Poor GT3 is dead, so anyone drift in other games?

• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 20 comments

breakpoint

Return of the Krugen
Premium
United States
Huntsville, Alabama.
LEGION138
Was just wondering if anyone that drifted or still drifts in GT3 likes drifting in any other racing games? I have tried a few but never did enjoy it like i did for the years i drifted in GT3:) I would like to find another racing game that the drifting is fun in though so if you do like the physics in another game when it comes to drifting list it so i can try it out:tup:

I still drift in GT3 because I've gotten bored of Juiced 2 trying to get all the bonuses and my PS2 is allergic to GT4 (don't ask why). I also still use the joypad.

Forza 2 is pretty fun for drifting.

I still haven't played forza 2 yet and 3 is coming out sometime soon, thats sad. I had forza 1 but the drifting in it was just so touchy, found it really hard to link my drifts and all so i just stopped playing it. I don't have a PS3 yet, im waiting on GT5 to come out before i even get one because thats one of the only games i will even be using the george foreman grill looking thing to do.

Well seeing as you have an XBL account, Drifting on TDU with the DLC physics pack is pretty good - as is Enthusia on the PS2

I still haven't played forza 2 yet and 3 is coming out sometime soon, thats sad. I had forza 1 but the drifting in it was just so touchy, found it really hard to link my drifts and all so i just stopped playing it. I don't have a PS3 yet, im waiting on GT5 to come out before i even get one because thats one of the only games i will even be using the george foreman grill looking thing to do.

GT5P has a feature that flips between Standard and Professional modes. In Pro mode, it's much easier to start and maintain oversteer of all kinds. 👍 So much different from GT4

I'm waiting on GT5 before i get a PS3, also still having to save up because rent, food etc. comes first. But i am getting one!

I still think GT3 drifting is the best drift sim out there ..i drift cars in real life and trust me the game comes as close as a game ive ever played.

I agree in some parts, ive been drifting for about 15 years now, basically before it ever really came to the us. I grew up watching dukes of hazzard and my dad had a farm and an old 240z that he let me just do whatever with so sideways i went. I always watched the dukes and thought, man that would be cool if they kept it sideways longer so thats what i always worked on. Then bam drifting hit usa like a ton of bricks. Spin out and side to side are about the same in the game but there just isnt any type of weighted fill to the cars. Switching in real life is way harder than in the game just because of weight transfer which is what GT3 lacks.

Wow. Didn't know that. ^

Woah, didn't know i never mention that to you I don't go around the board or anywhere else just stating to people, "hey, i drift" though, that would be pretty lame. Yeah man, im 28 now and when i went to NC to live with my pops when i was 14 i had the opp to learn my skills. He had about 30 acres and most werent used and he had a i want to say 79 240z with a straight six and no first gear that he let me do whatever in. We took the tractor and i went out and made a semi dirt track with turns and such and just practiced everyday seeing if i could make it from start to finish by linking every corner, had never even heard of drifting so when drifting got here in the states i was just shocked and excited. Hopefully one day i will be able to get another car to just do that in, money isnt free flowing these days:nervous: I continued my exploits when i had my 79 malibu on the street, was always fun to come through an intersection completely sideways to see peoples faces:) Only spun out once on the streets too, not too bad for 2 years worth.

Woah, didn't know i never mention that to you I don't go around the board or anywhere else just stating to people, "hey, i drift" though, that would be pretty lame. Yeah man, im 28 now and when i went to NC to live with my pops when i was 14 i had the opp to learn my skills. He had about 30 acres and most werent used and he had a i want to say 79 240z with a straight six and no first gear that he let me do whatever in. We took the tractor and i went out and made a semi dirt track with turns and such and just practiced everyday seeing if i could make it from start to finish by linking every corner, had never even heard of drifting so when drifting got here in the states i was just shocked and excited. Hopefully one day i will be able to get another car to just do that in, money isnt free flowing these days:nervous: I continued my exploits when i had my 79 malibu on the street, was always fun to come through an intersection completely sideways to see peoples faces:) Only spun out once on the streets too, not too bad for 2 years worth.

That's awesome. I have absolutely no real-life drifting experiecne. :grumpy: The only racing experience I have was from ages 18 thru 24, which was American Grafitti-style stoplight stomps back when I had my '67 Stang. :( Miss those days.

I agree theres no weight tranfer feel but i dont think thats gonna happen in games haha, i think its the closest thing i have 4 years drifting so a bit less time lol.

Back