Polyphony 001?

• Thread starter jimftr
  • 28 comments
England
Preston
jimftr2
jimftr2
Hey guys, anyone got this car yet? I bought it recently and it is really hard to control, i mean seriosuly hard. Anyone got any good settings for it becuase i can't really control it, i mean i'm not bad a GT psp, i personally think i am very good but i can't get the hang of the 001. It's cool just to have it anyway though.

you mean the formula1 car I think, it's simply horrible.
I thought it would be the same as ferrari f2007 but it's just awful, ferrari is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

♦

yea, ferrari2007 is 100times better than polyphony001, it spins out at every corner i try to attack
Yea. I'm saving up for f12007 ferrari, the polyphony is pathetic at corners. I can't believe i wasted 5 million credits on it.

Yea. I'm saving up for f12007 ferrari, the polyphony is pathetic at corners. I can't believe i wasted 5 million credits on it.

Not wasted... you know.... gotta catch'em all! GT PSP is the Pokemon of racing fans :)

Polyphony001?
You mean the Polyphony Formula GT right?

The Polyphony001 was one of the two Formula cars in GT3 PAL, the F GT is from GT4.

I bought the Polyphony Digital Formula car and it's catalog entry had me to believe that it was built with no restrictions. It was all pillow talk!

Is the F2007 worth the money? I am a half mil from it and I am wondering if it is worth it to get the rest of the money for it

You guys just saved me, I literally was about to buy this car, so you're saying wait till the Ferrari F1 car comes around instead?
Yes you should get the ferrari, i managed to get it a few days ago and it is much better the the PGT. It is about 5 times easier to drive.

But it has a "3.5L V12 that runs at 18,000 RPM", surely that sounds incredibly good?

Here's a 3.5L V12 from F1 in the past as a reference:

Ah yes, that is glorious. Now I just have to find out what day that pops up for me. I will end up buying the Polyphony Digital car later in the game, even if it's useless to me until GT5.

But maybe it can be saved with tuning?

I bought both. The Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo is quicker, but the Ferrari F2007 is easier to drive. But with practice, the Polyphony got alot easier to drive for me. I would recommend getting both.

But it has a "3.5L V12 that runs at 18,000 RPM", surely that sounds incredibly good?

Here's a 3.5L V12 from F1 in the past as a reference:

Oh yea.... Listen to that V12. Best sound in the world.
But you know what else sounds good? The BRM V16. Here take a look:

Oh yea.... Listen to that V12. Best sound in the world.
But you know what else sounds good? The BRM V16.

I can't find any at this late hour, but the H-16 was completely and utterly wild. It's something an engineer and a 10 year old kid devised over slushies at the peak of the sugar rush. Basically you take a flat eight cylinder and stack another on on top of it, then gear the cranks together. Packaging of course was nightmarish, but frankly with 16 separate intake and exhausts to handle anything becomes a freakish nightmare.

(If I even think of how a Veyron routes everything I start to have seizures.)

The H16 and the V16 are not the same engine, CirclesCenter.

Duh. I know that :)

Seriously though I must have worded my post oddly to give you the impression that I thought they were. I must have been more tired than I thought.

The V-16, while wild in its own right seems bland when compared to the H-16. The V16 is actually somewhat conventional, aside from the displacement and number of cylinders (and the fact that it puts out psychotic hp/liter) while the H16 is basically two flat eight cylinder engines geared together. (I can't remember precisely the way that was done, but you ended up with two crankshafts each with 8 pistons attached to them and a single power output shaft. I'll wiki it later after I go grab groceries.) Actually it shares more in common with the U engines that were basically two straight engines geared together, but unlike the U configuration the H actually solves a problem, it allows you to get a boatload of cylinders into a very small space, but your exhaust/intake routing becomes completely insane and due to the stacked nature of the engine it has a higher CG which obviously is undesirable.

But anyways H-16 = :drool: Just because it's completely whacky. (And yeah I had go off and do that description because I was little offended that I was thought dim enough to confuse the two.)

when i first got the polyphony digital car i hated it as well. it kept spinning out. WTF? i thought. then i went into the tuning an dmaxed the downforce and it handles like a dream :drool:

Excuse me, then! I just happened to see they were talking about the V16 and you jumped with the H16, so I thought you had confused them! Don't be offended, it was a simple miswording... or confusion by my part!

Anyway, I happen to find the H16 especially attractive, if only because of it's whacky nature. What were those people thinking, when they decided to use that engine? It beats me.

What were those people thinking, when they decided to use that engine? It beats me.

I'm not sure, but when I found a picture of it, a sign behind it said it displaces 3 liters and makes close to 600bhp... that's nearly 200bhp per liter in the mid 1960s... wow.

Excuse me, then! I just happened to see they were talking about the V16 and you jumped with the H16, so I thought you had confused them! Don't be offended, it was a simple miswording... or confusion by my part!

Anyway, I happen to find the H16 especially attractive, if only because of it's whacky nature. What were those people thinking, when they decided to use that engine? It beats me.

Water under the bridge :)

The only thing I can guess is trying to cram that many cylinders into a shorter wheelbase.

Another engine of note was the one used by Renault in the RS10 could produce 1,500hp out of 1.5 liters for a qualifying run. Completely psychotic.

I just bought this car.

Its pretty tricky and you have to drive very carefully (which is very difficult with the d-pad and the digital buttons), but it makes alot of fun! I dont regret it.
It was so rewarding when i startet to shave some seconds of my time in Suzuka.

Furthermore, i like the engine sound. Ok, it sounds a bit strange, but if you took the PFGT out for a longer race distane or something like that, it starts sounding good when you getting used to it.

I just bought this car.

Its pretty tricky and you have to drive very carefully (which is very difficult with the d-pad and the digital buttons), but it makes alot of fun! I dont regret it.
It was so rewarding when i startet to shave some seconds of my time in Suzuka.

Furthermore, i like the engine sound. Ok, it sounds a bit strange, but if you took the PFGT out for a longer race distane or something like that, it starts sounding good when you getting used to it.
I still prefer the Ferrari over the PFGT. It is so much better to drive and is actually faster.

Water under the bridge :)

The only thing I can guess is trying to cram that many cylinders into a shorter wheelbase.

Another engine of note was the one used by Renault in the RS10 could produce 1,500hp out of 1.5 liters for a qualifying run. Completely psychotic.

Fixed

Back