Pontiac and Ford

  • Thread starter Thread starter chopperscfl
  • 12 comments
  • 1,439 views
Messages
28
I've been really busy with a family emergency and haven't been able to buy the game yet. Looks like I will tommorow. I've been reading a lot on the forum and I looked at the official car list that came out before the game. I have a question, and I'm not trying to complain, I'm asking seriously: The Pontiac lineup is exactly the same as GT4? No 6.0 GTO or G8? And is there really not a single GT500 or Cobra Mustang on the game? I see a few regular GT Mustang's (same body style at that) but not a single Cobra, and shockingly not a GT500. I can't really believe that so I'm hoping you guys have some other info for me, thanks.
 
i was a bit disappointed about the game not having any new pontiacs in but i think it is because of pontiac being terminated and no more pontiacs are being made anymore. I was happy to not see over 50 million mustangs in the game. :3 I think they have a perfect amount already. theres a ton of others cars that could be made instead of 5 different types of mustangs.
 
I was also hoping for a 6.0 GTO since I was hoping that would be my next car in real life.
 
What do you mean 50 Million mustangs? I see 2 on the list. Are you saying there is a GT500 etc? The 5.0 Fox Body mustang is the 2nd most used car in American road racing (I'm not talking about the pro's like LeMans) just behind the Miata. The 5.0 was not on GT4 and to my knowledge is not on GT5, so before you go saying there's plenty of other cars that could be made, there's not one more important then that mustang. That is if the game wants to remain the "realest".


I was also hoping for a 6.0 GTO since I was hoping that would be my next car in real life.

Had 1 for a while, and a 5.7 GTO. Nice cars. I'm not neccesarily partial to any one type or make of car, I just want to see cars that are highly regarded for performance like GTO's and Cobra's on the game.
 
I've seen a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R ‘00 and Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ‘04 both used standard cars
 
I've seen a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R ‘00 and Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ‘04 both used standard cars

I know about the 5.7 GTO, that was on GT4. So was the Cobra R. The Cobra R was a car only available at a certain time in the used car section, sounds like that's the same too. Very few people have those and they have mainly became trailer queens. I'm looking for Mustang's people actually race road course or even drag racing i.e. 5.0 Foxbody, 03/04 SVT Cobra, GT500, GT500 SuperSnake.
 
I know about the 5.7 GTO, that was on GT4. So was the Cobra R. The Cobra R was a car only available at a certain time in the used car section, sounds like that's the same too. Very few people have those and they have mainly became trailer queens. I'm looking for Mustang's people actually race road course or even drag racing i.e. 5.0 Foxbody, 03/04 SVT Cobra, GT500, GT500 SuperSnake.

I remember seeing a cobra R at my local ford dealer years ago brand new looked like a track built car, prob not even street legal no stereo, back seat etc. and wasn't a cheap car either
 
I remember seeing a cobra R at my local ford dealer years ago brand new looked like a track built car, prob not even street legal no stereo, back seat etc. and wasn't a cheap car either

They are street legal. They aren't cheap and they are pretty nice. At first you would see some on the track no doubt. I'm not saying that it's not a race car or that it shouldn't be on the game, I'm just saying it's not commonly found on the race track.
 
What do you mean 50 Million mustangs? I see 2 on the list. Are you saying there is a GT500 etc? The 5.0 Fox Body mustang is the 2nd most used car in American road racing (I'm not talking about the pro's like LeMans) just behind the Miata. The 5.0 was not on GT4 and to my knowledge is not on GT5, so before you go saying there's plenty of other cars that could be made, there's not one more important then that mustang. That is if the game wants to remain the "realest".




Had 1 for a while, and a 5.7 GTO. Nice cars. I'm not neccesarily partial to any one type or make of car, I just want to see cars that are highly regarded for performance like GTO's and Cobra's on the game.

what i mean about 50 million mustangs is that the list says there is 5 mustangs. From what I understand soon is that standard cars will become more premiumish. Also GT5 isnt an american game. lol Its made over in japan by a japanese game creator. So I don't expect a japenese game creator to load a game full of american cars when there is plenty of other world great cars out there. There is a good hand full of american cars in the game. Just like there is of other countries. So I'm saying their should be more of other cars put into the game besides more mustangs. Same goes with the 20 skylines there is.
 
GT should include the original Holden's before they include the re-badged Pontiacs. 👍
 
GT should include the original Holden's before they include the re-badged Pontiacs. 👍

Definetly, needs to be both. Even if they can't make the game with that many cars, trim down on the Ford KA's and Suzuki Cappachino's and put some more "real" cars in the game. But I do agree the Holden should be on there first and foremost as far as that body style goes. They have some pretty nice special editions of that car also down under.


what i mean about 50 million mustangs is that the list says there is 5 mustangs. From what I understand soon is that standard cars will become more premiumish. Also GT5 isnt an american game. lol Its made over in japan by a japanese game creator. So I don't expect a japenese game creator to load a game full of american cars when there is plenty of other world great cars out there. There is a good hand full of american cars in the game. Just like there is of other countries. So I'm saying their should be more of other cars put into the game besides more mustangs. Same goes with the 20 skylines there is.

That's exactly the reason, because it's a Japanese creator. I expected that but not to this level. There are some cars from other countries that could be added or take the place of the 20 Skylines. But if you look at road racing, 5 Mustangs isn't that many. I wasn't counting the older ones I guess, my mind was just set on newer cars lol. The newer mustangs that are on the game aren't and really haven't been used in racing. The creator of the game has left out the #2 road racing car used in this country and the best car Ford has made since 1969!!!!! That's not a mistake, that's an absolute blunder. I'm not even necesarily looking for more Mustangs though, just take the every day 05 and 07 Mustang off and replace them with cars that see track time: 5.0 Foxbody and the GT500. If the game came out when it was supposed to, or a year after it was supposed to, or maybe even 2 years after it was supposed to then maybe you could overlook that, but there's no excuse with this wait time.
 
Don't you dare touching my Capuccino! They really do exist! :)
 
Back