POLL: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 02 - CLOSED (W: bmxmitch)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 28 comments

THEME: Open

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
GTPlanet-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Photo-Mode-Competition-Banner.jpg

This Week's Theme

It's time for the second week of the GTP GT Sport Photo Mode Competition!

We had tons of entries last week, and for this round, we're sticking to the same formula. It's an easy one:

"This week's theme is 'Open'. Or, more accurately, there is no theme. Snap whichever car(s) on whichever track, in whichever conditions, you want!"

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Poll Options

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32

View media item 35990Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Poll Option #36

Poll Option #37

Poll Option #38

Poll Option #39

Poll Option #40

Poll Option #41

Poll Option #42

Poll Option #43

Poll Option #44

Poll Option #45

37751528114_03198c4388_z.jpg

Poll Option #46

Poll Option #47

Poll Option #48

Poll Option #49

Poll Option #50

Poll Option #51

Poll Option #52

Poll Option #53

Poll Option #54

Poll Option #55

Poll Option #56

Poll Option #57

Poll Option #58

Poll Option #59

Deadline

November 23, 2017

A vote of mine has beeb given. And it was so hard to chose the right shot (as usual in these contests). Well done everyone, good luck in Poll. ^^

...aaaand we have our first disqualification: @samdu, for again voting for their own entry, after doing so last week too. 👎

I think some of the voting is being influenced more by the livery than the quality of the image. Not to take anything away from the top images but would a different car have the same effect.

Wait, did my photo not make it?
Nice photos but I wish mine got picked I will keep trying

Any images that fall foul of the rules in the OP (specifically, preview image size) aren't included. For what it's worth, that does mean that those images are still eligible to be entered in future comps, though (provided they fit the theme).

I think some of the voting is being influenced more by the livery than the quality of the image. Not to take anything away from the top images but would a different car have the same effect.

Maybe. Maybe not. Of course, car selection could also play a part, just like a livery. IIRC, the Lexus LFA tended to do well back in GT5 times, or the F40.

That's part of the fun of the comps, IMO: reading the community's tastes plays a part. Image style/composition is just one aspect. 👍

Maybe. Maybe not. Of course, car selection could also play a part, just like a livery. IIRC, the Lexus LFA tended to do well back in GT5 times, or the F40.

That's part of the fun of the comps, IMO: reading the community's tastes plays a part. Image style/composition is just one aspect. 👍

I'm thinking of Poll Option #04, amazing image but I didn't vote for it. I felt that with any other car the image would be sub-par. With that car and that livery its amazing. I don't think that car and livery would be as effective in lets say a galley setting. I see your point but for me the image has to stand on its own regardless of the car. The car is just style points.

I'm thinking of Poll Option #04, amazing image but I didn't vote for it. I felt that with any other car the image would be sub-par. With that car and that livery its amazing. I don't think that car and livery would be as effective in lets say a galley setting. I see your point but for me the image has to stand on its own regardless of the car. The car is just style points.

I get what you say there. But for me, choosing the right car for the right location, always plays a big roll! Every time I'll do some pictures I think what car and what color I'll use for certain track or scape. That said, I'll just leave you a "really not self promoting" link here. ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bmxmitch-photosection-18-11-17-new-liveries.366114/

...the image has to stand on its own regardless of the car.
I would actually say that color / livery is probably one of the most deliberate choices when it comes to taking these photos. See Boabdulrahman's submission for a perfect example of this. I'm only making assumptions here but I think it's safe to say he didn't select that livery by accident.

More to the point, I don't think anyone is picking that poll option just because of the livery- it's how the livery compliments the rest of the composition. While we're on the topic of personal hangups though, I'll say I don't typically consider entries that just plop a car down in a scape, snap a photo and call it a day. I think there are a lot of those that get votes simply because of how photo-realistic they look but there's often not much work put into making the composition or subject look interesting. With how ridiculously limited some of these scapes are, that's not necessarily the user's fault but it's a thing. I can't get past it.

Last edited:
I would actually say that color / livery is probably one of the most deliberate choices when it comes to taking these photos. See Boabdulrahman's submission for a perfect example of this. I'm only making assumptions here but I think it's safe to say he didn't select that livery by accident.

I Love it when somebody notices the small details in a given shot. You're absolutely correct, it's all deliberate and part of the thought process when constructing a composition. In the end, the "car" is the subject of your shot in GT's photomode. Well, at least it is most of the time. So, when you have a subject like that it's important to give it a little bit of thought while choosing the attributes of said subject (make, color, livery, performance level........etc.)

Do you want the subject to stand out or blend in? But, be careful of letting your car stand out too much and end up looking like a sore thumb. It may ruin the whole shot even if it's technically sound.

I missed voting on the first competition poll, so a late congratulations to @jBhIpS on winning it! :cheers:

With that being said, it's way too difficult to choose one single photo out of the bunch due to the sheer amount of fantastic entries. You guys rock! 👍

The entry you're tied with is (should be?) disqualified, and they got a user vote less. :)

Yep. @bmxmitch — you're the winner this week!

I'm sorry @GTDNick72's DQ wasn't caught sooner, since some of those sixteen votes could've been spread elsewhere. It's very disappointing to see people repeatedly ignoring the simple rules.

Yep. @bmxmitch — you're the winner this week!

I'm sorry @GTDNick72's DQ wasn't caught sooner, since some of those sixteen votes could've been spread elsewhere. It's very disappointing to see people repeatedly ignoring the simple rules.

Well, what a shame. GTDNick should be long enough on this forum to know the simplest of rules...

But oh well, a win is a win, right! Thank you all so much for your votes :cheers:

Oh I missed the voting stage, oops! I actually couldn't decide between all of the amazing shots anyway. :scared:

For what it's worth, I don't pick the "best" based on a livery either; it's all about the overall "wow" of the photo. I try to weigh non-scapes photos a bit more than scapes because I just like the idea that the photographer's gone to the creative effort of finding that shot, rather than just using the existing scapes of which I've seen plenty of similar (albeit great looking) variations.

Well done Mitch! Great shot as we are used to. You are seamlessly establishing your photography reputation from GT5/6 over to GTS. Keep ist going man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back