POLL: Tyre Model, Physics Model, & FFB Options...

  • Thread starter Thread starter VBR
  • 16 comments
  • 1,703 views

Would you like the option of being able to switch to GT6's tyre, physics, & FFB in GT Sport?


  • Total voters
    45

VBR

Tatakae!
Premium
Messages
7,949
England
London
I don't know if it's technically possible for PD to implement, & even if it is I don't know whether it would involve trivial or non-trivial work for them, but; if you had the option to freely switch between GT Sports & GT6's tyre, physics, & FFB in GT Sport, would you want that?


:)
 
VBR
I don't know if it's technically possible for PD to implement, & even if it is I don't know whether it would involve trivial or non-trivial work for them

I'm no coding expert, but I feel like this would be a massive undertaking for them.
 
FFB of GT6,... Mmm, yes please!

Physics of GT6... Mmm no much difference between then and now... They should improve,that's sure

Tyre model of GT6?... Mmmmm still basic model,but less broken than the actual GTS Tyre model...

So my vote on the poll goes to a "maybe"

What would be a "yes" for sure is lobbies setting options and voice chat from GT6 to GTS..
In GT6 there where quite more configs, settings, and options available to set a lobby and the voice chat was practic as you could talk to 16 players . Now in GTS you have to open a party chat and it's only up to 8 players.
 
I would like to have an option to switch to tyre, physics and FFB of the next GT.:D
More seriously, I do not think that this is possible.
 
Very surprised with the poll results so far; even with the flaws in the tyre model, most people still wouldn't want the option to switch back & forth between GT6's physics model & GT Sports...
 
Theres pros and cons.. Especially in ffb. Some wheels work better with gt6 due to gts thrustmaster and T-GT optimization. As a happy user of T-GT now after g29 i vote no.

I also have a strong feeling many people are mixing physics model and ffb.. My experience is, that GTS "physics" feel a lot different with different wheels. FFB has such a big impact in i.e. Intuitive counter steering.

And i know "maybe" will tell me why not have the option, but fact is it would be a major resource eater from other development.
 
Last edited:
While we're talking about things we can never have, I'd like the option to switch to Assetto Corsa's physics model. I feel AC's steering feel, clutch and brake simulation are superior to GTS. It's not that GTS physics and FFB are terrible...it just feels like driving with a condom on compared to AC. If you've played both with a wheel, I think you'd know what I mean. And if Ferrari and Porsche employ Kunos Simulazioni (AC's developer) to develop their in-house simulators, they must be doing something right.

For me, the perfect game would be GTS visuals and Sport Mode + AC physics and FFB.
 
While we're talking about things we can never have, I'd like the option to switch to Assetto Corsa's physics model. I feel AC's steering feel, clutch and brake simulation are superior to GTS. It's not that GTS physics and FFB are terrible...it just feels like driving with a condom on compared to AC. If you've played both with a wheel, I think you'd know what I mean. And if Ferrari and Porsche employ Kunos Simulazioni (AC's developer) to develop their in-house simulators, they must be doing something right.

For me, the perfect game would be GTS visuals and Sport Mode + AC physics and FFB.

My only con for AC and partly Pcars is that they require quite a lot setup and tweaking both ffb and cars to feel good. Not as accessible for fast fun as GTS. But when you find the setups they are very good.
 
My only con for AC and partly Pcars is that they require quite a lot setup and tweaking both ffb and cars to feel good. Not as accessible for fast fun as GTS. But when you find the setups they are very good.

I kinda agree with you there. Therein lies the problem of Accessibility VS Customisation. The endless options in Pcars1 was ironically, what turned me off. It was so tough finding good settings. But I don't remember having to tweak AC settings much, it felt pretty good out of the box.

AC just feels far more "crisp", if that makes sense. I felt I could feel more of what the tires were doing, how the brakes interact with the tires (you could even make out some of the ABS sensations through the rim of the wheel). And rolling off the brakes to get more grip while turning (traction circle) actually made a difference (not so much in GTS for me).
 
I liked GT5 physics more then GT6', so a big no for me! I like how GTS feels, though is not optimal.
 
I'm staggered that most people wouldn't want the option, that's right guys it would be optionable, as in not forced on anyone. You could switch it on or off at will.

I seriously hope that PD don't see this thread & think; "Well, most of them seem to be satisfied with the tyre model, so no need to improve it now."

DOH!
 
VBR
I'm staggered that most people wouldn't want the option, that's right guys it would be optionable, as in not forced on anyone. You could switch it on or off at will.

I seriously hope that PD don't see this thread & think; "Well, most of them seem to be satisfied with the tyre model, so no need to improve it now."

DOH!
Change the poll to "Are you satisfied with GTS' current tire model" then I'll change my vote.
 
A big No for me, it does not make any sense to do this.
 
Last edited:
...it does not make any sense to do this.


Seeing as the FFB is as dull as dishwater for most wheel users, & that the tyre model has many flaws which ruin the experience for some, it actually makes perfect sense.
 
Last edited:
VBR
I'm staggered that most people wouldn't want the option, that's right guys it would be optionable, as in not forced on anyone. You could switch it on or off at will.

I seriously hope that PD don't see this thread & think; "Well, most of them seem to be satisfied with the tyre model, so no need to improve it now."

DOH!
Are you really staggered. Saying yes or maybe would be an admission that maybe something isn’t quite right with GTS. And for many people that is a big no, no.
 
There shouldn't be an option for a different physics implementation: there should be just 1 proper implemention. Also, reverting to the model of GT6 ist technically not feasible.

That said, I do want better physics models and better FFB in this game.
 
...there should be just 1 proper implemention...

Of course there should be, but there isn't, & that's why I thought up this work around.


...reverting to the model of GT6 ist technically not feasible.

Do you have proof of this, or is it just an assumption?
 
Last edited:
Back