Polyphony: State your intentions.

United Kingdom
Due West of Europe
AN OPEN LETTER TO POLYPHONY DIGITAL.

Yes I know this is not a PD forum but I post this note in the hope that someone from PD will read it.

Some time has now passed since the launch of GT7.

From what I have read in the forums, a lot of GTS players appear unhappy at the Sport mode offering within GT7. Some, myself included, have decided that for fairer racing, GTS offers a far better alternative.

There appears to be issues with GTS now surfacing:

A strange message relating to non-saving at game start-up.
Daily races for next week apparently not being changed.
No alternatives to Nations/Manufacturers Cups being offered.

Everyone has NOT gone to GT7 and we still want to play GTS with all its functionality.

Simple question really:

Are you going to stop supporting your own title and close the servers down and if so, when will that be?

Last edited:
I’d like to know this as well.
I won’t be near GT7 until these forums go into meltdown about how amazing it is “now they have finally come to their senses!” (Whenever that may be).

Me too, they are still selling GTS, but if it has crippled online save retrieval then they should at least do the decent thing and

1) Tell us what is happening

2) If they have crippled the online save restore feature, then at least stop selling it in the store.. or update it so that it only saves locally and remove the error message !

GT6's online services were shut down 6 months after GT Sport's release, as were GT5's following GT6's release. So i would guess Sport's own online services will follow suit in 6 months time, perhaps a touch longer due to the difficulty in getting hold of PS5's still.

It makes sense for a developer to gently push players to move them from the old platform to the new, within a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:
Me too, they are still selling GTS, but if it has crippled online save retrieval then they should at least do the decent thing and

1) Tell us what is happening

2) If they have crippled the online save restore feature, then at least stop selling it in the store.. or update it so that it only saves locally and remove the error message !
I agree with both points entirely. I am not sure what the legal position is regarding selling a product which has less functionality than advertised. Ethically, it seems dubious at best.
GT6's online services were shut down 6 months after GT Sport's release, as were GT5's following GT6's release. So i would guess Sport's own online services will follow suit in 6 months time, perhaps a touch longer due to the difficulty in getting hold of PS5's still.

It makes sense for a developer to gently push players to move them from the old platform to the new, within a reasonable time frame.
I do understand both the logic and economics of what you are saying. However, shouldn’t the product to be phased out retain all its functionality and should not the replacement offering be at least the same, if not better?

As it stands, they are hobbling GTS whilst offering a lesser quality replacement.

POLYPHONY DIGITAL

I see a notice has today appeared in game relating to the save message at start-up. However, there is no indication that you intend to address why it is appearing and that it will be resolved.

In addition, it appears that the Milage Exchange has been updated for the current week. Thanks.

The current Daily Races remain unchanged. Will you be changing them and also offering some form of online Championship?

We still await details of your intentions for GT Sport.

Thank you.

So does this mean GT League and the saves within would also become unavailable? I was thinking of grabbing GTS in the interim while GT7 gets fixed and finished, but if GT League isn't even playable then I won't bother.

Unfortunately though although if you have a save you can continue, it wont help you if you have to reinstall GTS or move to a new PS4/5 as the save data cannot be retrieved. I suspect if you want to save your progress properly at least for now you will have to save manually and locally, and take the extra precaution of saving to a USB drive/stick ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately though although if you have a save you can continue, it wont help you if you have to reinstall GTS or move to a new PS4/5 as the save data cannot be retrieved. I suspect if you want to save your progress properly at least for now you will have to save manually and locally, and take the extra precaution of saving to a USB drive/stick ?
Far too technical for me to comment upon, sorry.

If the servers are shut down but I continue to be able to create custom races as good as they are now, I actually won't mind. And I don't see why I won't be able to create them, they don't depend on an internet connection.
Of course, if PD update GT7's custom races so they work the same as GTS, that would convince me to rebuy that game.

My friend just bought a PS4 for GT Sport and his loving it. So they better not screw this up and shut down servers and make the game unplayable...cause me, and my 2 buddies who play GT Sport actively still would be pissed off since all 3 of us don't like GT7.

Back