POLL : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 44 (New Breed) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 34 comments

New Breed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here we go. Again, apologies for the delays; Christmas preparations are taking their toll. I probably should write them up during voting time and release them after. As with previous feedback, this is purely my opinion. I could have had a bad turn in my sense of livery design, in which case completely disregard the comments below :lol:. I've tried to be as constructive and helpful as possible on any improvements that could be made, and if anyone wants any clarifications on the improvements below, feel me to message me and I'll try and do some Photoshop work. I hope everyone has a great Christmas holiday season. You've all earned it!

Podium Places:
#23 - I feel like I've sinned when I say I only recently discovered the Wipeout games last year. With that being said, what a masterpiece. All the details fit perfectly on the 2X, considering it looks like a spaceship anyway. Of course it would be easy to just recreate an existing Feisar livery, but you've gone beyond that with a completely unique livery that adds more of the Wipeout identity in it. Definitely ready for 2048. Perfect job!

#8 - I'm feeling an instant blast of America, preferably from the skies, from this one. A nice sharp design that uses the right amounts of white, blue and red along with different shades of blue to further accent the car. Despite the overwhelming amount of sponsors, none of them look out of place; the placements and sizings are perfect. A perfect livery to lead Audi's campaign in the new combined DTM & Super GT regulations.

#2 - A really clean, well designed livery that utilises the metallic silver well with the white. The Vodafone logo on the side with the silver straightaway gives me Formula 1 vibes, as does the front stripes; even though the livery is designed for IMSA competition. The UK and US flag designs act as good fillers for the rear fenders; and the overall placement of all the sponsors are perfect. Fantastic work!

#15 - Out of all the liveries here, this is the most elegant. The contouring curves seem to be inspired from the L'Or Blanc Veyron and the Zebra Chiron, but are unique in their shape. The paint used on the car is perfect: mixes of pink, purple, blue make it look like a ball of energy rather than a car. The paint is mixed well with the black areas as well; not too overpowering. Sponsor placements are perfect and don't detract from the overall style of the livery. Future racing royalty.

#1 - There's nothing really wrong with this livery at all; more just a case of the other entries being more eyecatching, most likely down to car choice. This is a nice realistic livery which uses features of the Copen's shape to turn it into something that wouldn't look out of place in a field of Super Taikyu racers. The only possible room for improvement here might be the strip of sponsors along the side skirt area; they look a bit too close together and without much room. Reducing the size of them just a little will be enough to give a little bit more realism; but otherwise a great livery which sadly didn't get the appreciation it deserved.

#3 - I like where this livery was going; it looks like something along the lines of a Trophy/One-make series livery. Nice and simple to show off the curves of the Jag. However, the sponsor placements seem to take away from the design: the bonnet section is bunched together too tightly, and would benefit from either reducing the size of each of the sponsors to give them breathing room from each other, or moving them all to cover one of the side fender contours within the bonnet section; the Jaguar Racing logo might've been better off at the space at the front of the bonnet instead of at the top. The side sponsors would probably need to be resized too to match the new size on the bonnet. There's not much at the rear, but another Jaguar Racing logo or 36 decal would be enough there. There is potential in this one.

#4 - Immediate Citroen DS3 Racing inspiration vibes here, but you've turned it into something quite bold and distinctive with the signatures of Off-White and Nike branding. The livery looks almost abstract in its layout, but doesn't look empty or lacking of anything. A different livery in comparison to most, and one that lends itself nicely to the 'New Breed' aspect. Nicely done!

#5 - As I've said before, I believe the FT-1 VGT is one of the hardest cars to design a livery for, due to the large sweeping areas. Chrome colours are risky to use because if not used wisely, the resulting reflections can take away from the overall livery; therefore I recommend changing to a normal glossy yellow. The front end is quite simplistic but the choice of black and white hides the nooks and crannies of the FT-1 well. The side stripes appear to flow from the front design but the top side stripe has too much of a gap to keep it consisent. The size of the main sponsor logos are fine, but the parts sponsor strip decals need shrinking to make it look more realistic. As yellow is quite a powerful colour, the rear could benefit from the entire lower section from the lights and the ducktail contour in black.

#6 - Quite simplistic, but I do get vibes of some of the M3 GT2 liveries from this. The green is a nice change from the usual white, and the addage of the Alpina 'stripes' almost makes the BMW stripes look redundant. It might need a few more sponsors to fit in a realistic racing environment but otherwise it's rather clean. Again, it could well be a Trophy/One-make series style of livery.

#7 - Red and blue, immediately bold; and it's been nicely split up with the black and white. The size of some of the logos might be too big though. The Liqui Moly logo on the bonnet section looks stretched/distorted, although the idea of wrapping the logo around the edge was a good one. The sponsor strips on the side skirts are too large; shrinking each logo a little should be enough. The VW badge logo on the rear pillar needs to be either white or black; blue is too conflicting for the eyes when directly applied onto red. Other than that, quite a nice clean design.

#9 - A clean livery made distinctive by it's vibrant contrasting colour scheme. I'm glad you didn't go overboard with the pinky-purple; the front section is enough for such a strong colour. I like the grey accents too; a subtle bit of extra detail. The watermark effect of the Biotek logo on the green also works nicely to add more detail and texture. Sponsor placements are perfect and are minimal enough to let the dynamic design show itself. Nice job!

#10 - I like this one a lot. Clean, simple and distinctive. I'd say almost iconic. I like how you've taken the base decals of the EF7; incorporating the identity into the livery. The use of the gold works really well to show off the curves and the unusual front bonnet wing. Sponsor placements and sizings are perfect, adding detail only where needed. Should've been a podium at least in my opinion.

#11 - Riffing off of the 2001 Castrol Supra GT with the pill design; good. It adds a newer, more modern feel to the livery when the famous curves take the spotlight. The dominant red and green front adds to the modern feel too. Linking the white division line at the front to the side contour is a clever idea and neatly done. Sponsor placements and sizings are fine; although the side NGK logo might stand out more in white. Overall, a pretty realistic livery for a futuristic car. I hope we do see Mitsubishi back in mainstream motorsports soon.

#12 - The light theme of this livery leads me to think it's for a snow rally or something similar. I like the red & blue watermark style Mini motifs all over the car; and the sponsor placements and sizings are perfect. It's the roof and pillar section that seems to take away from the livery. The bold colours of the Russian flag spread across the roof kinda ruins the light effect you've built upon; and might be better off in either a solid white or black, or the watermark blue or red you already have. You could put the Russian flag in small size at the front of the roof if you stiil want to keep it on. Same case with the pillar section, the watermark decal less so; but the Sparco logo looks kinda odd sideways like that, and would be better off being replaced with a black decal to cover most of the pillar, leaving the rear section if needs be. A good effort though.

#13 - A simple white/black divide with nice red accents. The sponsors on the sides do give a scatterfest vibe in that they're not laid out in any particular neat fashion, and there is some leftover space underneath. Personally, I'd get white versions of the dark logos there and move the lot to the carbon skirt area or around the rear side section. I'd rotate the side custom number plates to be aligned with the door cut-out too. Other than that, a pretty decent livery.

#14 - Immediately I like the liquid-esque flow of the white-to-black-to-teal gradient. Similar to #9, the overall layout of the livery is quite simple, but it makes the most out of what it has. The AE shining star is iconic on the front end, and the sponsor placements and sizing are done well. Even the number plate section blends nicely as to not ruin the overall colour scheme. Even the sharp lines gliding over the fenders help to accent the livery. Nice job!

#16 - The only thing letting this livery down is the overwhelming amount of yellow, in matte too. It looks better in the scenery pictures; but in the main white background pics, it can look too much. You could try a Viper metallic blue or a metallic silver. Other than that, a pretty decent livery. I like the red, black and white design that carries on through the vents to the sides.

#17 - A rather surprising combination of nVidia and Toyota, but it has led to this sharp dynamic livery. The green swooshes and curves handle well with the FT-1's curvy body, and black background colour works well to hide some of the car's more wild features. The amount of each colour used is balanced enough so that neither look too overpowering, and the white accents help the greens to stand out better. Not a lot of sponsors; but for the ones that are there, they seem to be placed and sized appropriately. Good work!

#18 - Wow! You managed to turn what I previously thought was an odd-looking uglymobile into something I want to see on the grid at Le Mans. The sharp black and white divide helps to draw attention away from those odd-shaped rear pillar vents and direct it towards to the more beautiful and sponsor-friendly areas. I like how the Peugeot Sport colours emerge from the vents and transform into the techno-style design on the black. The red lip off the bonnet works really well too, adding to the sharp-edged design of the front lights. Sponsors are minimal but again the placements and sizings are perfect. Even the Total and Red Bull logos at the back add to the overall look. Wonderful job!

#20 - Immediately getting patriotic vibes from this; both the dashed-style French flags and the French racing blue. The dots at the front are an interesting addition; they seem to stem from the foglights(?, or whatever the really small dots on the front of the car are). I'm not sure about the Peugeot text logo being in blue; it might stand out more in just a plain white. Overall though, quite a nice livery.

#21 - Kinda confusing this one; it seems simple with the solid cut lines, but is actually quite dynamic-looking. The front detailing is nice, emphasising the smooth grille area and the side vents; as is the rear detailing in breaking up the white area with the car's own features. The sharp white cuts across the Jag are a bold move, but I think it works for this. Sponsor placements and sizings are perfect, as are the 'eTrophy' and 'The Winning Formula' decals. If WEC held a one-make support series within the 24 hours of Le Mans, this could be it!

#22 - I like the use of the bright blue with the black and red. The Total logos on the front and rear look like they've been sized specifically to make the red background stretch to reach the blue sides; but it ends up looking tacky. I recommend using proper shapes to create a red background that would sort out the large fill, and use the plain Total text you've used on the sides on the front and back too; appropriately sized. Not sure about the DS logo on a Peugeot; I thought DS was a sub-brand of Citroen.

#24 - A rather simple clean-looking touring car livery. The Polyphony and Playstation logos on the side would probably be better off horizontal rather than slanted. The bold orange works well with the black, but the orange might be too intense for the eyes. I feel like it could benefit from a number plate; either a GT Sport one or a TCR one. Other than that, a pretty decent livery.

#23 - I feel like I've sinned when I say I only recently discovered the Wipeout games last year. With that being said, what a masterpiece. All the details fit perfectly on the 2X, considering it looks like a spaceship anyway. Of course it would be easy to just recreate an existing Feisar livery, but you've gone beyond that with a completely unique livery that adds more of the Wipeout identity in it. Definitely ready for 2048. Perfect job!
Wow, what can I say?
Thanks for this kinds comments! :cheers:

Happy Holidays to @everyone!

Here we go. Again, apologies for the delays; Christmas preparations are taking their toll. I probably should write them up during voting time and release them after. As with previous feedback, this is purely my opinion. I could have had a bad turn in my sense of livery design, in which case completely disregard the comments below :lol:. I've tried to be as constructive and helpful as possible on any improvements that could be made, and if anyone wants any clarifications on the improvements below, feel me to message me and I'll try and do some Photoshop work. I hope everyone has a great Christmas holiday season. You've all earned it!

Podium Places:

#8 - I'm feeling an instant blast of America, preferably from the skies, from this one. A nice sharp design that uses the right amounts of white, blue and red along with different shades of blue to further accent the car. Despite the overwhelming amount of sponsors, none of them look out of place; the placements and sizings are perfect. A perfect livery to lead Audi's campaign in the new combined DTM & Super GT regulations.

#2 - A really clean, well designed livery that utilises the metallic silver well with the white. The Vodafone logo on the side with the silver straightaway gives me Formula 1 vibes, as does the front stripes; even though the livery is designed for IMSA competition. The UK and US flag designs act as good fillers for the rear fenders; and the overall placement of all the sponsors are perfect. Fantastic work!

#15 - Out of all the liveries here, this is the most elegant. The contouring curves seem to be inspired from the L'Or Blanc Veyron and the Zebra Chiron, but are unique in their shape. The paint used on the car is perfect: mixes of pink, purple, blue make it look like a ball of energy rather than a car. The paint is mixed well with the black areas as well; not too overpowering. Sponsor placements are perfect and don't detract from the overall style of the livery. Future racing royalty.

#1 - There's nothing really wrong with this livery at all; more just a case of the other entries being more eyecatching, most likely down to car choice. This is a nice realistic livery which uses features of the Copen's shape to turn it into something that wouldn't look out of place in a field of Super Taikyu racers. The only possible room for improvement here might be the strip of sponsors along the side skirt area; they look a bit too close together and without much room. Reducing the size of them just a little will be enough to give a little bit more realism; but otherwise a great livery which sadly didn't get the appreciation it deserved.

#3 - I like where this livery was going; it looks like something along the lines of a Trophy/One-make series livery. Nice and simple to show off the curves of the Jag. However, the sponsor placements seem to take away from the design: the bonnet section is bunched together too tightly, and would benefit from either reducing the size of each of the sponsors to give them breathing room from each other, or moving them all to cover one of the side fender contours within the bonnet section; the Jaguar Racing logo might've been better off at the space at the front of the bonnet instead of at the top. The side sponsors would probably need to be resized too to match the new size on the bonnet. There's not much at the rear, but another Jaguar Racing logo or 36 decal would be enough there. There is potential in this one.

#4 - Immediate Citroen DS3 Racing inspiration vibes here, but you've turned it into something quite bold and distinctive with the signatures of Off-White and Nike branding. The livery looks almost abstract in its layout, but doesn't look empty or lacking of anything. A different livery in comparison to most, and one that lends itself nicely to the 'New Breed' aspect. Nicely done!

#5 - As I've said before, I believe the FT-1 VGT is one of the hardest cars to design a livery for, due to the large sweeping areas. Chrome colours are risky to use because if not used wisely, the resulting reflections can take away from the overall livery; therefore I recommend changing to a normal glossy yellow. The front end is quite simplistic but the choice of black and white hides the nooks and crannies of the FT-1 well. The side stripes appear to flow from the front design but the top side stripe has too much of a gap to keep it consisent. The size of the main sponsor logos are fine, but the parts sponsor strip decals need shrinking to make it look more realistic. As yellow is quite a powerful colour, the rear could benefit from the entire lower section from the lights and the ducktail contour in black.

#6 - Quite simplistic, but I do get vibes of some of the M3 GT2 liveries from this. The green is a nice change from the usual white, and the addage of the Alpina 'stripes' almost makes the BMW stripes look redundant. It might need a few more sponsors to fit in a realistic racing environment but otherwise it's rather clean. Again, it could well be a Trophy/One-make series style of livery.

#7 - Red and blue, immediately bold; and it's been nicely split up with the black and white. The size of some of the logos might be too big though. The Liqui Moly logo on the bonnet section looks stretched/distorted, although the idea of wrapping the logo around the edge was a good one. The sponsor strips on the side skirts are too large; shrinking each logo a little should be enough. The VW badge logo on the rear pillar needs to be either white or black; blue is too conflicting for the eyes when directly applied onto red. Other than that, quite a nice clean design.

#9 - A clean livery made distinctive by it's vibrant contrasting colour scheme. I'm glad you didn't go overboard with the pinky-purple; the front section is enough for such a strong colour. I like the grey accents too; a subtle bit of extra detail. The watermark effect of the Biotek logo on the green also works nicely to add more detail and texture. Sponsor placements are perfect and are minimal enough to let the dynamic design show itself. Nice job!

#10 - I like this one a lot. Clean, simple and distinctive. I'd say almost iconic. I like how you've taken the base decals of the EF7; incorporating the identity into the livery. The use of the gold works really well to show off the curves and the unusual front bonnet wing. Sponsor placements and sizings are perfect, adding detail only where needed. Should've been a podium at least in my opinion.

#11 - Riffing off of the 2001 Castrol Supra GT with the pill design; good. It adds a newer, more modern feel to the livery when the famous curves take the spotlight. The dominant red and green front adds to the modern feel too. Linking the white division line at the front to the side contour is a clever idea and neatly done. Sponsor placements and sizings are fine; although the side NGK logo might stand out more in white. Overall, a pretty realistic livery for a futuristic car. I hope we do see Mitsubishi back in mainstream motorsports soon.

#12 - The light theme of this livery leads me to think it's for a snow rally or something similar. I like the red & blue watermark style Mini motifs all over the car; and the sponsor placements and sizings are perfect. It's the roof and pillar section that seems to take away from the livery. The bold colours of the Russian flag spread across the roof kinda ruins the light effect you've built upon; and might be better off in either a solid white or black, or the watermark blue or red you already have. You could put the Russian flag in small size at the front of the roof if you stiil want to keep it on. Same case with the pillar section, the watermark decal less so; but the Sparco logo looks kinda odd sideways like that, and would be better off being replaced with a black decal to cover most of the pillar, leaving the rear section if needs be. A good effort though.

#13 - A simple white/black divide with nice red accents. The sponsors on the sides do give a scatterfest vibe in that they're not laid out in any particular neat fashion, and there is some leftover space underneath. Personally, I'd get white versions of the dark logos there and move the lot to the carbon skirt area or around the rear side section. I'd rotate the side custom number plates to be aligned with the door cut-out too. Other than that, a pretty decent livery.

#14 - Immediately I like the liquid-esque flow of the white-to-black-to-teal gradient. Similar to #9, the overall layout of the livery is quite simple, but it makes the most out of what it has. The AE shining star is iconic on the front end, and the sponsor placements and sizing are done well. Even the number plate section blends nicely as to not ruin the overall colour scheme. Even the sharp lines gliding over the fenders help to accent the livery. Nice job!

#16 - The only thing letting this livery down is the overwhelming amount of yellow, in matte too. It looks better in the scenery pictures; but in the main white background pics, it can look too much. You could try a Viper metallic blue or a metallic silver. Other than that, a pretty decent livery. I like the red, black and white design that carries on through the vents to the sides.

#17 - A rather surprising combination of nVidia and Toyota, but it has led to this sharp dynamic livery. The green swooshes and curves handle well with the FT-1's curvy body, and black background colour works well to hide some of the car's more wild features. The amount of each colour used is balanced enough so that neither look too overpowering, and the white accents help the greens to stand out better. Not a lot of sponsors; but for the ones that are there, they seem to be placed and sized appropriately. Good work!

#18 - Wow! You managed to turn what I previously thought was an odd-looking uglymobile into something I want to see on the grid at Le Mans. The sharp black and white divide helps to draw attention away from those odd-shaped rear pillar vents and direct it towards to the more beautiful and sponsor-friendly areas. I like how the Peugeot Sport colours emerge from the vents and transform into the techno-style design on the black. The red lip off the bonnet works really well too, adding to the sharp-edged design of the front lights. Sponsors are minimal but again the placements and sizings are perfect. Even the Total and Red Bull logos at the back add to the overall look. Wonderful job!

#20 - Immediately getting patriotic vibes from this; both the dashed-style French flags and the French racing blue. The dots at the front are an interesting addition; they seem to stem from the foglights(?, or whatever the really small dots on the front of the car are). I'm not sure about the Peugeot text logo being in blue; it might stand out more in just a plain white. Overall though, quite a nice livery.

#21 - Kinda confusing this one; it seems simple with the solid cut lines, but is actually quite dynamic-looking. The front detailing is nice, emphasising the smooth grille area and the side vents; as is the rear detailing in breaking up the white area with the car's own features. The sharp white cuts across the Jag are a bold move, but I think it works for this. Sponsor placements and sizings are perfect, as are the 'eTrophy' and 'The Winning Formula' decals. If WEC held a one-make support series within the 24 hours of Le Mans, this could be it!

#22 - I like the use of the bright blue with the black and red. The Total logos on the front and rear look like they've been sized specifically to make the red background stretch to reach the blue sides; but it ends up looking tacky. I recommend using proper shapes to create a red background that would sort out the large fill, and use the plain Total text you've used on the sides on the front and back too; appropriately sized. Not sure about the DS logo on a Peugeot; I thought DS was a sub-brand of Citroen.

#24 - A rather simple clean-looking touring car livery. The Polyphony and Playstation logos on the side would probably be better off horizontal rather than slanted. The bold orange works well with the black, but the orange might be too intense for the eyes. I feel like it could benefit from a number plate; either a GT Sport one or a TCR one. Other than that, a pretty decent livery.

Wow, thank you for all the effort you have made with your feedback!

Podium Places:

Thanks for the feedback on my McLaren...
You noticed the front half’s inspiration of the 2008 era F1 car. The rear is a take on an iconic McLaren F1 GTR.
I knew there wouldn’t be many going towards the IMSA route but I felt the McLaren VGT really felt more like a future DPI class car :D:cheers:

Back