Polyphony Digital Cup ( Stock car)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Div is back
  • 12 comments
  • 2,134 views
Messages
2,837
Messages
GTP_Div
Well I just won the Polyphony cup with the Ford Gt, at first I thought to myself, " this will be hard just as GT3 so I should get a car that can compete",.

Well I was so wrong, I got in the championship, my competitors?

Some low class cars, Lupo...Renault...Camaro 69, my only competition was the Mercedes Sl 55 AMG but still, I owned it by 20 sec atleast on each track.

So if you want a real competition, atleast with one or two cars, you should get one of those Japanese cars, Supra Rx-7 Skyline etc..or a Silvia would be a good matchup I guess!

I am very dissapointed by the rewards they give you, the prize cars are :yuck:
 
How would the old Mustang do, in your opinion? I believe it's a '67 GT500, although I'd rather have seen a '69 Boss 429.
 
Catawba Warrior
How would the old Mustang do, in your opinion? I believe it's a '67 GT500, although I'd rather have seen a '69 Boss 429.
I dont think that would be a good idea, tyre wear is gonna kill you.... unless you can just swing that car around the curves without problems. I havnt driven any of the old cars but Im guessing that the rear tyres will go first.

You know what though you should give it a try and see what happens it just a game. :)
 
I used the GT in that tournament, too. My only real competion was the other GT. He beat me in the first race, bu in the next 8 races I completely smoked him. The race at Le Mans was close, but only because I made a mistake. The AI in the game is very poor.
 
I tried to find a car that would make things close, but I was only getting 10 points, so I just used a W12.
 
Yeah the AI sucks I wish their was more of a challenge when you go racing. Even if you get a really tuned down high powered car you can still win easily.
 
.. ya i've been disapointed for alot of these races, the AI just.. are not really competetitive.. and when they are.. they are waaaay to much!
 
Catawba Warrior
How would the old Mustang do, in your opinion? I believe it's a '67 GT500, although I'd rather have seen a '69 Boss 429.

There is no old mustang in the game, just a Shelby GT 360 67'
 
Do you even know who Carroll Shelby is?

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Performance car icon Carroll Shelby and Ford Motor Co. will unveil the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, the first Shelby Mustang in 35 years and the most powerful Mustang ever, Wednesday at the New York Auto Show.

The 450-plus-horsepower, supercharged, six-speed roadster, developed in conjunction with Ford's Special Vehicle Team, takes its design cues from the muscle-bound Shelby Mustangs of the late 1960s, just as the standard Ford Mustang looks to the same "muscle car" era.


I know the car is in the game, I've seen video of it and I've read quite a bit about it in other threads. I've got the game now, just waiting on a replacement PS2 which will be here tomorrow, so I'll be answering my own question soon enough.
 

Attachments

  • mp_acctee8718.jpg
    mp_acctee8718.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 16
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 19
GT3 PD Cup = teh r0x0rZ!
GT4 PD Cup = tEH Suk!
 
Yeah the AI gets competitive sometimes.Fifteen minutes ago I was doing a real circuit tours race and the Gt-one rammed my car and spun me out.
 
Catawba Warrior
Do you even know who Carroll Shelby is?

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Performance car icon Carroll Shelby and Ford Motor Co. will unveil the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, the first Shelby Mustang in 35 years and the most powerful Mustang ever, Wednesday at the New York Auto Show.

The 450-plus-horsepower, supercharged, six-speed roadster, developed in conjunction with Ford's Special Vehicle Team, takes its design cues from the muscle-bound Shelby Mustangs of the late 1960s, just as the standard Ford Mustang looks to the same "muscle car" era.


I know the car is in the game, I've seen video of it and I've read quite a bit about it in other threads. I've got the game now, just waiting on a replacement PS2 which will be here tomorrow, so I'll be answering my own question soon enough.

Why did you post that..? 💡
 
Div is back
Well I just won the Polyphony cup with the Ford Gt, at first I thought to myself, " this will be hard just as GT3 so I should get a car that can compete",.

Well I was so wrong, I got in the championship, my competitors?

Some low class cars, Lupo...Renault...Camaro 69, my only competition was the Mercedes Sl 55 AMG but still, I owned it by 20 sec atleast on each track.

So if you want a real competition, atleast with one or two cars, you should get one of those Japanese cars, Supra Rx-7 Skyline etc..or a Silvia would be a good matchup I guess!

I am very dissapointed by the rewards they give you, the prize cars are :yuck:

did u do it in b spec
 
Back