Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 compatiblity

  • Thread starter Thread starter yakapo
  • 7 comments
  • 2,423 views
Messages
190
Does anyone have this wheel (Version2)? I'm considering selling my G27 and getting this wheel with the clubsport pedals. If you have the wheel how well does it work with GT5? The clubsport pedals have abs vibration right? Does that work with GT5? I've had no issues with compatibility with my g27.

I was originally looking for the one that worked with the xbox as well but then I saw this new version 2 that supposedly works perfectly with GT5. At least that's how they are advertising it.
 
good questions, with Xmas coming up, im that close on getting the GT3 RS V2 with CS pedals!!

Chris
 
The Fanatec Gt3 V2 with clubsports is a joy to use with GT5, I even bought a second one incase one went faulty as i couldnt bear to be without it.

I also own a G27 and DFGT but the Fanatec stands hands and shoulders above both, the force feedback is very realistic indeed.

You will definitely not be dissapointed
 
The ABS vibration should work but it's got nothing tondo with the game. There is an option in the wheels own menu. You set that to a percentage between 1 and 100 %. The vibration motor in the pedals will then activate at the percentage of brake travel you have chosen. So if you set it to 50% the vibration motor will vibrate at 50% of total brake travel.
 
Go here Its the streering wheel section. You can see, that every wheel has flaws. But the Fanatec and G25/27 are both awesome wheels without competition.
 
The Fanatec Gt3 V2 with clubsports is a joy to use with GT5, I even bought a second one incase one went faulty as i couldnt bear to be without it.

I also own a G27 and DFGT but the Fanatec stands hands and shoulders above both, the force feedback is very realistic indeed.

You will definitely not be dissapointed

I've heard that the GT3 RS wheel had lots of issues / returns which were posted on the iracing forums. I'm presuming with this new version they have remedied the issues. It concerns me that you bought an extra one in case it broke. It was the reliability concerns that made me purchase the G27 over the fanatec in the first place.
 
Go here Its the streering wheel section. You can see, that every wheel has flaws. But the Fanatec and G25/27 are both awesome wheels without competition.

oh... thanks I didn't know that section existed. I guess the mods can move this or lock it if they see fit.
 
I've heard that the GT3 RS wheel had lots of issues / returns which were posted on the iracing forums. I'm presuming with this new version they have remedied the issues. It concerns me that you bought an extra one in case it broke. It was the reliability concerns that made me purchase the G27 over the fanatec in the first place.

The thing to remember is Fanatec is still a small, boutique brand. I can't go to Best Buy and grab a GT3 RS. They stand behind their products, but their support team is still pretty small, so there can be delays in processing RMAs.

Logitech is a very mainstream brand with very widespread distribution. They're support team is a lot larger and more responsive. If you buy a wheel from them and it dies within the warranty period, they send you a replacement. I had G25 and the pedals went bad. They literally sent me a complete G25 package as a replacement.

You've got to weigh the pros and cons. Fanatec makes an incredible product and their ClubSport packages are excellent values. I love that you can buy individual components separately, tune settings within the wheel, and even upgrade the firmware to add features. The fact that they even offer a GT3 RS v1 to v2 upgrade kit blows my mind. That's not something you see from the big companies. The tradeoff is sometimes slow service and extended downtime.

Logitech's G27 is also an excellent wheel, and probably the best mass-market wheel out there. Nobody would fault you for sticking with that if you wanted the "safer" option.
 
Back