• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, the frenchies are on the spotlights. Last winner @Cytoria set this theme, here are the details :

«I thought it was time to honor my country. Despite having a decent amount of cars on GT Sport, french cars are not very popular on the LEC and even in the races.

So now you’ll be forced to use one of our jewels. Creativity will be encouraged so replicas are not allowed, but everything else is free, from a futuristic Alpine VGT spaceship to a fun track day wrap for the 208, or a very serious Veyron Gr.4.

Bonne chance! »

CARS :
- French cars only.

LIVERIES :
- Original creations only, no replicas allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Other than the country of the car, you can do anything you want.
- Sport Mode compatibility is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.
- One picture must be taken at a french location (race photo or scapes).

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on August 27, 2020 (22:45, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

Please take the time to open all the spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the best way for most of them.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02
50171002648_c3755298af_z.jpg

50171545151_dddfcc9d9f_z.jpg

50171545106_aaa1cfb05a_z.jpg

50171545066_3e36aea7fd_z.jpg

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10
View media item 66422View media item 66421 _____________________________________

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18
nat01.jpg

nat02.jpg

nat03.jpg

nat04.jpg

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20
View media item 66489View media item 66490 _____________________________________

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26
sld01.jpg

sld02.jpg

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29
joe01.jpg

joe02.jpg

joe03.jpg

joe04.jpg

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32
View media item 67110View media item 67109

Last edited:
The tension is high! Not only for this round but the whole season.

I wish I could share the numbers, but I don’t want to influence any votes. All I can say is that the rankings for the first 8 places of the season are drastically not the same as they were at the end of the previous round...

Also, as it was « my » theme, I’ll do an extensive review of the entries. Not all of them, but I’ll try to cover at least half of the pack.

I like to give an extensive review of my pickings, but this time I had such a hard time in choosing that I would have to explain why some and not others. So I'll be short:

#3 : great use of the surfaces, it's elegant and it's something France would proudly align in any grid as a national entry. You made me vote for a VGT!
#17 : loved the backstory, the upside down number was a clever touch and the cycling team looks great in a car form
#24 : designing retro liveries is not something I'm good at, so it always impresses me when I see some great one. I enjoy your designs because they are always clean and well thought out - and you have a knack for making airway companies appealing!

#1, #2, #8, #13, #15, #23, #25: all of you wen't for some realistic racing car design and all of you were sucessful in doing so - there are really great designs in this list. I could have pick anyone of those in my votes, but in the end went for the three I found more special, or had a particular element, craftsmanship or sheer creative value not matched in others.

While I, i.e. #29, have no votes in this poll, I had chose, #2, 20 and 28. It was based on the most likes in these respective threads.

I'm going to pretend I'm glad I probably won't win from here. I started to think of what my theme would be for next time and really struggled! You're all lucky you won't end up with something dumb :lol:

Really appreciate all the votes! :cheers: thanks folks.

Congratulations @wowbaggerBR !
With this score, you take the win of the round AND of the whole season!

Well done also to @Azabear6 for his second place, and @stepsinpairs and @teensonacid who share the third step of the podium.

Thank you all for dressing up the cars of my country so nicely!

WOW, I never expected to win anything, let alone a whole season when I started taking part regularly.

Huge thanks for all the votes guys!

Last edited:
I'm surprised I made the top 20.
That’s because we’ve only had 25 contestants this season... :cool:

Just kidding: they were 81!

And what surprise me the most is the dedication: this season we have 12 people who entered all the rounds. The other seasons this number was 2-5-4-3-7, so that’s a huuuuge step.

So my hat off for @AngryKowski , @AlexWilmot , @teensonacid , @Higny , @Adam Barber , @baldgye , @CorvairGuy69 , @Racerx_34 , @ringkurier , @ro_har_ , @Slender_Man and @Raphaele !

:gtpflag:

That’s because we’ve only had 25 contestants this season... :cool:

Just kidding: they were 81!

And what surprise me the most is the dedication: this season we have 12 people who entered all the rounds. The other seasons this number was 2-5-4-3-7, so that’s a huuuuge step.

So my hat off for @AngryKowski , @AlexWilmot , @teensonacid , @Higny , @Adam Barber , @baldgye , @CorvairGuy69 , @Racerx_34 , @ringkurier , @ro_har_ , @Slender_Man and @Raphaele !

:gtpflag:
Great cinema!
12 Angry Men or 12 Monkeys? :lol:

Wow! I didn't expect to see myself that high up on that list @Cytoria

Many thanks for the organisation of these competition's, it has definitely helped me get back in touch with my creative side again(used to make real world race car liveries years ago) and open up another aspect of this game!

Congrats to all who participated, especially the 12 of us with consistent entries, mind blowing!

Latest Posts

Back