[POLL] What if GT Sport had been released today?

• Thread starter Lukanyon
  • 12 comments

Would you be happy if GT Sport had been released today with the amount of content it has?

• Yes

Votes: 58 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brazil
São Paulo
Corredor_Y
This is a one-month poll to see what people think about this subject. GT Sport is reaching its first anniversary this month. Considering the time PD took to launch the game and the content added after, and also considering the lots of complaints about the lack of content compared to previous games and the competition, would it have been a smart move from PD to put off the game for another year?

Last edited:
would it be a smart move from PD to put off the game for another year?

you mean
...would it have been ... :)

I think there are sooo many criterias by releasing a game, like a big bunch of contracts to fulfill, financial aspects, ps4- alife aspect and so on and on, that we can't really answer such a question.

But if you're aiming to know if in its current state it would have been a much better sucsess, I say definately yes.

To be honest I was happy when I bought it back in February. I was already aware that GTS had less content than the previous games, and that it was more focused on online racing and e-sports, but nevertheless I bought it and was happy.

Ironically it was the comparative lack of content that actually made the game more approachable for me.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. I was happy waiting til March to buy. If I bought it today, "Yes", I'd feel PD hit the mark with this next chapter of Gran Turismo.

There's the base GT we've had for 20 years. Then, there is this new Online aspect of the game, that's easy to access(ignore the disconnects). I've long been an offline player, but PD have made it painless to just jump in online play, with Sport Mode.

A good play experience doesn't only count on "contents." It's impossible to ignore all the players' feedback and suggestions that made this game far more better than is has been released. That's the most important part to me.

Try imagine a GT SPORT with all the cars and tracks we have today but with the old tire model, old penalty algorithm, DR reset bug, grip bug...you name it.

I'm glad that I've seen the evolution of GT SPORT and have experienced a year of good playing time.

Now is a great time to buy GT Sport... I personally have not seen many new or old copies in EB or whatever.

However if you look hard enough you can find half price copies.

Just get over that 30gb download I guess. Decent content at this point.

If you were snarky you'd say that this current update should have been what GT Sport was like at V1.00 back at this time last year.

I wouldn't have been happy with weekly races if the game released just now. I'm still not all that happy with them, although after waiting 10 weeks for the Nordschleife to come back I'll race it as much as I can this week.

Plus the way the penalty system is now is worse than at launch. At launch people were still trying to behave, however when you do that now you get penalized for braking on time.

I bought the game back in January when I chose GTS over NFS Payback.

And since then it was the best decision ever for me. The low car count didn't matter to me since I've learned that car count doesn't matter much thanks to GT3 plus I wasn't affected that there wasn't a traditional GT Mode and when they added GT League I was like "Eh okay." like I didn't care much when Custom Race mode and Sport Mode already satisfied me enough. Plus the livery editor and stuff kept me entertained as well.

Oh and the monthly updates? That cemented even further that buying GTS was the best decision for me.

Overall even if the game was released not in the state in it right now, I would still buy it.

And to be honest, I also wanted to avoid having to download a huge update if I did bought the game this late.

I feel like cross shopping GT Sport and NFS is a strange comparison.

NFS isnt even on my radar.

GT Sport has continued what I expected from GT6. I knew this would be a monthly thing.

I feel like cross shopping GT Sport and NFS is a strange comparison.
The thing is Payback was the first game that got my attention. Sure I can just buy 2015 instead but that's always online plus more customization options as compared to 2015.

And then GT Sport came in and made it tough for me to pick up which game. So it took me by January to decide which game I should pick up and that is GT Sport.

Sport may be always online but the Sport Mode is what sold me.

Back