[POLL] Un-Edited Competition - Week 100 - CLOSED

• Thread starter SVX
  • 19 comments

Who will win on this legendary week?

• [URL="http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii334/thc118/IMG0011.jpg"][IMG]http://i548.photobucket.com/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL=http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6910/zondaclose.jpg][IMG]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVX

The White Comet
Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
fuecbanner2mb2acfc2pl0.png

Week 98

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 100 winner Lucas

"Lightning Quick"

Cars: Any road cars with over 350HP.

Track: Any.

Photo Travel: No.

Poll Size: --

Explanation: In the words of week 98 winner, Lucas:
"There's no denying driving a car fast is one of the greatest thrills in this world. I want you to replicate this thrill with a nice picture showing a lot of speed."

fuecpollbannm3874ed3gy5.png

• Have confidence in your own entry, don't vote for yourself;
  • Don't sway the poll.

You might see a few people that haven't got road cars. I've allowed these people in the poll because it's Week 100 and I wanted everyone to be included. I didn't allow another entry because it was obviously edited.​

Last edited:
Wow, this is a really tricky one to decide. :confused:
While I understand the concept of of blurriness implying speed, the subject, i.e. (in my own subjective view though maybe not everyone else's) "the car" should be the object of the photographer's attention, and by missing it, or capturing a shaky, blurry image of the subject itself doesn't lend itself well to a "great photo" in my mind, more an inexperienced or ill-timed photographer.
I don't mean to sound critical, but I wasted rolls of film (yeah I predate digital photography!) as a youngster trying to capture race cars at Oulton Park with a point & shoot 35mm camera with no zoom, and many of these shots remind me of my early efforts! Sorry! :guilty:
That said I'm down to 3 final candidates out of a great week's entries, and I can't decide between them. It's going to be one of those "Ford Prefect trying to spot an SEP field" moments (for those of you that understand Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy humour) in popping in here at random throughout the week and trying to catch the winner unawares so that it jumps out at me and smacks me between the eyes!
Failing that I'll have to flip a coin. A 3-sided one. Oh, 🤬 the only one I can think of is the Triganic Pu, and since that's a triangular rubber coin measuring 6800 miles along each side, I can't flip that by myself. Bugger.

I see where you're coming from with the blur. This week was very hard to make a choice.

Thanks Fabmaru, and AndersonG22 for the votes! :cheers:

Last edited:
When does the poll normally close?

When does the poll normally close?

When it says at the top of the Poll! Feb 4th.
Ultimately I was torn between thc118, Naveek Darkroom & korza493's entries, as they best seem to represent a sense of speed without being overly reliant on excessive shakiness and blur.
A tough decision, but in the end I had to hand it to korza493 as the 3 cars in that photo, in take-off, mid-air & just landed seemed to best show the speed in action.
I liked thc118's implication of speed from a road car alongside the racecar, and Naveek Darkroom's primary focus on the spinning wheel for motion blur, both great touches!

:cheers: to thc118 & Crooooooow for the votes too. 👍

When it says at the top of the Poll! Feb 4th.
Ultimately I was torn between thc118, Naveek Darkroom & korza493's entries, as they best seem to represent a sense of speed without being overly reliant on excessive shakiness and blur.
A tough decision, but in the end I had to hand it to korza493 as the 3 cars in that photo, in take-off, mid-air & just landed seemed to best show the speed in action.
I liked thc118's implication of speed from a road car alongside the racecar, and Naveek Darkroom's primary focus on the spinning wheel for motion blur, both great touches!

Thanks Smallhorses! :cheers: 👍

Thanks Korza for the vote. :cheers:

No problem, I really like your picture 'cause it has a Nardo and it looks fast! :D 👍

Thanks Smallhorses! :cheers: 👍

No problem, I really like your picture 'cause it has a Nardo and it looks fast! :D 👍

Well that Nardo is a quick car so it needed to be used. I've hit 407.00 KM/H without too much tuning. :sly: If that was the option my 1032 horsepower Viper would have done the trick (450 KM/H +).

I liked how the repeating Gulf logo set the Jag into motion within the still; kinda like it was a page in a flip-book, reworking the background to produce relative motion. A nice subtle way to imply speed. 👍

I think it's quite evident now that Jus1029 is probably going to take this one. Even if to be honest his blur isn't exactly nice, which is why I went for a simple shot with not many details to be blurred, just the mains. Though Smallhorses and me. We are only two votes behind as we sit on 3 votes. Though with 29 hours to go... It could be anyone's victory, even if your shot sits at 0 votes.

I don't want to brag, but...

MY FIRST PHOTOMODE COMPETITION WIN! :dopey::dopey::dopey:

congratulations-008.gif
jus1029! 👍

I guess my artsy black & white Jaaaag just pipped Skython's Nardo for 2nd place! That's cool! :cool:
Definitely the slowest of the cars that were pictured this week, but I just happened to be driving it for shotamagee's Weekly Arcade Time Trial Challenge that week, and I was inspired to grab this shot while watching my hotlap replay.
smiley-photographer.gif

Off to find a good Group B shot for next week! 👍

Last edited:
Congratulations to jus1029!

Thank you for the vote tvr speed12!

This Grinds my Gears, in the last stages I lose second equal. :mad: DAMN YOU WERTY! :P

Congrats, Justin!

And congrats Smallhorses on STEALING!!!! The equal result... :P Though I'm not very happy about it. :P

Maybe I'm just too good for this. :sly: :P I'll move on to the GT5 comps... Oh right, I don't even make the polls there half of the time.

I'm going to go with natural race driver instinct, and say... It was windy when I took the shot, and it blew the camera, I missed the shot I wanted you see. There was a... An albatross flying past and I had the timer on but just as it hit 1 second till capture the wind blew the camera off the helicopter... Then... Then it got that shot. But the camera was broken but we somehow got the image that is there out of it. So it's not my fault. :P

Thanks guys! :cheers: I'v already sent the upcoming theme to SVX.

Back