Porsche LMP1-98 LMP1 #7 1998

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
Germany_small.sflb.ashx
Porsche LMP1-98 '98
It appears that EA will soon lose it's Porsche license, and if they do, I want this car to be in Gran Turismo.

From Wikipedia:
Now realizing the potential of the abandoned WSC-95 against their 911 GT1, Porsche developed both chassis into the newer and even more capable LMP1-98. Unfortunately at the same time, not only were Porsche attempting to improve both the 911 GT1 and LMP1-98, but as were Nissan and the newcomers Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW. Still run by the Joest Racing squad, the LMP1-98s showed that their quick pace was now lacking against new competitors, managing to take a best of only ninth in qualifying. During the race itself, although the LMP1-98s showed pace, they unfortunately would not be able to survive the entire race. One car suffered electronics difficulties after only 107 laps, while the second car would break some bodywork mountings in a spin and would not be able to continue after it had completed 218 laps.

Specifications:
Engine: 3.2L twin turbo Flat-6
Power: 530 HP
Torque: 467 ft-lb
Transmission: 6-speed sequential
Weight: 885 kg

Photos:
Porsche_LMP1_%2798_-_WSC-002_No._8.jpg

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-1998-8-porsche-ag-porsche-lmp1-98-james-weaver-pierre-henri-rap.jpg

Meaden-Porsche-3_3356723b.jpg

CLBDi2hWEAAXbWA.jpg

Video:

I had no idea Porsche made a late 90's LMP. I always thought it was only BMW and Audi.

Back