[poll] Would you be interested in a Drag Race DLC/Update?

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 25 comments

Would you be interested in a Drag Race DLC/Update?

• Total voters

Prototyp3

(Banned)
United States
Oregon
I played NFS:Underground 2 recently and the Drag Race mode was so fun, I forgot how cool that was.

Would love to have a dedicated Drag Racing mode for GT6 and the series going forward.

I would prefer they add something like this to GT6 by update, but if the price is fair I wouldn't be opposed to buying something like this.

Drag racing would be very easy for PD to add. There are lots of tracks in GT6 that have quarter mile, half mile, or even mile long sections. All they would have to do is cordone sections of track off with start points & finish points (like certain in game tests already have), & then add them as drag strips in online mode, simples. They could even use cones to divide the lanes, it wouldn't be that hard. I'm not a drag racer myself, but can see how hugely popular it was in GT5 online, & think it should be added.

@VBR

+1

would like a vareity of drag strips, some real world ones but also some originals. I think PD could make some nice drag strips if they wanted to. Also, one set in Las Vegas would be badass.

I'd prefer other things first but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to them adding it to the game.

I'm surprised there are so many "No" votes. I'm not a big drag racer at all. In fact I'll probably barely use it. But more features is a good thing, and done right they could be on to something. NFS Pro Street was the only game I ever played that ever even had staging in its drag racing.

I think PD could make some nice drag strips if they wanted to. Also, one set in Las Vegas...

They already have a Las Vegas drag strip modelled, it was in GT4 if I remember rightly. All they'd need to do is update the textures, like they did with Monaco, & release it as DLC. 👍

Drag racing in GT5 and GT6 is basically street racing.

Having ACTUAL drag racing would be better, then add nitro top fuel and funny cars (with all 9000 hp!), then PD has my $10 (Or however much it would cost).

Drag racing is one of stupidiest thing invented :yuck: It's like having sex with you hand :lol:
Especially if you look at drag cars. I don't think there is a place for this **** in a racing game.

Noooooooooooooo only just came to gt and already wishing there was a 18 age limit on this game , seems there is enough children on the game already

It seems about a third of online lobbies are drag racers, why not give them what they want? I can't believe they didn't add it already.

They don't even need to make a new drag track/environment. Just make a track layout that uses the tunnel (across from the start/finish) on SSRX.
No drag cars, though. Those look horrible to me. >.<'

How's that?

Speaking for myself, that would be a no. I hate Drag Racing, and how simple it is.
However, as there's clearly a lot of people who love it, I think it would be a good ithing to include in the game.

Everyone saying drag racing is so simple has never tried to drag race. I'm not a fan of it as well, but making your reaction time close to zero milliseconds, building correct car setup with fast 60ft time, making car run with a huge lot of horse power and not break down, making correct tire pressure and temp and the small detail really makes it a real sport with a lot of driver (and car mechanic btw) skill required.

Sadly most of it will hardly be implemented in any game, so it won't be so fun as in real life.

honestly i would love it, myself being a very large and avid fan of drag racing on gt5. however, i love the way it is right now, basically street racing. also, IM GLAD THERE IS NO SPEED TEST! it makes what we do a challenge again, the way it used to be.

I don't understand why ANYONE would choose the option No.

Does it hurt to have it in the game? no
does it give drag fans in GT6 a good time? yes

those people who said No are probably the ones who want to see the "unique" cars that there is only 1-2 of in the game (Veyron, Tank Car, Moon buggy) gone before the duplicates.

Last edited:
I don't understand why ANYONE would choose the option No.

Does it hurt to have it in the game? no
does it give drag fans in GT5 a good time? yes

those people who said No are probably the ones who want to see the "unique" cars that there is only 1-2 of in the game (Veyron, Tank Car, Moon buggy) gone before the duplicates.

I just think Drag Racing would be a waste of time that could be better spent doing other things, like working on bug fixes, content that is actually worth something, etc.

With the current physics Drag Racing is a joke.

I'd love to see Drag racing in GT6. Enough people drag race in the game to make it justifiable and it wouldn't take anything away from the core game.
Some people like GT just for Racing around a circuit: There's a mode for it
Some people like to hotlap: There's a mode for it
Some people like to Rally: There's a mode for it
Some people like to Drift: There's a mode for it
Some people like to drag race: There's absolutely nothing for it.

Perhaps a handful of real drag cars could be included, but I'd be happy with a Drag mode, some tracks and some generic Drag cars (PD Top Fuel, PD Funny Car etc)

I just think Drag Racing would be a waste of time that could be better spent doing other things, like working on bug fixes, content that is actually worth something, etc.

With the current physics Drag Racing is a joke.
definitely agree with you on physics for drag racing is a joke, but PD has different teams to work on different projects. and I don't think drag racing could honestly take that long of a time to implement on GT6.

I'm not much into drag racing in this game, but I understand the huge demand for it seeing as how 1/2 the lobbies are about drag racing so I think it would be nice making it available to those who want it and use it

Back