Porsche...be afraid.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sa!!yz~Rage
  • 20 comments
  • 1,879 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
278
Messages
GTP_Sa11yz-Rage
After what PD has done to the BMW's I'd be very reluctant if I were them to have any of my cars in the game.

What in gods name they've done to the BMW's is beyond me. At what point in recent history did these cars turn into APC's that sound like food processors under water? :ouch:

The worst is the M3.....it's just plain sad what they've done to it. :boggled:
 
Finally - We needed another thread of GT5P bashing !..

Good call 👍
 
good job to NoxNoctis Umbra on the vid's:tup:
is about time you did something good on the forum, unlike your driving..haha

Hey!:O:lol:
 
Finally - We needed another thread of GT5P bashing !


It's not game bashing, it's in game car bashing. 👍 Do you think the M3 is represented well in the game? It looks great, but....
 
Yes I think PD is improving, but when you still record all the sounds in neutral and not under a load it will always lack that depth. Realistically though, it would be almost impossible for PD to strap a bazillion cars to dynos in time for the end of the world, let alone next year!👍
 
They still have plenty of time before December 21st 2012! :lol:
I wonder if they GET rid of that ECHO that in some areas not suppose to accrue.
I hear PD team is only of about 100-115 people. Why cant they Employee more for the sound department? As well more for modeling and physics. There are TONS of people out there with good skills in the areas. I hear other Game developers have 200 people sometimes on the team.
 
They still have plenty of time before December 21st 2012! :lol:
I wonder if they GET rid of that ECHO that in some areas not suppose to accrue.
I hear PD team is only of about 100-115 people. Why cant they Employee more for the sound department? As well more for modeling and physics. There are TONS of people out there with good skills in the areas. I hear other Game developers have 200 people sometimes on the team.

My opinion is sound doesn't sell a game like graphics do.

The sounds are far better then GT4's. All I can ask PD to do is improve their game significantly in all areas with each sequel. They're doing that so I'm satisfied.
 
I hear PD team is only of about 100-115 people. Why cant they Employee more for the sound department? As well more for modeling and physics. There are TONS of people out there with good skills in the areas. I hear other Game developers have 200 people sometimes on the team.
That is something I never understood. If Gran Turismo is so much work, why don't they just get more people to work on it? It is one of the most successful game series of all time, so money can't be the problem. And I do think that there are plenty of capable programmers that could do the work, so why don't they get more helping hands and finish the new parts quicker?
 
After what PD has done to the BMW's I'd be very reluctant if I were them to have any of my cars in the game.

What in gods name they've done to the BMW's is beyond me. At what point in recent history did these cars turn into APC's that sound like food processors under water? :ouch:

The worst is the M3.....it's just plain sad what they've done to it. :boggled:

After watching the videos in the link, it seems like they sound pretty close to me.
 
I watched a show on The Speed Channel the other day, the one that Tommy Kendall does, he brings in pro drivers and they put cool cars through the paces.

This one was the M3 and it had Borris and John Andretti and someone else.

Not even close to what's in the game, in terms of audio and performance. The M3 in the game in 2nd gear sounds and drives ridiculous. And how much does the flywheel weight in it? 600lbs? My god, pulling through 2nd is tortuous, our John Dear hooks up better....:lol:
 
My opinion is sound doesn't sell a game like graphics do.

Well, not really. It's just an area reviewers never focus on and people rarely comment about. Personally, it's one of my favourite areas to concentrate on when I'm building my games, because of the lack of interest in making decent sounds in games, it makes your games look that little bit more interesting and just overall adds to the experience.
A decade or so ago, sound used to be a more important aspect than graphics, but ever since computing power became a bit more unlimited, people have been making more use of it for graphics.

Whats the point in this thread? Surely you could have discussed it in the other audio thread?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107850
 
I think audio is a huge part of the game. When it's done properly you 'feel' the car through bass response and such.

When the car sounds like a Moulinex in a cardboard box, well the only thing you feel is disappointment. :indiff: :lol:
 
When are you guys going to start talking about Porsche like the thread title says? This is all about sound and BMW M3 but no word on Porsche at this time.


;)
 
im sure im kinda alone on this one but i really dont care for porsche cars, the only one i would want to see in gt5:final would be the group c offerings
 
After watching the comparison video from NoxNoctis Umbra (Thank you), I am quite pleased with the way the M3 sounds in game, though I never noticed how much echo there is...

I have done some sound comparisons to real life before with GT5P and so far they are quite close.
 
The content of this thread has almost no relationship to its title and consists of topic that have already been raised and have/are being discussed in other thread.

Locked

Oh - and its BMW that messed up the sound on the E92 M3, its sounds as dull and uninspiring in the real world as it does in GT5:P.


Scaff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back