Porsche 934 Turbo RSR [Deleted]Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany
Germany
Pfalzdriver submitted a new resource:

Porsche 934 Turbo RSR - A classical german widowmaker

View attachment 1292588

The Porsche 934 was a racing version of the Porsche 911 Turbo, prepared to FIA Group 4 rules, similar to the Porsche 935 which was prepared to FIA Group 5 rules.

Original R3E, converted by First Studio Racing.
==============================

Version 1.1 by Pfalzdriver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source of specs: https://www.supercars.net/blog/1976-porsche-934/

Added:
  • CSP extension...

Read more about this resource...

Great update!

Could you have a look at the steering wheel please? I'm getting some weird reflections of the sunlight on it... Normals flipped?

Possible to get a screenshot? I dont have such issues and normals are correctly alligned. :confused:

Unbenannt.PNG

Last edited:
Totally good. But the rear fenders seem to cut into the tires...

Attachments

• 2023-10-08 11_10_13-Assetto Corsa.png
    2023-10-08 11_10_13-Assetto Corsa.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 16
Possible to get a screenshot? I dont have such issues and normals are correctly alligned. :confused:

Sorry, didn't get a notification of your reply.

It's noticable when the sun is low. In the attached file the sunlight is coming from the front right corner of the car.
Now the part towards the driver gets hit by the sunlight and the part towards the sun gets shadows. And it should be the opposite of course.

It's very noticable when you're driving and I don't think it's a CSP bug (using 1.80preview346) as I don't get that with other cars...

Let me know if you need more screenshots and I'll try to send them as soon as possible.

Attachments

• sunlight-shadows.png
    sunlight-shadows.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 18
Problem found. Will be fixed with the next release. And no, the fender didnt touch the tire. But I'll increase the rod length at the rear a tat.

Last edited:
The fix for the dash glass breaks the windscreen banners. I just removed EXT_GLASS from the [Material_Glass] section, but there is probably some other, better way to fix it?
WDYM? :confused::confused::confused:

Banner (Internal) has material named INT_GLASS, which is mapped to int_glass.dds, glass of the dash has a material named INT_GLASS_DASH, mapped to glass.dds.

External glass (including the banner) is named EXT_GLASS and mapped to ext_glass.dds. So they all dont collide with each other. Both internal and external banner looking good on my side too.

pfa_porsche_934t_rsr_rr_industrial_11_00_08.pngpfa_porsche_934t_rsr_rr_industrial_11_00_14.png

I'm simply trying to understand your problem.

Last edited:
WDYM? :confused::confused::confused:

Banner (Internal) has material named INT_GLASS, which is mapped to int_glass.dds, glass of the dash has a material named INT_GLASS_DASH, mapped to glass.dds.

External glass (including the banner) is named EXT_GLASS and mapped to ext_glass.dds. So they all dont collide with each other. Both internal and external banner looking good on my side too.

View attachment 1296460View attachment 1296461

I'm simply trying to understand your problem.
I'll look into it, for me the external banner is almost invisible.. In showroom it's good, but in game it's not. On a closer look, it applies to other cars as well, but not all, so might be a problem on my side. But I have no clue what it could be. It apparently has something to do with the glass shader in the extension. I'll try reinstalling stuff and dig a bit deeper.

View attachment 1296473

Ingame shot. :) I guess smtg isnt right at your side. :)
Ok, first: Sorry for causing hassle. Next: Thanks for helping to solve my problem.

The reason for the error was other cars with problems, which I had been tinkering about to fix, and then caused problems with other cars that didn't have problems in the first place... Your car doesn't have any problems, it's indeed very good, and now that everything is in working order here, I'm going to cool down by driving it two laps around the Targa Florio. :)

Was already present with the original car. But I'll try to figure this out. :)

v1.5 is in the making already tho.

Edit: Found the problem, will be fixed in v1.5

Last edited:
Pfalzdriver updated Porsche 934 Turbo RSR with a new update entry:

Version 1.5 by Pfalzdriver
  • Decreased downforce to proper 75kg at max speed
  • Reduced gear count to four
  • Corrected tire size with optimised physics by Arch
  • Adjusted brake torgue to match real braking distances
  • Minor adjustments to suspension and engine curve, adjustable turbo
  • Some fixes and additions to model and extension, e.g. rain tires textures

View attachment 1299636View attachment 1299637View attachment 1299638View attachment 1299639

Read the rest of this update entry...

• New shift animation, thanks to Masscot
  • Adjusted gear shaft the fit the new animation
  • LODs now with MY standards again
  • Fixed camber and toe settings in setup.ini
  • Fixed missing turbo presetting
  • Changed wet tire color, didnt liked the blue anymore
  • Minor adjustments to extension

Still a freely available car, but feel free to follow me on Youtube or even better, buy me a beer. :D

[URL...​

v1.6

• Final version (unless Iljas creates some new extension-features which need to be implemented)
  • Fixed my own (windows) mess created in v1.51
  • Reworked headlights

This all started because the original car had so many flaws, and it took again way more time than I've intended. But all good things must should come to an end, and hopefully I can now spend time with other things. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back