• Poll closed .
United Kingdom
London/Malaysia
Waizon/ v8stage1
If you had to choose between:

1. Season 22 of Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond and May
2. Season 23 of Top Gear with Chris Evans, Matt, Harris and co
3. The Grand Tour with Clarkson, Hammond and May

Which is the best season of motoring entertainment tomfoolery?

I did not hate Season 23 as much as many. However, I have not wanted to watch any episodes again. Some aspects of the grand Tour have been great, but too much has been simply underwhelming. Clarkson, Hammond and May work best when unscripted, or at least when it comes across as unscripted. They are genuinely funny guys but pretty rubbish actors.

Much of Season 22 was as mixed as always, but overall, probably more entertaining than what as since followed.

Last edited:
...I haven't yet seen the season 22 of TG, as the local TV stations haven't yet aired them. Don't think they will, ever. As for the DVD box set, I haven't seen one either, so I can't make a decision in this regard at all.

But, bizarrely, season 23 has been aired, and I can say for sure, eww. There were bright sparks but most of the overriding memories of that season were about how annoying Evans was and that there were too many cooks in the kitchen, not all of them doing anything particularly important.

As for TGT, the ratio of not enjoying/loving it leans quite far towards the latter, so yeah, TGT all the way.

You know there are three more episodes of The Grand Tour, right?
Yes. The poll continues until beyond the last episode is due to be shown. However, it seems as though the Grand Tour has settled down into a bit of a routine ...

I predict that the remaining episodes will feature celebrity deaths, conversation street, some introductory funny comments to do with the location, a film featuring a fast car followed by the American, and a film showing 2 or 3 guys failing to meet some challenge and being silly.

Thought it would be interesting to hear opinions comparing what we've seen.

Fair point and yes, I honestly think I enjoyed new TG more than TGT so far. TGT had a few highlights, but far too many lows.

Fair point and yes, I honestly think I enjoyed new TG more than TGT so far. TGT had a few highlights, but far too many lows.
To be fair though, TG had more to go by TGT needs to start afresh with new content so even if it started significantly better your judging 1 season vs the mass of what they have already done, but I will say it's more or less the same sort of overscripted stuff we saw in the later seasons of TG with the 3, with the annoying celebrity driving stuff replaced with annoying celebrity brain crash(luckily it doesn't take up 30% of the episode though).

The last season of Top Gear with the three wasn't very good. The last season of Top Gear definitely wasn't very good. TGT has already had lower lows than either, but the highs actually existed.

Season 22 for me. Despite all the problems and weak ending, it's still the original after all. The ambulance challenge is one of the most hilarious things I have ever watched.

I've watched the first 2 episodes of Grand Tour and I'm struggling to fathom how people prefer this not just to old Top Gear but to Evans and co, I was close to switching off during the Edge of Tomorrow section in episode 2.

EDIT: Watched a few more episodes and I'm starting to enjoy it a bit more now.

Last edited:
Grand tour would be better without that horrid time wasting "celebrity brain crash" segment. Episode 2 was a disaster and I almost gave up halfway through the season but I think it finished up fairly strong in the last half of the season. I haven't seen season 23 of Top Gear yet...might try to binge watch it later today.

Latest Posts

Back