Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Liege

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Alaska

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Tokyo Bay

Votes: 9 5.9%

• Total voters
Toscana tarmac at night, utterly gorgeous, especially with the Jag XKR as a soundtrack. I'm personally not that fond of Mt. Aso because its complexity lies in elevation change rather than twists and turn, but haven't played with that one as much.

Mt. Aso - I love the "country road" feel. It carries across well the real challenges of driving a high powered car on twisty country roads. :)

Mt. Aso seems to be more rally or hill climb orientated. It seems that way to me anyway.

I put my vote in for Eifel. With some luck with the contour lines, some pretty amazing tracks can be made.

If could vote a second time i'd also make a vote on Alaska. This theme is good and, again, with some luck with the contour lines a great rally track could be made. I once had a course with a hill just after the start/finish straight which could be jumped and fell away down the hill into a right hander. That made me fall in love with this theme.

Another for Mt. Aso, simply because it reminds me so much of reading EVO magazine. Have yet to do anything other than Time Trial on my created tracks there, though, since I've made it as narrow as possible...

Could we get some pictures of the scenery from these? Still don't have a PS3 yet!

Mt Aso has too much elevation change to get a reasonable track. I think Eifel has too much elevation also, but with alot of effort you can get a good track out of it. I would love Tuscana if you could select mid-day...

Last edited:
Toscana

Eifel's off track pieces (close, high guardrail always in a tight turn where you need visability) and kerb placement (kerbs in the middle of long sweepers, but not in hairpins) are terrible. The pit straight for some reason gets really wide and looks the same on every track you make. Also the elevation can be on the Mt. Aso side.

Mt. Aso is just terrible. Ridiculous undulating pit straights, constant blind corners, jumps, steep grades. Maybe good for goofing around but terrible for actual racing.

Toscana has day and night, visibility in corners, no pop in on scenery pieces/mountains, and gradual terrain. I can't think of any cons about it so it gets my vote.

I haven't made any off road tracks yet, but Eifel and Tocsana are the best so far, Mt Aso is capable of making great tracks but you have to spend much longer randomising the layout to get one that fits the maps contours better.

I love the Mt. Aso theme for its elavation changes, and short layouts. The tracks I've made with the Eifle theme just seemed like endless straightaways. I like Mt. Aso because I can quickly get a handle on each new layout, where other themes all seem so similar that I cant tell the difference between them.

But it looks like everyone has their own preferances, some hate Mt. aso for its elavation changes, which is why I love it.

I love the Mt. Aso theme for its elavation changes, and short layouts. The tracks I've made with the Eifle theme just seemed like endless straightaways. I like Mt. Aso because I can quickly get a handle on each new layout, where other themes all seem so similar that I cant tell the difference between them.

But it looks like everyone has their own preferances, some hate Mt. aso for its elavation changes, which is why I love it.

Hardly any straightaways here...

Doing something wrong maybe? Turn up the complexity.

I've watched that video a few times trying to understand why its the "greatest", and i'm not saying that its no good or anything, its just that theme just isnt my cup of tea. I'm just more interested in short technical tracks.
It's like the difference between Suzuka and Monza.

With that said I bet if I could actually drive that track I'd enjoy it.

Did I miss something? I'm lacking the Mt Aso and the Liege themes. Were they delivered with one of the updates? Cause I don't have internet at my playstation at the moment. Hope it will be fixed soon.
If it's not part of any update I feel quite screwed...so please tell me.

I think they've been there since launch, but I guess I really dont know as the first time I put the disk in it updated before I even played it.

Let us know if you figure it out.

I tend to alternate between Eifel and Toscana. I don't like the totally flat and super-tiny stuff I get at Tokyo, Alaska is bland to look at and bland to race around, I don't enjoy racing on gravel so much in GT5 so Liege is out, and Mt. Aso is too hilly. I enjoy the natural flow I get with Eifel and Toscana.

I voted Eifel, as it's the most realistic we can get to any real-life track/scenery. I think the poll is a fair reflection with Eifel, Mt. Aso and Toscana being the only themes that are used by everyone.

I'm not a fan of the rally themes though, there's a blandness about them (in my opinion). That said, I would love to see two or three more themes in the far future.

zStarkey
Toscana tarmac at night, utterly gorgeous, especially with the Jag XKR as a soundtrack. I'm personally not that fond of Mt. Aso because its complexity lies in elevation change rather than twists and turn, but haven't played with that one as much.

What time is considered night?

Eifel, because it makes race tracks as opposed to roads.
I still wish we had the option of choosing road surface between the themes.
A normal road at Eifel for instance, or gravel.

Toscana, because you can race in either the sunset or night. Lots of possibilities abound here, too.

I think we should keep in mind that this poll was started pre update.
Things have changed since then, and I would switch my vote from Mt. Aso to Eifel curcuit.

I voted Eifel Kart because it's retains a good width (although not adjustable) for racing events, the elevation is drastically reduced to represent a racing circuit better and, if you are careful, you can stretch a Kart track out to 3 - 4 miles.

Back