Not open for further replies.

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
LEC53_poster.jpg

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are going far above the clouds. Last winner @pinapari set this theme, here are the details :

" Reach for the stars, explore our universe, or simply honor your country's space program and the explorers who push the limits of our knowledge. "

The AMG GT3 livery pictured here is based on the NASA Voyager probe missions and used many symbols and details from the golden record that is attached to the spacecraft.

For more info about these fascinating missions to explore the planets and deep space, please check out the article at wikipedia
pina_voyager1.jpg

pina_voyager2.jpg

CARS
:
- Any Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4 or Gr.B race cars.

LIVERIES :
- Original designs are highly encouraged; but inspirations from existing real-life liveries are allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Pplease limit your designs to something that has a basis in the real world such as planets, stars, astronomy, NASA, Space Shuttles, satellites, rovers, Apollo, etc.
- Feel free to add whatever sponsors are appropriate to the cars to produce a race ready car.
- As per the above rule on real world basis, fictional space concepts or movie/TV based spacecraft are specifically not allowed.
- While number boards are not required, if you wish to use a number board, please keep it GTS size and position compatible.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to two bonus pictures
- One shot must be taken in Scapes using the Islands of Hawaii Observatory location (any shot from this location is allowed)

USER MADE DECALS:
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on May 21, 2020 (23:00, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

Please take the time to open all the spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the best way for most of them.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07
sld11.jpg

sld12.jpg

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18
View media item 62130View media item 62129 _____________________________________

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Last edited:
Congratulations @Slender_Man , well deserved. The livery seen « from the track » already looks great, but then you see the top view and you realize it’s an amazing space shuttle, and that add so much depth to the whole design.

Well done @AngryKowski too, once again it’s the combination of different views which explains the livery.

And congratulations also for @wowbaggerBR for setting your second podium in a row (and it was a very close battle with my own entry until the end!)

:cheers:

Two of my own votes went for @AngryKowski (#06) and @Slender_Man (#07) so I’m not disappointed, but my favourite entry was @AlexWilmot’s Citroen GT (#05). I absolutely wanted to enter with this car in this particular round, due to its spaceship look, but I eventually couldn’t find a design that fits it and went for the Renault RS01. But what you achieved here with the complex graphics on the top yet keeping the chrome base color on other place was state of the art. And that Mars bonus shot was amazing too!

I’ll update the winners post and add some fun facts later!

:gtpflag:

Congratulations @Slender_Man , well deserved. The livery seen « from the track » already looks great, but then you see the top view and you realize it’s an amazing space shuttle, and that add so much depth to the whole design.

Well done @AngryKowski too, once again it’s the combination of different views which explains the livery.

And congratulations also for @wowbaggerBR for setting your second podium in a row (and it was a very close battle with my own entry until the end!)

Two of my own votes went for @AngryKowski (#06) and @Slender_Man (#07) so I’m not disappointed, but my favourite entry was @AlexWilmot’s Citroen GT (#05). I absolutely wanted to enter with this car in this particular round, due to its spaceship look, but I eventually couldn’t find a design that fits it and went for the Renault RS01. But what you achieved here with the complex graphics on the top yet keeping the chrome base color on other place was state of the art. And that Mars bonus shot was amazing too!

Thanks! It's nice to know someone appreciates the effort gone into the design :cheers:

Man, I'm really surprised to have beaten amazing designs such as yours, @Cytoria . It's really great to be in a podium again, specially in such a challenging theme and to have achieve that with votes from guys that I follow in the game for quite a while. It's really great!

Thanks!

But I'm disappointed of my own entry. Again I had high expectations and failed miserably. It's so incredible hard to compete against you, my good sirs!
The Bugatti VGT is a quirky car to work on. With its organic lines and various body panels, to me there are only two ways to deal with : you can either go full complex with multiple shapes, following the body or not, or you can go with a very simplistic approach, which you’ve chosen.

The weathering effect, although nicely done and surely time consuming, don’t do justice to the livery, and instead of adding realism and « history », it made the car feel dull. A bright white contrasted with semi-matte black would have be more striking and eye-catching.

The use of gold as a secondary color was a nice touch, but it appears on weird place. On the engine cover and on the rear light bar, gold feels natural as heat reflector. Same for the hood. But the complex headlights of the VGT doesn’t need this kind of highlight, and I wouldn’t have add gold there.

B116A251-C0E4-44DA-8DA8-FBDA1C5DEACE.jpeg

E41F46D2-E041-465B-B05B-BB5AD3CE105C.jpeg

The Bugatti VGT is a quirky car to work on. With its organic lines and various body panels, to me there are only two ways to deal with : you can either go full complex with multiple shapes, following the body or not, or you can go with a very simplistic approach, which you’ve chosen.

The weathering effect, although nicely done and surely time consuming, don’t do justice to the livery, and instead of adding realism and « history », it made the car feel dull. A bright white contrasted with semi-matte black would have be more striking and eye-catching.

The use of gold as a secondary color was a nice touch, but it appears on weird place. On the engine cover and on the rear light bar, gold feels natural as heat reflector. Same for the hood. But the complex headlights of the VGT doesn’t need this kind of highlight, and I wouldn’t have add gold there.

View attachment 923100
View attachment 923099

That's one hell of a feedback, thank you! And also a very nice and sleak intepration of a Space Race Bugatti!

The winners post is updated.

Fun facts :
- This is the first win ever for a Gr.1 car in an open-class competition. In fact, the only other Gr.1 victory was on the LEC #05 two years ago, where they were mandatory.
- With two Gr.1 on the podium, we now have 4 Gr.1 podiums on open-class competitions (out of 190).
- Porsche scores its 6th victory and has now 21 appearances on the Hall of Fame.
- This is the second victory and 6th podium for @Slender_Man
- 3rd podium (and 1 victory) for @AngryKowski
- 2nd podium (in a row, both with a 911 RSR) for @wowbaggerBR

Edit : we all know which car should have won here :

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back