Porsche 924 Carrera GTS ClubSport 1982

• Thread starter Tsukishima
  • 6 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
file.php

The 924 originated as a contract design by Porsche for Volkswagen, based mainly on readily available parts from the VW parts bin. The car was to be the VW Type 477, also known by the code name EA435. However, VW chose to cancel plans late in the project for financial reasons. Porsche then bought the rights to the design for $60 million ($10 million less than the cost of development) and produced the car, having VW assemble the cars at its Audi plant in Neckarsulm.

Initial configuration for the Porsche 924 was a 2.0L inline-4 SOHC engine producing 125hp mated to a 4-speed transmission.

Other steps were taken by Porsche to try to improve the car’s appeal in the market;

The ultimate development of the 924 was the 924 Carrera GTS ClubSport, which produced 280hp, and weighing even less. The GTS had an intercooler in the nose, as later reused in the 944 Turbo, with fixed headlights behind plexiglass covers forced by removal of the headlight linkage to accommodate the intercooler ducting, the car was still street-legal, at least in Europe. 15 GTS in ClubSport configuration were made.

file.php

file.php

Love the often hated front engine Porsches. If we ever get Porsche in GT I hope get a couple of the 924/944/968/928 to go along with the mainstream models.

I have absolutely no Idea if it is possibru to delete comments, so I'll just leave this here.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back