Poor description of the Lobbies, very frustrating !!!

France
Dijon, France
URBANCOCKPIT-1
Hi everybody,

I’m just tired about the fact that most of the time I enter a Lobby on online mode, I dont find what I’m looking for ! The description of the lobby most of the time is badly written or/and missing important informations or/and completely different compared to what actually is…

Yesterday night was particularly frustrating : 40 minutes waiting for 17 minutes racing after entering 7 lobbies that werent been what they said in the description… I dont have a lot of time to spend in front of GT6, I hav a job and 2 childrens.

Is it so difficult for some people to just write it well at the beginning ? Do everybody knows that when you are the host of the lobby, you can modify the description anytime live ?

Just to be constructive, here is an example of what is the perfect title for me, based on my preferences. I love cars with front engine and rear wheel drive, stock (no tuning), 450PP, Sport Hard tires, clean racers and all aids off except ABS...

Here is the way i will write it:

FR STOCK PP450 SH CLEAN onlyABS

As you see, I used all the 31 caracters allowed. The best is to put the maximum of information. It has to stay comprehensive in the same time. And the result will be that your lobby will only be MORE POPULAR !

So in my opinion, if people do that, we all will save more time by finding directly the lobby that suit our desire.

For those who will suggest me to open my own lobby, I will say that after one hour, I wont have more than 3 or 4 competitors to race with. I prefer entering a lobby that is already almost full, lot more fun...

Sorry for my not-perfect-english.

So what do you think about this situation ?
Any suggestions ?

Yes finding a lobby quick isn't easy with the incomplete descriptions. You have to join a lobby to actually find out the tings. Not to your liking after that = time wasted. All good things! I do end making my own with precise and concise title. And not to worry about your not good English, folks raised speaking the English language can't talk that good either...just sayin'.

Hi everybody,

I’m just tired about the fact that most of the time I enter a Lobby on online mode, I dont find what I’m looking for ! The description of the lobby most of the time is badly written or/and missing important informations or/and completely different compared to what actually is…

Yesterday night was particularly frustrating : 40 minutes waiting for 17 minutes racing after entering 7 lobbies that werent been what they said in the description… I dont have a lot of time to spend in front of GT6, I hav a job and 2 childrens.

Is it so difficult for some people to just write it well at the beginning ? Do everybody knows that when you are the host of the lobby, you can modify the description anytime live ?

Just to be constructive, here is an example of what is the perfect title for me, based on my preferences. I love cars with front engine and rear wheel drive, stock (no tuning), 450PP, Sport Hard tires, clean racers and all aids off except ABS...

Here is the way i will write it:

FR STOCK PP450 SH CLEAN onlyABS

As you see, I used all the 31 caracters allowed. The best is to put the maximum of information. It has to stay comprehensive in the same time. And the result will be that your lobby will only be MORE POPULAR !

So in my opinion, if people do that, we all will save more time by finding directly the lobby that suit our desire.

For those who will suggest me to open my own lobby, I will say that after one hour, I wont have more than 3 or 4 competitors to race with. I prefer entering a lobby that is already almost full, lot more fun...

Sorry for my not-perfect-english.

So what do you think about this situation ?
Any suggestions ?

I agree 100%, lobby descriptions are poorly written for the most part, with little of the details we would really like, or none at all. When I see a lobby with a good description that's a reason for me to join. PD should have fixed this for GT6 so that when you put your cursor over the room description a drop down list presents itself with all the relevant information like tires, PP, weight, HP, tuning etc. Short of that we rely on hosts to pack information into that short description and most of them suck at it.

I agree with all of you, which is why they need to develop a lobby similiar to the way "Call of Duty" sets up their lobbies, everyone rushes into the lobby, 1. the server recommends 2 courses that we vote on, 2. every car in the game should be unlocked under a recommended garage 3. everyone chooses a recommended car and selects the appropiate tire that the server also chooses. 4. the race starts simultaneously after approx. 2 minutes...............how difficult would that be to incorporate that into the online servers. or is it already available and we just have to wait?

go6
I agree with all of you, which is why they need to develop a lobby similiar to the way "Call of Duty" sets up their lobbies, everyone rushes into the lobby, 1. the server recommends 2 courses that we vote on, 2. every car in the game should be unlocked under a recommended garage 3. everyone chooses a recommended car and selects the appropiate tire that the server also chooses. 4. the race starts simultaneously after approx. 2 minutes...............how difficult would that be to incorporate that into the online servers. or is it already available and we just have to wait?
I also think there should be many default lobbies with default settings that are either fully automatic or with limited options available to the host like race length, track vote etc. The basics, like tire/pp/race length/grid order would be fixed or nearly so. Auto start would be on with fixed lengths or again, very limited adjustments to practice times. I think if people knew they could go online any time night or day and find the exact same lobbies that suit their individual wants and needs, it would be very, very popular.

I still don't think many people realise you can change the room title when you're in the room now, I've had to ask a few of my friends to change the room title now and they didn't seem to know how.

I think the drop down list suggestion, or a more info button would be a great feature for PD to implement and could also make it easier for people speaking different languages to understand the rooms settings if GT6 automatically translated them, sometimes it is quite difficult to fit all the relevant information into the tiny 31 character box so something to make it easier for hosts and people joining would be brilliant.

What annoys me most is when I set up a lobby clearly stating the rules and then someone joins and complains it is boring because we are driving on CS tyres or not high enough PP, if they'd have asked rather than complaining it is boring I'd check to see that no-one objects and happily change the settings.

Tyres. The tyres need to be appropriate for the performance level. Why did PD remove the feature that shows this before you choose to enter a room? Likewise with aids - I WILL NOT take part if slipstream is strong, or boost is on. And more characters in the description box won't go unwelcome. "Keep your room title simple and clear"??? No! Before I join I want more information please!

Perhaps it should be set up such that if the host gets dropped from a public lobby, the title is set to blank.

go6

Isn't that matchmaking, though? Just wait for Quick Match. ;)

I agree 100%, lobby descriptions are poorly written for the most part, with little of the details we would really like, or none at all. When I see a lobby with a good description that's a reason for me to join. PD should have fixed this for GT6 so that when you put your cursor over the room description a drop down list presents itself with all the relevant information like tires, PP, weight, HP, tuning etc. Short of that we rely on hosts to pack information into that short description and most of them suck at it.

This is for me the simpliest solution -quick fix that PD must do... that could be a good beginning ! In the same time, 31 caracters is not enough to give the important informations.

And very few people knows that they can change the title of the room when they are in the room as the host...

Isn't that matchmaking, though? Just wait for Quick Match. ;)
on the disc was quick match, then the first patch took it away, if it is true that quick match exist ill definately be holding onto my copy of gt6 for the future. as for NOW ( i tend to look at lobbies with NO SRF, RACE FOR REAL, settings and possibly ones with no mics, so that way i can listen to my music and drive around putting more miles on my cars without waisting hrs of my day bull****ing about cars.) I believe a lobby without mics significantly improves the lobby quality and allows me to refine my driving skills at the same time 8)

Back