CLOSED POLL: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 07 (W: Safoo)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 22 comments

THEME: Classy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Gran-Turismo-Sport-Bugatti-Veyron-zzz-pt.jpg

GTS PMC 05 Winner: @zzz_pt - (click for full-size)

This Week's Theme
This week's theme, "Classy", comes to us care of Week 05 winner @zzz_pt:

"This week's challenge is simple. Show us the best B&W photograph you can take of your favorite road car. Black and white photography has its own limitations but when done right it can turn out epic. Have fun!"

CARS: Road cars
LIVERIES: No liveries
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: 100% black and white, no sepia/color toning. One car only. No race/VGT cars. No liveries—though simple color swaps are allowed.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Poll Options

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

24796131177_5acec24b8d_z.jpg

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

tumblr_p2m9vogOpc1qhga9ao1_500.jpg

Poll Option #21

20180115220017b-640-jpg.706709

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

gts-photocomp-07-jpg.706267

Poll Option #32

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Deadline

January 26, 2018

As usual an extremely high quality of pictures in these competions... wish it was possible to vote for multiple shots.

Ok, what happened to my final entry??

Hey @ShadowPeter,

It was pretty hard to choose only 35 entries and some had to be left out. Since I'm quite picky with composition, some of the shots where cars were extremely close to the edges were not selected. I either like to see a deliberate choice of composition where the car is "cut" than seeing the car on the edge. Another thing that I found strange was the choice of scape. This gravel or sand where the car is placed doesn't match the GT3 RS much.

I'm sure you'll do better next week! 👍

Is it maybe time to start paring down the finalists some so people don't feel like their entries are being singled out for elimination? As it stands, it doesn't feel particularly rewarding to have your entry selected but it would feel lousy to be among the few rejected.

Or would that discourage people from entering? I never participated in the photo competitions for previous entries...

Hey @ShadowPeter,

It was pretty hard to choose only 35 entries and some had to be left out. Since I'm quite picky with composition, some of the shots where cars were extremely close to the edges were not selected. I either like to see a deliberate choice of composition where the car is "cut" than seeing the car on the edge. Another thing that I found strange was the choice of scape. This gravel or sand where the car is placed doesn't match the GT3 RS much.

I'm sure you'll do better next week! 👍

The only thing i say to you is this, your judge is very strange... that's all...

The only thing i say to you is this, your judge is very strange... that's all...

I admit it's not objective, but I still gave you 2 reasons why, having only 35 spots, your entry didn't make it. You don't have to agree with my justification / opinion. :)

:cheers:

Is it maybe time to start paring down the finalists some so people don't feel like their entries are being singled out for elimination? As it stands, it doesn't feel particularly rewarding to have your entry selected but it would feel lousy to be among the few rejected.

Or would that discourage people from entering? I never participated in the photo competitions for previous entries...

I agree with this.

We used to have only 12 or 15 final entries. Not only you put more thought and effort into your shots in order to be in the poll but it also feels better when you do, even if you don't win. Right now, being in the poll and getting 0 votes can be more demotivating than not making into a smaller poll at all.

On the other hand, I understand that having larger polls allows more people to get the win (in theory) and the feeling of seeing entries rejected week after week are very slim. GTPlanet want to give the same chance to as many people as possible and that's something I can understand, even if I wouldn't mind to not make it into the final poll once in a while. :)

Last edited:
Congrats to all who made poll this week! I got a vote, I'm happy! :D

I love B&W weeks. I think people really step up their game on composition when using color is out. When you're just playing with light and dark there's still so many ways to go.

I liked it too, but my lack of a credited photography education certainly shows when seeing who is leading the pack. Too many good photos. :(

The only things I've ever learned about photography I've learned from these forums. :embarrassed: I just keep staring at snaps from @NBDESIGNZ @mazda787 @Raphaele @ShadowPeter @zzz_pt @bmxmitch and a dozen other guys that take the time to setup their galleries here and share their ideas with the rest of us mere mortals. :) I'm still no good but I've improved enough to be somewhat respectable. :lol:

The only things I've ever learned about photography I've learned from these forums. :embarrassed: I just keep staring at snaps from @NBDESIGNZ @mazda787 @Raphaele @ShadowPeter @zzz_pt @bmxmitch and a dozen other guys that take the time to setup their galleries here and share their ideas with the rest of us mere mortals. :) I'm still no good but I've improved enough to be somewhat respectable. :lol:

We all learn from each other. :) I'm sometimes amazed at what people share around here.

Now, just to leave here a few words... My top5 this week were: #1, #9, #14, #15, #20. These stand out to me either for their composition or atmosphere.

Overall it was a great week for B&W photography. :)

Congrats to everyone and to the winner!

Only fitting that Andrew wins our first B&W theme of GTS. Congrats, great shot as usual! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back