Polyphony please fix the shadows quality

Italy
Italy
Even GT5 and prologue on ps3 have far more detailed shadows than the pixelated ones on GTS

Also on Gt7 shadows have the same low quality like in GT Sport

I really hope to see something better than this in the future trailers

Last edited:
Shadows are very pixelated in GT5, too.

But, it's really an important thing ?
In cockpit view they are way more sharper than on gts and yes shadows play a big part when it comes to IQ, honestly it would be embarrassing to have the same pixelated shadows of GTS even on ps5

Last edited:
In cockpit view they are way more sharper than on gts and yes shadows play a big part when it comes to IQ, honestly it would be embarrassing to have the same pixelated shadows of GTS even on ps5
Why would it be embarrassing?

What I'm seeing is them progressively caring more about quality of the game as a whole rather than outright visual fidelity to a fault like they used to be before. Looks like they're striking a good balance.

Why would it be embarrassing?

What I'm seeing is them progressively caring more about quality of the game as a whole rather than outright visual fidelity to a fault like they used to be before. Looks like they're striking a good balance.
The quality of GT also in other areas (physics, accuracy of car and track model, soundtrack etc.) has always been stellar, what are you talking about?

The quality of GT also in other areas (physics, accuracy of car and track model, soundtrack etc.) has always been stellar, what are you talking about?
Never said those were bad, try not jumping the gun so much. I’m talking performance wise. It seems like they’re more open to making compromises than they have in the past to ensure the quality of the gameplay, as that should be one of the higher priorities in games like this. Recent and future iterations seem to show that.

Either way, we don’t even know a release date for the game so I wouldn’t jump to a conclusion so soon.

Also, since you ignored it: Why is it embarrassing?

Last edited:
To me seems they are the same low res shadows of gts

You're comparing unreleased software to released software running on unknown hardware.

The GT5 shadows had no aliasing whatsoever, and they are still pixelated. The subsequent shadows are aliased. Whether it's "better" or not is a matter of opinion, never mind that, as I mentioned, it isn't even released yet.

Latest Posts

Back