Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
SO WRONG, IT'S RIGHT!
full

Image courtesy of L-wangiang

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Winner of LEC 12, @MatskiMonk, selected this month’s theme from the random draw suggested by @MidnightRun85 and @Hayden via the Suggestion Form. Let's see what they want you to do:

Sometimes it's the most crazy combinations which get the most profound results! I want to see some controversial creativity and encourage humour and fun. - MidnightRun85

Some things just make sense. A red Ferrari F1 car is a perfect example. It's just right.
Other things don't make sense, like a blue Mitsubishi Evo in a full Subaru WRC livery.
Your challenge this week is to cheese off the die-hard enthusiasts and create a livery that simply does not make sense on the car it's on. That could be a manufacturer swap, a modern design on an old car, a Super GT inspired design on an all American sports car, or anything else you can dream up. This one should be fun.
- Hayden

CARS:
  • Any

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs or replicas

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Original liveries which make you think "That's so wrong, in so many ways, but somehow it works so well!" Think of mad combinations like a hot rod sponsored by a clean energy start-up, a gold and glitzy Prada-sponsored kart, or a manufacturer cross-reference that steals from a competitor but works better than the original.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • Try to make bonus pictures relate to the livery theme.

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on January 7th, 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21
full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Am I picking the one I hate the most, the one I like the most or the least offensive one?

Last edited:
This was tough as most of the entries are too believable. Since GT Sport we've seen so many mixed up car/livery combos that most of these don't shock me.

So my choices are based on the cars that actually provoked a response:

#09 - Corviper/Vipette - Something so wrong but so right (more so because the "correct" car is in the game so it makes no sense to put this livery on this car).

#17 - Spoon Corvette - Not necessarily the best livery here, but it fits the brief brilliantly, it just doesn't make sense at all and that's why I like it.

#19 - "WTF that's just a Sauber C...wait what?!" - Took me way longer than it should have to work out what was going on, well played sir!

Last edited:
#9, #12, and #19 for me

#12 - I do not even know that livery (and did not read the submission thread) but I like the livery itself

#9 - It took a second for me to realize it was a Viper...made me think a little

#19 - First thought was "I thought this is supposed to be so wrong, it's right! How did they let a C9 get through with its regular livery.....OH S&%$! IT'S NOT A C9!!!!". Really took a minute. Well done!

#9, #12, and #19 for me

#12 - I do not even know that livery (and did not read the submission thread) but I like the livery itself

#19 - First thought was "I thought this is supposed to be so wrong, it's right! How did they let a C9 get through with its regular livery.....OH S&%$! IT'S NOT A C9!!!!". Really took a minute. Well done!
Thank you for the vote. The original livery:

A lot of great entries.

#11 It seems like such low hanging fruit but it just works so well, how could I not?

#17 I think this is gonna go underappreciated, but this is the best "wrong is right" livery here imo. The fact that that yellow is off, but the design is well executed and works well on the car, and the combine it with not being a one for one copy-paste in terms of details just makes it work so well for me.

#19 Because I stared at it so long thinking "I know this isnt the C9, but damnit Im still here trying to figure it out". It was so novel that it got past my personal "Don't vote for race cars with street wheels" personal rule (that vetoed several otherwise excellent entries).

#9, #12, and #19 for me

same here...did't know the original livery for nr 12 as well, but I liked it so much, that I voted for it...

A lot of these don't seem to be "wrong" at all, they're just really good liveries. I'm constantly impressed with the level of professional-ness of so many liveries a lot of you all produce.
Frankly mal-placed NASCAR liveries should be its own category. It's THAT wrong.
I want to add 20 & 18 to my collection.

#17 - Spoon Corvette - Not necessarily the best livery here, but it fits the brief brilliantly, it just doesn't make sense at all and that's why I like it.

#17 I think this is gonna go underappreciated, but this is the best "wrong is right" livery here imo. The fact that that yellow is off, but the design is well executed and works well on the car, and the combine it with not being a one for one copy-paste in terms of details just makes it work so well for me.

Appreciate the compliments guys! @Snaeper with the good eyes, lol.

Last edited:
Having seen the complexity of the other liveries in the competition (and just how damn good they look), I didn't expect to be in the top 10, let alone win, especially when my livery basically just amounted to painting a car red and plastering some stripes and sponsors on it! I thought the Takata McLaren would take the cake! Thanks for all the votes everyone!

Well done everyone!

Honestly I'm stunned I got a vote, nevermind not being last!
Got one of my votes, love to see the livery up close (hint hint), maybe without the theme sponsors tho :). The topicality (the eco protest) and the sly humour of the response (ok, then sponsor a race car lol) are great, but it's the detail of the hand painting that wows me on your livery. Warhol is one of my faves but his art car seems... deliberately contrary? It doesn't look Warholian, dare I say doesn't look good, so you can blame Andy for your vote count :)

@AJGarbutt88 your Dakar rally Maserati hit the brief in an inventive way, imho the only thing you needed to do was bring out the Dakar-ness a bit more; I get why you partially obscured the red bull and dakar decals (after all it's camo, right?) but if they were just a bit clearer it would have bean.. clearer :)

my other 2 votes went to the Ferrari-hated Nyan cat livery, again inventive approach to the theme and just really cool, and the HCC ferrari because I love the original, it's not easy and it's brilliantly adapted.

This again was a difficult round to vote on, feels like a very 'personal choice' type round, certainly there were liveries I'm just not as familiar with that are beautiful high quality works, and others I'm just too familiar with :). It's great to see a debutant podium, congratulations guys, well deserved wins, let's keep seeing new blood in the LECs, everyone welcome (just follow the detailed instructions :))

Got one of my votes, love to see the livery up close (hint hint), maybe without the theme sponsors tho :). The topicality (the eco protest) and the sly humour of the response (ok, then sponsor a race car lol) are great, but it's the detail of the hand painting that wows me on your livery. Warhol is one of my faves but his art car seems... deliberately contrary? It doesn't look Warholian, dare I say doesn't look good, so you can blame Andy for your vote count

Thanks, I've not got around to posting the Warhol livery yet, couple of bits on it I want to 'finesse' a bit more... didn't enjoy making it too much, and it's not one of my favourites from the series. His rationale behind the design seemed a bit thin to me... but that's just me.

The unblemished livery...

Fje--g6WIAAuE1z

Fje--xSXkAAefLm

Also...

David Hockney 850i work in progress...

FlgDLBLXwAIh7p0

and Ernst Fuchs E24 work in progress...

FlgDLUKXwAULlEw

That baby Viper is adorable 😍
It is prefect! 😍

You instantly see the Viper! It's not, but it is! :D

Don't know who did it, sorry I missed this LEC and this poll too :( but I LOVE the idea, prefect choice of car and livery together! Congrats!

And to all of you guys because there's once again some serious stuff!! 😳 😍

Back