Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Your Heroes
full

Image courtesy of Knapyboy

THIS MONTH'S THEME

So many drivers across the globe have acquired their own fanbase and no matter what or where they drive these fans support them. My task for you guys and girls is to take a livery that was driven by one of your personal racing heroes or imagine one that he could have driven based on personal sponsors or whatever else comes to your mind when you think of your favourite racer.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Livery must have some sort of relationship with a specific racing driver. Adapted liveries from non-car-racing are perfectly fine.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • A picture with the driver in his suit and with his helmet would be nice to see

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on February 7th, 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16
full

full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

Well, I went 2, 6 & 14.

2 - Is very eye-catching, it's relevant to the driver - and says something positive about them, and it's not a straight replica.
6 - It's just original and very eye-catching, it's nice to get something a bit different with the livery, and the car choice too.
14 - Again, eye-catching, seems to work and is a fitting tribute.

I like the idea of the Stück Porsche, and the Mini, but as liveries I don't think they stood out enough.

Well, I went 2, 6 & 14.

2 - Is very eye-catching, it's relevant to the driver - and says something positive about them, and it's not a straight replica.
6 - It's just original and very eye-catching, it's nice to get something a bit different with the livery, and the car choice too.
14 - Again, eye-catching, seems to work and is a fitting tribute.

I like the idea of the Stück Porsche, and the Mini, but as liveries I don't think they stood out enough.
I voted the same.
2 for me was just a lot of fun for a livery that is straight away identifiable.
6 was something refreshingly different and 14 was out there.

Thanks for the kind words @MatskiMonk & @Racerx_34 . I had a lot of fun designing ti.

I had to go...
#2 - Love the boldness of this one. Interesting to see the vertical pattern (bee stripes) on a race car. We are so used to seeing horizontal.
#6 - Wow, the nostalgia lol love it.
#15 - I had to go with me fellow Hooner here. Easy to miss the stripe pattern if you don't look close.

A great bunch of entries here, and I ended up going for #13, #14, and #15 (I think the first time I've ever voted for three consecutive entries, btw).

#13 - Love the concept and the execution. Works so well and the custom-made graphics are spot on!
#14 - My favourite of the bunch. Wild, bold, and a fitting tribute to a legend!
#15 - Simply HAD to vote for this one as it's pretty much what I was going to enter, only I had done the launch version of Hoonicorn V3 on the Gr.3 Road Car. Another fitting tribute to a legend!

Loads of really good work here, which shows as there's not a single entry without a vote for a change.

I voted for:

#09: I really like the smoothness of 3 liveries combined into 1. It's a great original way to follow the theme, which is a huge factor for me, but also really works well. Nice job.
#13: Easy winner for me. Sometimes you see a livery and you immediately know this has to be created by a certain user because 99% of us mortals aren't able to do such thing. This livery breathes Matski, and that is a huge compliment
#16: I kinda like the colors and gradients.

Voted for #2, #6 and #14, looking at the voting now they are a direct competitor this time for me, maybe I should change my vote... 🤭

No, #2 is an awesome tribute to Vettel.
#6 so different, but taking me back to my childhood. Love it
#14 looks so good, hell it's something KB might have come up with himself, Gymkhana with an F40

#13: Easy winner for me. Sometimes you see a livery and you immediately know this has to be created by a certain user because 99% of us mortals aren't able to do such thing. This livery breathes Matski, and that is a huge compliment
Thanks. Honestly, doing something like this is more about patience. Took me the better part of January to draw the illustrations (and they do recycle some elements from the Vaillant Z4), about 5 hours to slice them up and optimise them under 15kb, and about 2 hours to get them pieced together on the car. The rest of the livery took about an hour. Since I had run out of time to get it submitted I had to cut a few corners, so I'll probably make a few tweaks before I share it.

First time I've reviewed a poll and changed my vote.
Don't know how I didn't pick up on the Zanardi livery first time around but it deserves all the votes.

Wow, so close.
Finally a top 3 spot, the amount of likes in the entry thread already indicated that I did something good this time.

congrats to all other entrants because this was indeed a very strong entry field.

Thanks for the kind words @MatskiMonk & @Racerx_34 . I had a lot of fun designing ti.

I had to go...
#2 - Love the boldness of this one. Interesting to see the vertical pattern (bee stripes) on a race car. We are so used to seeing horizontal.
#6 - Wow, the nostalgia lol love it.
#15 - I had to go with me fellow Hooner here. Easy to miss the stripe pattern if you don't look close.

A great bunch of entries here, and I ended up going for #13, #14, and #15 (I think the first time I've ever voted for three consecutive entries, btw).

#13 - Love the concept and the execution. Works so well and the custom-made graphics are spot on!
#14 - My favourite of the bunch. Wild, bold, and a fitting tribute to a legend!
#15 - Simply HAD to vote for this one as it's pretty much what I was going to enter, only I had done the launch version of Hoonicorn V3 on the Gr.3 Road Car. Another fitting tribute to a legend!

Loads of really good work here, which shows as there's not a single entry without a vote for a change.
Thanks guys.
In hindsight I should have entered the Carbon or Fade version. (Would have if I had more time)
When using the LEC scapes a lot of the detail isn't visible and Carbon or Fade would have made that detail stand out.
A lesson for future entries I suppose.

Last edited:
Congratulations to our magnificent podium!
Let’s celebrate our creative designers and their respective heroes:

Winner: BMW Z4NARDI GT3 by MatskiMonk
Second (tied):
“Wacky Races/Penelope Pitstop” Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone by ziggedzag and “Colin McRae” Subaru by Tuning_Maniac
Third:
“Sebastian Vettel - Save The Bees” Formula Monoposto by
lauriebeamont

Well done guys! Find yourselves honored at our LEC Hall of Fame.

Big thanks to all of you who slid some votes my way, I'm very grateful for this and chuffed to of made the podium! To the next one! :cheers:

Big congrats to everyone who entered, and the winners, there were some terrific entries in the round!

Back