01, #13 and #21.

@Baliwa nicely uses the shapes of the X2014, and the teammate was cool to see too.

@Raphaele and @Nuschel01 (and also @MMX , @Panoz and @Snaeper ) really captured the « replica » side of the theme, with transposition of well-known liveries but re-imagined to fit the F1500 body shape.

Congrats to those who dared to use the KTM or Honda 2&4, they were a tricky challenge !

I could quote everyone, as the entries were all great ! Thanks !

Edit : updated the winners’ post

Congratulations @JKcreativeworks with a very clean entry with adjusted decals.

My votes went to #01, #13 and #21.

@Baliwa nicely uses the shapes of the X2014, and the teammate was cool to see too.

Edit : updated the winners’ post

Thanks, I just love X2014J and X2010 body, they just need open wheel or turbofan wheel

Seems like everybody really hates Bull and Monster liverys by now .... :grumpy:

I'll pointing out that's not how the world works. If you try make some split design like that, try use brand on same owner (Monster with Cola-Cola, or Red Bull with Red Bull Organic) I like the idea about zipper as divider for the sponsor but not the sponsor, sorry.

Thanks, I just love X2014J and X2010 body, they just need open wheel or turbofan wheel

I'll pointing out that's not how the world works. If you try make some split design like that, try use brand on same owner (Monster with Cola-Cola, or Red Bull with Red Bull Organic) I like the idea about zipper as divider for the sponsor but not the sponsor, sorry.

The idea behind the Sponsorthing was to tell that the car is a Monster in Bullskin (RedBull car with a Monster inside)
But anyways 0 votes for hell of work ...
Next time i keep it clean and simple, seems to be the way to win.

By the way, congrats to JK, fine work as always ! :gtpflag:

I voted for #2, #14 and #21

I thought both Toyota adaptations were well done. Good decal placement, very natural form.

I really liked #14 for an original livery though. I loved the ghosted gold graphics, good number placement and branding. Looked like a real race car.

@JKcreativeworks is his own worst enemy. This car does all of the technical things well, but it just didn't stand out to me like some of his other cars have in the past (National Porsche, Barn Find Lamborghini). Lack of number for what otherwise looked like a race car didn't help. I've not had to paint a Chappy yet so I cannot appreciate how difficult it might to be to make that scheme.

@Raphaele had the opposite reaction. Was very eye catching and made an emotional connection with me, but given that I also did a Sr. car, I was maybe a bit over critical on the details and there were enough technical issues I took with it that the two Toyota cars didn't have to cause me to pass. Was a little surprised to see the difference in votes between the two Sr. cars, but I think mine just doesn't stand out enough being that it's black and has a fairly easy looking scheme.

@MMX Did an absolutely lovely original livery that was so good that I passed it over with the likely thought of "It looks just like an open wheel car, meh". I'm glad others appreciated it more than I did.

Congrats to everyone.

Back