Porsche Gran Turismo Cup Asia Pacific

• Thread starter RX8 Racer
  • 22 comments
Singapore
Singapore
Link to Porsche newsroom
Link to Porsche Japan page

Originally the Porsche eSports Racing Japan series, Porsche Japan has expanded this series to the rest of East and Southeast Asia region plus New Zealand this year. Unfortunately, Australians are not eligible for this, but New Zealanders are.

Five qualifying rounds across September and October will decide the 20 drivers (5 each from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Asia-Pacific (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)) that will compete in the finals slated for mid-December. The date of the finals will be announced at a later date.

Format is similar to the TGR GT Cup, with a spec car (the required car being different for each round) and 2 time slots per round. Best 3 scores out of 5 rounds are counted.

Rounds are as follows:

Round 1 (5 Sep): Fuji Speedway with 911 RSR ‘17
Round 2 (19 Sep): Le Mans with 919 Hybrid
Round 3 (3 Oct): Bathurst with Cayman GT4
Round 4 (10 Oct): Goodwood with 356A Carrera Speedster
Round 5 (31 Oct): Spa with 962C

Last edited:
Link to Porsche newsroom

Originally the Porsche eSport Racing Japan series, Porsche Japan has expanded this series to the rest of East and Southeast Asia region plus New Zealand this year. Unfortunately, Australians are not eligible for this, but New Zealanders are.

Five qualifying rounds across September and October will decide the 20 drivers (5 each from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Asia-Pacific (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) that will compete in the finals slated for mid-December. The date of the finals will be announced at a later date.

Format is similar to the TGR GT Cup, with a spec car (the required car being different for each round) and 2 time slots per round. Best 3 scores out of 5 rounds are counted.

Rounds are as follows:

This sounds like a nice little event! Wish the Macan Turbo S from the trailer was coming to the game...

EDIT: Do you think it would be okay for me to enter on my alt account? It's set up for NZ for when I go back home (but currently in UK).

Last edited:
Link to Porsche newsroom

Originally the Porsche eSport Racing Japan series, Porsche Japan has expanded this series to the rest of East and Southeast Asia region plus New Zealand this year. Unfortunately, Australians are not eligible for this, but New Zealanders are.

Five qualifying rounds across September and October will decide the 20 drivers (5 each from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Asia-Pacific (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) that will compete in the finals slated for mid-December. The date of the finals will be announced at a later date.

Rounds are as follows:

Looks like I'm gonna have to use my alt account in this one since my main account is connected to Hong Kong which is not listed in the participating countries for that event.

Combos look interesting I would say and I might have fun doing Round 2 and Round 4-5 depending on the conditions given such as tire wear, fuel consumption, weather (if rain condition is used on Spa), etc.

This sounds like a nice little event! Wish the Macan Turbo S from the trailer was coming to the game...

EDIT: Do you think it would be okay for me to enter on my alt account? It's set up for NZ for when I go back home (but currently in UK).
The rule for FIA championship is that you can only enter 1 account per season, so I think that it’s fine.

The rule for FIA championship is that you can only enter 1 account per season, so I think that it’s fine.
I'm currently using my main account (EMEA) for the FIA races, but this is a separate competition, so should be okay right? Not likely to be fighting for top positions, but wouldn't mind taking part in the races.

Race settings for the Porsche Gran Turismo Cup are up

All races have Fixed Tuning and Grid Starts with False Start and all qualifying sessions are 5 min long except for Le Mans (which is 6 min long)

Race 1 - Fuji with 911 RSR:

16 laps, Racing Hard and Medium available, only Hards are required. Fuel 4X, Tyre 10X

Race 2 - 919 at Le Mans:

6 laps, Racing Hard only. Fuel 2X, Tyre 6X

Race 3 - Cayman GT4 at Bathurst:

10 laps, Racing Medium and Soft available, both tyres are required. Fuel 3X, Tyre 12X

Race 4 - 356A at Goodwood:

15 laps, Comfort Soft only. Fuel 5X, Tyre 14X

Race 5 - 962C at Spa:

12 laps, Racing Hard and Medium available, both tyres are required. Fuel 4X, Tyre 7X

Just had a look at the schedule on the calendar. They have NZ in the list of countries but I cant figure out why. First slot starts at midnight. Oh well, I now have zero reason to bother looking at this again.

Does PD even know where this country is physically and with time zones?

Just had a look at the schedule on the calendar. They have NZ in the list of countries but I cant figure out why. First slot starts at midnight. Oh well, I now have zero reason to bother looking at this again.

Does PD even know where this country is physically and with time zones?
Relevant video:

Granted, NZ is the only non-Asian country in this Cup which means they must be lumped in with the rest of Asia, but my god, couldn’t they at least move the time slots forward to at least try and accommodate the New Zealanders?

12am on Monday morning. Welp, guess that’s one country out of contention for the Asia-Pacific region.

Relevant video:

Granted, NZ is the only non-Asian country in this Cup which means they must be lumped in with the rest of Asia, but my god, couldn’t they at least move the time slots forward to at least try and accommodate the New Zealanders?

12am on Monday morning. Welp, guess that’s one country out of contention for the Asia-Pacific region.

I'm not fussed, but I know we are way outside of the time zones for the rest of the countries. Just seems really confusing why we get included when we are so far outside that way. I mean, it is nice they still remembered us, but I'm not sure they needed to. Real shame as the combos do look like some good fun ones.

Good luck to those running it.

Well I set up an account to do this (2 actually as I did a HK one first, but that doesn't work. Maybe not in Asia? OK should have read description better) even signing for Porche I need to grind 3,200,000. Least I saved 800,000 but couldn't they have used at least 1 cheap car? Those 5 = 4 mill and the other 6 are less than 1.4 mill.

Well, other than boosting in-game car sales, the cars should be gifted/loaned upon entering free practice and race day.

Last edited:
Well, other than boosting in-game car sales, the cars should be gifted/loaned upon entering free practice and race day.
You would have thought, hell I did, but no went to first event and got the no cars available. Doing a few circuits won't take too long and I might skip Spa as I hate it.

Has anyone tried out both strategies at Fuji? My no stop was a second off my 1 stop, but the car was understeering hard towards the end and I had to really conserve on the final 2 laps to coast across the line.

Both strategies seem pretty close.

Just logged on to check timing and it's at the same time I'll be at a friend's place to watch the F1 at Zandvoort. Which is a shame, because it would be a fun race in the RSR! 👎👎

Has anyone tried out both strategies at Fuji? My no stop was a second off my 1 stop, but the car was understeering hard towards the end and I had to really conserve on the final 2 laps to coast across the line.

Both strategies seem pretty close.
I tried it, but I made sure I didn't fuel both ways. Fuel saving with stop actually seemed easier and I didn't use the MAP at all, while without the stop I did use the MAP for a couple of laps. Non stop was 8 secs faster and had a 1.5 sec slower fastest lap. One stop would be faster doing the meds second, but then you'll struggle to overtake and/or break away at the start.

I'll won't be stopping, as if you break away you don't need to and if your behind you'll just lose places.

From my research, I should be able to do 10 laps hard, 6 laps medium, and depending on slipstream I shouldn't need to fuel.

I suppose I'll see you there, @RX8 Racer? Hopefully that chaos at Monza last night didn't screw me over too badly, those guys were brutal!

OK lets see if this is clean, mostly Japanese and Taiwanese with no Kiwis. Grabbed Q2 with a decent time for me so let's hope for a good first corner. Well an OK race and I was about the only non stopper, got pushed wide on last corner to end up second, maybe a bit dirty but let the guy off he had done well, pitted on 14 and was only 4 secs behind me after that. Not that great a race, just hot lapping and watching fuel.

Well, I've be damned today since I missed slot 1 due to connection/server issues and I only have one chance left.

EDIT: Should be mentioned that this is an ISP issue.

Last edited:
Well I stayed well back, over 30 secs gap, and still had my quali ruined by slow players. Worse I caught him just at the wrong time and got a pen meaning 18/19 instead of 3rd. Mostly Ds so going to hard not getting binned while passing them. Top 4 have OK time and there might be others who had problems, but a hard car to handle with low grade players isn't a good combo. Well I passed the slow guys with no real problem and am in 5th starting lap 2. A couple make errors and I pick up a 0.5 as I'm heading down the straight catching 2nd. 1st chicane he breaks early and I swerve round him and hold the corner till the idiot rams me and totally ruins both our races. OK I should have been more worried about the guys at my level rather than the noobs. I manage to get back to 5th, which most of the time I would be happy with after starting 18th. Winner was an A and well faster than everyone and I should have had 2nd without too much of an issue. Going again as it's a good hard race, hopefully I'm keep it on the track this time. Track limits are still ridiculous though and getting 1.5 with no advantage while 0.5 for corners you can make loads of time on makes no sense.

Back