Polyphony Digital are now hiring a Community Manager

• Thread starter GT6mebe
  • 29 comments
PD are great at many things however their interactivity with the fanbase is one that fans have always sought more from. There have been some positive trends with Kaz's active twitter account, hiring GT players to help development, at one time using the features of this website to decide on design choices, frequent updates and communication to players who attend the championships on the future of GT Sport.

PD are now hiring for a Community Manager role:

https://boards.greenhouse.io/sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs/716250

Depending in who the hire is this could have a big impact on the relationship between the players and PD. I think a good idea for the community manager would be to start a blog showing the general culture of PD, some insights into development and meeting the rest of the team if they wish to. PD is one of the oldest gaming studios (and most successful) and yet we don't know much about them.

What do some of you wish to see from the community manager? Maybe some of you may even apply :D

"The team behind the award-winning Gran Turismo® franchise are seeking a Social Media Manager....This individual will support SIEA’s first party franchise title by moderating...forums...responding to users posts..."

That'll be a first! I hope it works out, I really do. I wonder if they'll sign up on here & get involved as well?

👍

VBR
"The team behind the award-winning Gran Turismo® franchise are seeking a Social Media Manager....This individual will support SIEA’s first party franchise title by moderating...forums...responding to users posts..."

That'll be a first! I hope it works out, I really do. I wonder if they'll sign up on here & get involved as well?

👍

PlayStation forums or even Twitter is my bet.

Where's Spa?!
Original tracks?
Why so few cars?!
Why are there 2D trees?

Oh boy, whoever gonna be this person, he'll/she'll have a miserable life.

Original Tracks - In process according to reports
Cars - Time versus manpower. It takes far longer to create a car at the higher resolution and you can only add so many people to a team.
2D trees - Efficiency. A 2d plane is easier to draw to the screen than a fractal tree

They won't have a miserable life. Easy to answer posts get ignored and they deal with the larger community issues. They can't do anything more than act as a liaison between the community and the team.

I think content creation for a blog should be left to the marketing team. One person can only do so much.

I just hope they get someone from the community. Someone who understands the game and won't just like and retweet pretty scapes shots.

This is much requested and finally they do something the community wants. No need to answer all questions. Especially stupid questions about tracks and cars can be ignored.

The main picture would suffice. Someone explaining more about updates and listening to what players would like to see in future updates. And just letting us know they know about problem X and they are looking into it.

I just hope this person will be someone who plays and loves the game.

I think content creation for a blog should be left to the marketing team. One person can only do so much.

I just hope they get someone from the community. Someone who understands the game and won't just like and retweet pretty scapes shots.

Shoot I'd do it. I'd even do it for free.

Finally PD admit their weaknesses and this is good progress for the franchise. What they did currently with uploading imges every single week in social media is small step than what they did before but this announcement is going to make even more significant changes regarding people perspective about PD communication skills. Hopefully, whoever is going to be hired should have been talkative and be able to answer some of the players and fans request.

I’m sure that PD staff are active on the various forums. I’ve seen posts from them responding to the players over on the PlayStation forums.

Remember, they’re a Sony studio so are bound by certain communication rules. That along with the fact that the many of the staff may not be confident to answer questions in English.
Much of the feedback is probably fed back through Sony’s community managers so goes through various filters too.

They’re unlikely to respond to the same old questions they always get but for sure they seem much more open in recent times.

FIIIIIINNNNNNAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A FORM OF CONTACT!

YES!

C8D51BBC-856B-44AA-AFC5-049166B97618.jpeg

I was very excited when this happened in FORZA, but in hindsight a few years down the line it looks like it served a purpose for selected community opinion to improve the game, but very little direct communication with the community. I expect this to be similar and look forward to it.

And they have this position up since June 2017. Dunno if they hired someone and the job offer is still up but yeah, almost 1 and 1/2 years since I saw it.

And they have this position up since June 2017. Dunno if they hired someone and the job offer is still up but yeah, almost 1 and 1/2 years since I saw it.

So. this is more like getting a year old News and making it actual... which i consider to be a fake news like... just to give hope to those that expect o that someday in a near future, may have some real actual and effective feed-back from Poliphony...

A thing that actually was pretending to be at the momment that GTS was starting to have real problems.. (with penalization procedures for example) ... and never ever will be real. .just like "GTS being the best Racing simulator ever.. ." both lies from the same same . and.. will endure forever.., at least for those that want to be deceived... and even like it... Just like "please lie to me, cause I love it..."

And June 17??? that´s even before GTS Beta. .ain´t it??? (I´ve just realized that I had considere the date June18.. . so. the big fat lie started even before the even more fat lie...

Last edited:
Back