Gradient Change

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GRADIENT CHANGE
1667265872737.png

THIS MONTH'S THEME:

Let those colours flow! Last winner @996rick chose this theme which was originally proposed by @Gingerale via the Theme Submission Form.

CARS:
  • Any

LIVERIES:
  • Original and replica designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Must change color front to back or side to side with a gradient

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • None

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on November 7th, at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07 - PS4 Pro
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10 - PS5 Raytracing
52428150989_99dcb543ea_z.jpg

52428383798_f86220acd7_z.jpg

52429493822_7862a4a704_z.jpg

52430276399_49c4fa9238_z.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12 - PS4 Standard
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27 - Playstation
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Great entries yet again and one of the harder votes to cast so far!

#3 Merc- This one grabbed me the moment it was posted. Very clever to use the gradient as a detail, with the white “base” to really make it pop. This would be a top 3 for any comp IMO.
#16 Radical- What can I say, it looks like a fish, the detail is great and it’s properly eye catching. Fun, unique livery that really works for the brand.
#24 Aston- Wow. That’s what I said out loud when I saw this design. Don’t ask me why but it is incredibly eye catching and clean. Definitely my favourite, fantastic job!

Special mentions-
#9 Silvia- An S15 NASCAR sounds silly in principle, but man does it work in practice. Great iteration of an iconic colour scheme
#14 GT- I’m genuinely sorry not to give this design a vote. Great idea and very well executed. I can’t fault it at all.
#18 BMW- What an eye catching thing this car is. Awesome colours and use of shapes.
#22 GT- Great colours, and seeing the inspiration from the gas station, awesome use of existing brand language. Cracking work.
#28 Genesis- I’m a sucker for a Supercar livery and this one definitely has the right vibe. I like the idea of using the livery for a social issue rather than a brand, and tying it to a driver with history of this is quite clever. Nice job!

#3, #7 and #18 for me.
The Merc is awesome as a whole and also caught my attention right away when entered.
The Audi, fits the gradient challenge perfectly with all those colours.
M3, 1 word: WOW

Honorary mentions:
#1, it was close between this one and the Audi

#3, #7 and #18 for me.
The Merc is awesome as a whole and also caught my attention right away when entered.
The Audi, fits the gradient challenge perfectly with all those colours.
M3, 1 word: WOW

Honorary mentions:
#1, it was close between this one and the Audi
Exactly same top 3 for me.

#3 was 100% getting a vote from the second I saw it. Such a strong combo!
#7 is a really creative way to work with gradients and I like the carefully considered block colour sections which go with the respective colour spectrums either side. Very smart.
#18 I couldn't NOT vote for this. I love the original livery and I've attempted to make a pared back version myself - it's a strong livery and it's been replicated very well here!

#17 and #20 narrowly missed out on my vote.

@Tuning_Maniac I'm gutted to miss out on your vote but those three are so much stronger anyway, so it's understandable! Thanks for the honorary mention though!

Last edited:
#28 Genesis- I’m a sucker for a Supercar livery and this one definitely has the right vibe. I like the idea of using the livery for a social issue rather than a brand, and tying it to a driver with history of this is quite clever. Nice job!
1667311478167.jpeg

:D

#13 was the only one I ended up voting for.

There were a few others I considered as well but something felt "wrong". On #18 I dig the crosses but wish they wouldn't extend to the back of the car. Like there's a clear point where they disappear and then suddenly reappear again. I really like the color scheme on #19 but on the other hand I'm not fan of it's sawteeth. #21 it was perhaps the car's design rather than the livery itself but especially on that first pic even with the subtle, pastel colors the change seems a bit dramatic. I like orange and black, they go well together but as a gradient brown decides to join. Ugh. So #26 I'm sorry, you didn't get my vote either.

Lot of people seem to like #3 but it seems to busy for me. I like the gradient itself though.

Edit: I just realised #13 did basically the same thing as #18. The pattern reappears at the back which I'm not a fan. Well i already voted and it's still my favorite so congrats I guess.

Last edited:

There were a few others I considered as well but something felt "wrong". On #18 I dig the crosses but wish they wouldn't extend to the back of the car. Like there's a clear point where they disappear and then suddenly reappear again. I really like the color scheme on #19 but on the other hand I'm not fan of it's sawteeth. #21 it was perhaps the car's design rather than the livery itself but especially on that first pic even with the subtle, pastel colors the change seems a bit dramatic. I like orange and black, they go well together but as a gradient brown decides to join. Ugh. So #26 I'm sorry, you didn't get my vote either.

Lot of people seem to like #3 but it seems to busy for me. I like the gradient itself though.

Edit: I just realised #13 did basically the same thing as #18. The pattern reappears at the back which I'm not a fan. Well i already voted and it's still my favorite so congrats I guess.
So, just to clarify, you're saying that none of the entries were good?
Thanks. I'm sure everyone appreciates that contribution. :rolleyes:

So, just to clarify, you're saying that none of the entries were good?
Thanks. I'm sure everyone appreciates that contribution. :rolleyes:
No. I vote for ones I'd actually use myself. All of these are technically well made and probably took a long time to make. i couldn't make anything close to resembling one of those. However most aren't my style and even those that are have elements I dislike. Like that BMW, I would 100 % use it if ithe cross pattern didn't extend to the back. Put it this way; I'm sure let's say Elden Ring is a great game, just not something I would play. Perhaps I should have been clearer in my message.

Last edited:
No. I vote for ones I'd actually use myself. All of these are technically well made and probably took a long time to make. i couldn't make anything close to resembling one of those. However most aren't my style and even those that are have elements I dislike. Like that BMW, I would 100 % use it if ithe cross pattern didn't extend to the back. Put it this way; I'm sure let's say Elden Ring is a great game, just not something I would play. Perhaps I should have been clearer in my message.
Okay. No problem.
I just wouldn't want for people to feel discouraged after putting in a lot of effort.

I just wouldn't want for people to feel discouraged after putting in a lot of effort.

For the record, I didn't put in a lot of effort, so my score's about right :lol:

Because everyone gets 3 votes, and each vote has the same value, what the poll actually represents is a chart of which liveries are in most peoples top 3. Fair enough, if you think one is the clear winner then you don't have to vote for 3 of them, but if everyone does that, we end up with 20-odd entries, and only a couple of them get any votes - currently there's only 53 voters so far, and the top 4 liveries account for about that many votes, so the chances are we'd have 24 livery creators on zero points... which is really **** for most people involved, that's why we encourage people to use all those votes.

In practice the poll winner is the person with the livery which made the most peoples top 3 - the more voters we get, and the more votes cast, the higher the probability is that the winning livery is the one that was overall most favoured by the community as a whole, and most of the entrants get some kind feedback via the votes.

Last edited:
So I guess the voting quietly ended?? (or am I incorrect with the time difference? I'm on CET)

Man it has become really silent, nearly dead over here in the livery threads :confused:

Anyway, congrats to #3, #18 and #16/ #24 who finished with the same amount of votes (for now?).

Last edited:
So I guess the voting quietly ended?? (or am I incorrect with the time difference? I'm on CET)

Man it has become really silent, nearly dead over here in the livery threads :confused:

Anyway, congrats to #3, #18 and #16/ #24 who finished with the same amount of votes (for now?).
I think there was still a decent amount of interaction with the thread even though it was a bit quiet.

I've been trying to actually catch up with making liveries recently, too many liveries on the to-do list, and not enough (head space)!

Anyhow, congrats to the top 3 (4)!

I think there was still a decent amount of interaction with the thread even though it was a bit quiet.

I've been trying to actually catch up with making liveries recently, too many liveries on the to-do list, and not enough (head space)!

Anyhow, congrats to the top 3 (4)!
couple LEC's ago there were much more people explaining who they voted for and why. It's not necessary but always fun to read and I've even learned quite a lot from reading the comments. Just a shame that since 2-3 LEC's the interaction has gone down. still a good amount of voters though.

And same for me, never have I ever created so much liveries since the past few weeks but hardly any reactions.
Could also be that everybody thinks they're crap off course :lol:

#24 Aston- Wow. That’s what I said out loud when I saw this design. Don’t ask me why but it is incredibly eye catching and clean. Definitely my favourite, fantastic job!
I appreciate the kind words Hayden!

@ZombieLiquid - What an amazing battle for third we had! That was thrill and fun.
Thanks to the ones who voted for my fishy livery. I'm glad you liked the idea.
It was a close one! It is my first podium and shared with a very worthy opponent. There was a lot of great designs and a tough choice for me. I really appreciate the votes everyone. Congrats to the winners!

(...)

That's a surprising way to learn you liked my livery! :D

Thanks for that, I appreciate and I'm sorry it's finally not as good as you thought at first sight. ^^

I'm sorry too I didn't came to vote, I kept the "next" LEC dead line in mind but totally forgot the poll! 😑

Congrats @krisduv on your win, and happy to see @NBDESIGNZ back in the game, it's been a while it seems.

That's a surprising way to learn you liked my livery! :D

Thanks for that, I appreciate and I'm sorry it's finally not as good as you thought at first sight. ^^
Yeah, I really liked the idea of pixelated gradient, the signature and the fact that it's promoting Shelby, one of my favorites. Now that you're here would it be too much to ask for a version without the small gradient spot at the back :D It's fine if you don't have the time or desire, I'll understand.

Also congrats to the top 3!

Last edited:
Back