Porsche Mission X

1686248256143.png

1686248262854.png

1686248313083.png

1686248304429.png

1686252647746.png

1686252660410.png

1686252669406.png

Porsche exemplifies e-performance yet is also a pioneer in sustainable mobility. The concept study meets both objectives in full measure. The visions: if the Mission X goes into series production, then it should
  • be the fastest road-legal vehicle around the Nürburgring Nordschleife;
  • have a power-to-weight ratio of roughly one PS per kilogram;
  • achieve downforce values that are well in excess of those delivered by the current 911 GT3 RS;
  • offer significantly improved charging performance with its 900-volt system architecture and charge roughly twice as quickly as Porsche’s current frontrunner, the Taycan Turbo S.
The battery is installed centrally behind the vehicle’s seats. This ‘e-core layout’ centres the mass in the car. As with a conventionally powered mid-engined car, this provides the basis for excellent agility.

Last edited:
Very promising looks! 👍
Everything else?
Well… As it is a Porsche, expectations have the bar set on WR level. Matters of personal taste and the rare albeit terminal design fault apart, I can’t remind myself of Porsche ever presenting an underwhelming car.

Sure… At the time of presentation…Yes. Whenever Porsche dipped toe in new market segments. But after the dust had settled even base 914 and every front engine Porsche have matured to coveted objects of admiration. Highly useable ones.

And this is original turf for the sporting Stuttgarter.
Chances are the X will rock it’s given mission.

Proper Nice Looking Wheels Too!
A bit like a staggered tarmac version of the forged BBS Toyota had made for the ”last of the line”Land Cruiser 200, the Heritage Edition…

Attachments

• 9D8929BF-816A-4B3E-B5C7-7FB5F4684F57.jpeg
    9D8929BF-816A-4B3E-B5C7-7FB5F4684F57.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 9
I say add it to the pile of cars in the coffee table book. It doesn't look like a Porsche. In fact the face looks a lot like the Cadillac GTP car among others from decades past which is odd because Porsche has its own GTP car to emulate. That car has a low, horizontal light signature shared with numerous newer concepts and offerings, from Vision Gran Turismo to the Taycan. I think it's very weird that they'd ignore a design feature they've spend years cultivating only to debut something immediately recognizable as a Cadillac.

Porsche has been doing really strange things with their concept cars for years now. I get the sense that they're not quite sure how to take the brand into the EV world, thus their first offering wasn't a sports car at all but a relatively low-stakes sedan. They showed off several gorgeous cars and did nothing but stuff them in a book. They've completely forgetten about the 917 Living Legend, the prettiest car they've shown in decades (it both looks like a Porsche and has the horizontal quad lights).

I guess they keep digging for something new but they need to stop. We don't want something new, we want classic Porsche heritage but in EV form. Show us that you can combine where you came from with modern technology. I don't want a Cadillac prototype with Toyota off-road wheels, sorry.

I say add it to the pile of cars in the coffee table book. It doesn't look like a Porsche. In fact the face looks a lot like the Cadillac GTP car among others from decades past which is odd because Porsche has its own GTP car to emulate. That car has a low, horizontal light signature shared with numerous newer concepts and offerings, from Vision Gran Turismo to the Taycan. I think it's very weird that they'd ignore a design feature they've spend years cultivating only to debut something immediately recognizable as a Cadillac.

Porsche has been doing really strange things with their concept cars for years now. I get the sense that they're not quite sure how to take the brand into the EV world, thus their first offering wasn't a sports car at all but a relatively low-stakes sedan. They showed off several gorgeous cars and did nothing but stuff them in a book. They've completely forgetten about the 917 Living Legend, the prettiest car they've shown in decades (it both looks like a Porsche and has the horizontal quad lights).

I guess they keep digging for something new but they need to stop. We don't want something new, we want classic Porsche heritage but in EV form. Show us that you can combine where you came from with modern technology. I don't want a Cadillac prototype with Toyota off-road wheels, sorry.
I see Porsche in the design. When I think of Porsche, I think of refined curves and balanced proportions, and this concept definitely has those characteristics. Cadillacs, even their prototype race cars, tend to be a lot more geometric/angular with more extreme proportions.

Porsche is giving us classic Porsche heritage in EV form - the Boxster/Cayman EV. Their first EV being a sedan actually makes a lot of sense to me - Porsche has clearly and vocally hedged their bets on BEVs while pursuing other sustainable strategies like carbon neutral fuels. Especially 5+ years ago when the Taycan began development, BEV battery tech was largely in it's infancy and low, large, flat batteries were the standard approach. Combine that battery shape with the need to provide low aerodynamic drag for range you are more are less forced into a long, wide, and low car - a large sedan. Then factor in the need to spread costs with a shared platform and the Taycan results pretty naturally. Even years later, Porsche will still be the first manufacturer to produce a dedicated volume electric sports car with the upcoming Boxster/Cayman (I still consider that to be a risky move) and I don't see how that isn't classic Porsche heritage in EV form. I don't think the character of the 911 can even translate to a BEV (are you really going to put the battery out behind the rear axle to simulate the weight balance? Not a chance) and I don't think Porsche will merely duplicate the aesthetics of the 911. Other than the 911 and some form of midship roadster, what is Porsche heritage?

Last edited:
Even years later, Porsche will still be the first manufacturer to produce a dedicated volume electric sports car with the upcoming Boxster/Cayman
I think the MG Cyberster will actually be the first, but only by a few months.

Last edited:
I saw this car in a video during the 24 Hours of Le Mans. All I can say is (besides "🤬")... jaw-dropper. Very few design elements I dislike about this car. This vehicle is captivating in every possible way. Even for a concept, I am especially intrigued about this beauty.

Back