Wellington
fuecbanner2mb2acfc2pl0.png

Week 81

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 79 winner SVX

"Hard"

Cars: Any car or cars.

Track: Any.

Photo Travel: No. You can't race while standing still.

Poll Size: --

Explanation: In SVX's words: "For this competition, I want you to capture a picture of a car looking for options to pass a car in front or a car that is going as fast as possible to beat is last time."​

fuecpollbannm3874ed3gy5.png

• Have confidence in your own entry, don't vote for yourself;
  • Don't sway the poll.

I think GT4 photo comps are dying, we only have 2 entries

PS: Who sets the theme for next round, is it the winner of the previous round or what???

Hope people at least vote for something

Not sure if there should even be a next round, as 2 entries doesn't make for much of a competition. But the reason for only 2 could be the higher degree of difficulty of this round, but overall there has been little response in these comps for months.

Almost not worth the effort to do an entry, or for the host to run the competition.

Regardless I want to point out the good quality of both photos as they didn't capitalize on the aging graphics but the content. Congrats to both, it was a tough decision. You should carry out the next round, count me in.

Not sure if there should even be a next round, as 2 entries doesn't make for much of a competition. But the reason for only 2 could be the higher degree of difficulty of this round, but overall there has been little response in these comps for months.

Almost not worth the effort to do an entry, or for the host to run the competition.
Yeah, the comps have been getting very low responses.
I think GT4 photo comps are dying, we only have 2 entries

PS: Who sets the theme for next round, is it the winner of the previous round or what???

Hope people at least vote for something

I won last week.

Less than a couple hours left, come on people get those last minute votes in!

@SVX
Does my vote still get thrown out since Skython11, didn't vote and it's a 2 entry poll?
That's what I hate about 2 entry polls, and I make a point to vote in every PM Competition I see, specially the ones I enter.

@Skython11, I like your shot, I just wish you supplied a full/larger size shot, do you still have the full size on your computer? If so, I would love to see it.

@SVX
Does my vote still get thrown out since Skython11, didn't vote and it's a 2 entry poll?
That's what I hate about 2 entry polls, and I make a point to vote in every PM Competition I see, specially the ones I enter.

Not quite, my vote gets thrown out, as I'm the host.

Also, since the absence of entries, shall we make it that the theme chooser can enter? If they win twice in a row, we could just make it that the 2nd place chooses, or make it that he can't enter that week.

Thanks GrumpEone, I do still have the full shot, it's quite low quality (this was before I knew you could up the quality changing to USB, here it is

And SVX, I think it would be better if the theme chooser can enter, lets do it

Yay, someone voted, not on me, but still, they voted, now there will be a winner

Last edited:
/\ /\ /\
Nice, the quality is not all that bad, just a bit blurry in the extreme foreground. I didn't notice the car behind the viper in the small scale shot. Good job!

Dammit, in an attempt to stop it being neck and neck, it goes neck and neck again, this is SOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE :scared:

Untied the score! :cheers:

Also, I should start participating in these again. They were so much fun.

WOW this is a good poll!

Yeah, these are so much fun.

Last edited:
SVX
Not quite, my vote gets thrown out, as I'm the host.

Also, since the absence of entries, shall we make it that the theme chooser can enter? If they win twice in a row, we could just make it that the 2nd place chooses, or make it that he can't enter that week.

Why would your vote as the host be thrown out?

YES! The theme chooser should be able to enter anyway, just because he chooses the theme doesn't mean he can still come up with the best shot.

IMO- In the event that the theme chooser wins his own week, the runner-up should have the option to choose the next theme, or allow the winner to choose again.

Untied the score! :cheers:

Yes, you should start participating again, these are more fun with more entries.

SVX
Best. Poll. Ever.
Yeah, these are so much fun.

Well, best in recent memory (the last year or so).

Congrats Skython11, a well deserved win.

Congratulations Skython!

Why would your vote as the host be thrown out?

I don't actually know. In the early days of me hosting this comp, a tie break was in order, but after that the tie break had a tie! I asked Nicknamealegume what to do, and he said that the theme chooser or the host takes their vote out.

Thank you GrumpEone for one hell of a competition :cheers:, a good close finish, and thanks to everyone who voted

Back