Polyphony, please respect the racing item selection

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 14 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
I searched for this topic but missed it, if it exists.

What REALLY irks me bout the liveries is not the editor or its features, but that when you select "No racing number", the game will still paste one onto the car in Sport Mode.

I know this is traditional in some respects (racing street cars), but in past iterations of the game, the actual race cars were left unmolested. Since your number is pretty much irrelevant, the game should respect your choice to either use the racing number selection that you have made (at least the style, if not the number itself) or, if you have chosen "no racing number" respect that and do not paste one on for the races.

It's SUPER annoying to put a ton of work into a livery only to have it ruined in game with this big ugly racing number decal, or (as is the case with me at the moment) to have to put the number in place so you can have a safe zone to work around. It's, so very often, ugly to have the base number in place in your livery.

A compromise, if they feel the game REALLY needs it, is to allow us to at least scale it an move it like a decal AND use the decal we choose. At least then, we can work them into the livery instead of working around them. I know this isn't a tall order but it makes a difference to us who spend time making liveries.

I completely agree! I am so annoyed with the numbers. I put my own number on elsewhere in the car, I hate where the default number usually lies. At the very least, if we can't turn it off, let us move it...
Before:
PS_Messages_20171116_200656.jpg

Now in sport mode:
PS_Messages_20171116_200717.jpg

Last edited:
If you choose a racing number from the livery editor (the default ones), it doesn't put anything on it, however if you create your own number manually (with layers), it'll put default race numbers on top of it in Sport mode.

Quick question, do sport mode races replace your existing number layout that can be selected from the livery editor, or go on top of it?

It's completely replaced

If you choose a racing number from the livery editor (the default ones), it doesn't put anything on it, however if you create your own number manually (with layers), it'll put default race numbers on top of it in Sport mode.

Nope, wrong, it doesn't matter what you choose in the livery editor, it will always be overwritten. For instance, I chose the small black oval on my GR3 F-Type and in Sport Mode, I still get the big square. The number coincides with the order in which you joined the server regardless of the number you choose.

In the FIA races, you get the square number plate with either your country's flag at the top or your manufacturer's logo. Again, both are unnecessary since, for the nations cup, you can see the driver's nation next to his name throughout the race. For the manufacturers cup, it's obvious by the car you drive.

Also, why the heck do I NEED to use the manufacturers liveried cars? I appreciate the option to rent a car from them for the week, but I want to use my own with my own liveries.

I believe the limited liveries is prob due to an FIA licensing issue menaing they dont want any unapprived liveries (like a cock and balls) in an FIA series.

As for number boards, use a decent one (adac, nur, wec, etc) for your livery. Then it looks as planned all the time except in the online races where the number board is covered by the PD one. I always do this so that the number board works with the livery and acts as a space marker to avoid with the livery so that it works in sport mode properly.

I believe the limited liveries is prob due to an FIA licensing issue menaing they dont want any unapprived liveries (like a cock and balls) in an FIA series.

As for number boards, use a decent one (adac, nur, wec, etc) for your livery. Then it looks as planned all the time except in the online races where the number board is covered by the PD one. I always do this so that the number board works with the livery and acts as a space marker to avoid with the livery so that it works in sport mode properly.

People shouldn't need to plan around things for simple things that PD overlooked/didn't consider.

These for example look cool as heck, But Probably can't be replicated due to the number placement/shape etc
folio16_WR_pr1-1024x576.jpg

See this livery I made during the beta I put a number where I wanted it while still being plenty visible and I alternated the colours on the opposite side in keeping with the livery, Guess what I jump in a race and get a giant square with a number covering half of the Lucky Strike logo I had spent a considerable time making and lining up perfectly, I was annoyed to say the least.
viper left.jpg

Apologies for the large photos.

Mine always changes. Even if I have the default number box it will still change my number.

If I have any other number box, it'll change it to the default number box and give me a new number as well. It is stupid

Number shown in sport mode is apparently the rank it expect you to be at the end of the race as it mix people based on their Drivers Ranking for the races and not the qualification times.

Number shown in sport mode is apparently the rank it expect you to be at the end of the race as it mix people based on their Drivers Ranking for the races and not the qualification times.
Exactly, the number you are given is basically your driven ranking standing against the rest of the field.

The number box, no matter which pre-made option you have selected, will ALWAYS be replaced by the standard number box. Why they even gave us the choice for the rest is beyond me.

What they are really missing, is the ability to actually move these number boxes. I don't care for size editing, I just want to be able to slide it along the side of the car to suit the best positioning in regards to the livery. It wouldn't be a hard option to implement. I believe, with this idea, you should only be able to place the number between front and rear wheels and below the window. For the bonnet, anywhere should be fine but restricting it being placed over large vents should be implemented

What they are really missing, is the ability to actually move these number boxes. I don't care for size editing, I just want to be able to slide it along the side of the car to suit the best positioning in regards to the livery. It wouldn't be a hard option to implement. I believe, with this idea, you should only be able to place the number between front and rear wheels and below the window. For the bonnet, anywhere should be fine but restricting it being placed over large vents should be implemented

+1

Size editing is pretty important too, like now when you place M3 GT2 and 911 RSR size by size it will be on really big difference. For people like me it that's really annoying :lol:

yes that is really annoying. I always look where is the place and skip it. Especially on the Corvette nicely in the middle of the car :banghead:

Back