Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Imposter Alert
full

Livery and photo courtesy of @MidnightRun85

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Something's wrong this month but I can't quite say what it is. @MidnightRun85 sent in this month's theme via the suggestion form and @Gingerale didn't even blink when having the chance to choose it it seems :D Let's hear what Midnight has in storage for us:

"Like cursed liveries, imposter liveries claim to be something they're not. Unlike cursed liveries, these are loud and shouty "I'm a Lotus Elise!" liveries on blatantly NOT a Lotus Elise... I'd like to see original liveries which impersonate a factory-backed race team on a car which is clearly not from that manufacturer - the more far-fetched the better! Imagine you've been approached by a random manufacturer (preferably a brand not available in the game) for their new GT3 race car and cover that car in manufacturer logos and/or model names. Now choose a car which fits your vision and create an imposter! The less obvious a link, the better!"

CARS:
  • GR.3 Cars

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs only
  • Think along the lines of a Volvo-branded 458 Italia, or a Rimac-emblazoned GT-R
  • Preferably a title sponsor that's not in the game!

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Has to be made to race in any real life racing series (SuperGT, Super Taikyu, NLS, DTM, IGTC, IMSA, WEC,...)
  • "Wrong" Brand has to be the main sponsor → "Works Team Livery"

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • One bonus shot has to be taken from a racing scene

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on June 12th, 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Fair play to everyone for this theme, it's created an array of brilliantly imaginative designs across the board :cheers: .

I've changed my vote a couple of times now, as there are at least 5 designs that really stand out to me 😅. But I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to 3!

Last edited:
Yeah definitely some interesting entries, could have voted for a few but settled on 6, 16 and 18.

Well done everybody.
Snap! I voted the same!

I'm very impressed by the level of this round. So many clever and imaginative entries! I didn't expect to see so many of the Suzuki VGT Gr.3, but it made an impressive appearance. It was so hard to narrow down the entries to only three, but in the end I selected:

#6 - a great combination of colour, car, and sponsorship. The colour palette was an inspired choice, as I'd never have put those together! But they work well as a collective when teamed up with the manufacturer, main sponsors, and as a Super GT entry. Almost gave me VW harlequin vibes!

#16 - the second I saw this I thought: "Oh now that's clever!". A very well thought out correlation between Suzuki and Kawasaki. And a very nicely executed livery!

#18 - potentially the best maiden entry I've seen in a very long time. Perfect interpretation of the brief and impeccable attention to detail to select sponsors and keep the livery looking perfectly period correct. My pick of the bunch. Impressive first effort!

I've changed my vote three times over the last 24hours now, but I have finally narrowed it down to three, just about! But it wasn't an easy choice, kept seeing details I liked in a number of designs before I settled.

Ended up picking #12, #16 and #18. Three very cleverly executed ideas 👍

Last edited:
Glad I was able to submit and made it to the poll as my OCD got me pretty good on trying to adjust some details :D

also big thanks to Nuschel01 for extending the deadline :)

Thanks for the opportunity guys! real appreciate it!

had a hard time choosing even before the poll starts as there are so many talents here!

ended up voting for #07, #12 and #16 for their idea/concept, execution and the cohesiveness of the design!

ps. also thank you for the warm response, really makes my day :))) and looking forward to submit more entries with ya'll!

Last edited:
Thankyou guys! :) !! Much appreciated for all for the votes !!
I'm glad the theme allowed me to nerd the SAAB out :D

and congrats to all the podium winners! amazing works guys!
happy that finally I join after luring around for so long!

Thankyou!

@Raphaele Friendship city! that's an awesome fact! never knew about that before!

Whoo-hoo, my first duck! :D
... well I whooped it up good and proper for my podium in the last lec, so it feels like balancing some sort of karma or something to do so for a nil-points :)

Congrats to you guys on the podium, well deserved

Latest Posts

Back