polyphony and sony trolling us

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juventus2012
  • 23 comments
  • 1,672 views
Messages
61
England
cambridgeshire
Messages
Jon-w96-_
Lately there have been 2 new corvettes realeased which is a good thing as they were free but we can do practically nothing with them they are uselesswe cant change their colour or anything so what is the point in them are are they ever going to release a proper one that we can do tuning on change the paint on and other stuff. what are you opinions?
 
Just..no.. yes they will it will probably be in gt6 or it will come as a dlc after a uldate.
 
Lately there have been 2 new corvettes realeased which is a good thing as they were free but we can do practically nothing with them they are uselesswe cant change their colour or anything so what is the point in them are are they ever going to release a proper one that we can do tuning on change the paint on and other stuff. what are you opinions?

I am not sure if this is the right section for this. But all the other DLC that isnt free can be tuned/painted/etc...

I wouldnt say they are useless (close) but would be cool to paint/tune and even trade them because of them being free.
 
Because there is no real life data to pull from. The car isn't even for sale yet, no companies have parts for them so you really can't just make that stuff up. Even then, GM may have a limit on what PD can do with the car, also because of it not being for sale yet. Once they hit showrooms I would expect an update to correct the matter, but for now just enjoy the car stock.

Edit: And this is totally in the wrong section.
 
Because there is no real life data to pull from. The car isn't even for sale yet, no companies have parts for them so you really can't just make that stuff up. Even then, GM may have a limit on what PD can do with the car, also because of it not being for sale yet. Once they hit showrooms I would expect an update to correct the matter, but for now just enjoy the car stock.

Edit: And this is totally in the wrong section.

Good points! Definitely wrong section.
 
Lately there have been 2 new corvettes realeased which is a good thing as they were free but we can do practically nothing with them they are uselesswe cant change their colour or anything so what is the point in them are are they ever going to release a proper one that we can do tuning on change the paint on and other stuff. what are you opinions?
💡 Maybe move this to the Questions and Answers thread? 💡
 
They're anything but useless. They're cars. They're fairly fast and drive fairly well. Make for some quite decent races. Can't see anything useless about them. Would it be nice to tune them into hyper-powered race cars with completely different handling characterstics? Sure, I suppose, if you find that amusing. But are they useless? Not at all.
 
Maybe, I'm wearing a tinfoil hat just incase!:scared:
 
what are you opinions?

Eh? The only thing I dislike about them is their gear ratio is too long.

They're not useless though.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to get my hands on the suspension to tweak a few settings and I'd like to overhaul the LSD to my preference, however it's still a very good car and fun to drive.

Being unable to change the colour is a pretty weak point, it's nice to be a bit unique to set your car apart from the rest. But it's not a 'make or break' situation on the Stingray.

As has been said I would imagine the car will be 'unlocked' once the car is on sale officially.


so what is the point in them

The "point" of these cars is getting an early taste of how they drive, what would be the point in that early taste if we could just change it away from its set up in reality (although you can change the tyres still so how well that holds up depends on whether you immediately throw RS tyres on it like everybody seemed to for no apparent reason.)

Enjoy it for what it is, a fun car that you're really rather lucky to be able to drive 👍
 
I'm honestly not sure how any of the stuff outlined in the OP is "trolling."
 
I'm honestly not sure how any of the stuff outlined in the OP is "trolling."

According to Urban dictionary (jeeze I feel so dirty for using this site as a source of all things..)

Urban Dictionary
The "art" of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off

If the OP was correct and these choices were infact made just to irritate us, by this definition they are "trolling".

However I'd like to clarify that I put no weight behind his argument (as evident by my post) and do not believe it to be true.
 
The C7 Corvette DLC in GT5 is just a way for Chevrolet to market the C7 to younger buyers before the car is in showrooms. I believe that's why we can't modify them in any way too, because GM wants us to experience the car as they want us to, in stock configuration. So no it's not PD or Sony trolling us, it's Chevrolet trying to advertise their new car through a game.

Personally I'd like it if we could at least repaint the C7, I'd love to see it in black.
 
Lately there have been 2 new corvettes realeased which is a good thing as they were free but we can do practically nothing with them they are uselesswe cant change their colour or anything so what is the point in them are are they ever going to release a proper one that we can do tuning on change the paint on and other stuff. what are you opinions?

This is what usually happens right..? When they release cars you can't normally tune them but I know that they will update the Corvette and make it that we can tune it to our liking.
 
Who even cares? I like the C7 as it is. I think it looks good in grey. And it's not that bad of a car to drive either.
 
Who even cares? I like the C7 as it is. I think it looks good in grey. And it's not that bad of a car to drive either.

I like the S2000 in black and it's a fun car to drive stock.

Does that mean I shouldn't be able to tune it or respray it? No, that would be silly.

Clearly quite a few people care about not being able to tune this car or respray it and there is good reasoning on both fields.

At the end of the day though we go back to the original question being "Is PD and Sony 'trolling' us"
To which the answer is a firm No 👍
 
Because there is no real life data to pull from. The car isn't even for sale yet, no companies have parts for them so you really can't just make that stuff up. Even then, GM may have a limit on what PD can do with the car, also because of it not being for sale yet. Once they hit showrooms I would expect an update to correct the matter, but for now just enjoy the car stock.

Edit: And this is totally in the wrong section.

That "real life data" bit doesn't explain the handful of concepts that have been given more of a tuning treatment than the C7, though :)

However, aside from that, I agree with the general consensus of this thread; "trolling", PD and Sony are not.
 
I think teasing may be a better word than trolling. I was pretty let down after jumping in the car and heading to the RM, then aero and paint booth :(.
 
I think teasing may be a better word than trolling. .................(.

Yes. Teasing is part of creating awareness (alerting the 'reward circuits' in your brain) which (hopefully) leads to pleasing (feeding said circuits), and thereby gaining greater market share.

Maybe put crudely one may say that they are trolling for attention towards diverting that attention towards a target that wouldn't have got attention by itself.

"Here's a hat - it's free! - but, only in black. Oh! Over there we have them in all shades and sizes; they cost just a penny. ;) "
 
what are you opinions?
My opinion is that you should learn to capitalize certain letters. Some use of punctuation would also be an excellent idea.

All matters aside, I am grateful for every available car. Polyphony Digital is not bound to supporting this game so many years after its release. The fact that they still do speaks massively in their favour.
 
My opinion is that you should learn to capitalize certain letters. Some use of punctuation would also be an excellent idea.
As would proper sentences.

Lately there have been 2 new corvettes realeased which is a good thing as they were free but we can do practically nothing with them they are uselesswe cant change their colour or anything so what is the point in them are are they ever going to release a proper one that we can do tuning on change the paint on and other stuff.
That should be at least 3 sentences.
 
As would proper sentences.


That should be at least 3 sentences.
Run, Run, Runawaaay, run run run...:dopey:

Not trolling, just Tempting. Like being woken up with the smell of fresh, cooked Bacon... :drool:

Joe Flacco better not drive it till next Season...Traffic on 695-795 in Maryland bites as it is. :scared:
 
The C7 is not useless but I wish you can at least change the colour the the free Scion FR-S.
However later on it gets boring and I now see no use in the car other then that Corvette drift event that was on (got me gold :D).
I would understand the no tuning but the colour should be changeable.
 
I would guess that GM is behind the Corvette's status in GT5, not PD or Sony.
 
Back