Position scramble...

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Michael Holt, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Michael Holt

Michael Holt

ok so just finished the nations cup race for today (8:40pm uk time)

Picked up a few time pens but served them.

Was chasing guy in 9th but could not catch him. Guy behind me was some 7sec back.

Crossed the line in 10th...

But then it dropped me to 12th? I did not have any outstanding pens and I checked back on reply so see and sure enough I crossed the line cleannof pens.

I did however hit a lapped car in the outro but that was after I’d crossed the line and was under cpu control

I also noticed guy in front went from 9th to 8th yet there was no pens unserved from cars in front.

Plus even if I had landed a pen for hitting the car it would have only been 3sec and I was much further in front of car behind for it (if it had been that) to have effected the position.

I’m just a little baffled and I little disappointed as I love the game but I’m not amazing at it so was happy to have got 10th

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

Did you save the replay or capture the results screen or race at all?

3. Michael Holt

Michael Holt

Yea saved reply...

But been thinking about it... there was a choice of tyres for the pit stop... I went medium then medium...

Could this have been the new rule about having to use both tyre compounds? Hard and medium

4. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Perhaps you've forgot to use the mandatory racing hard tyres. There was a heavy penalty for this.

5. watto79

watto79

If you didn't use the hard tyre during the race a 20 second penalty is applied at the end. This caught a lot of people out.

It was mentioned in the other thread but the game doesn't do a very good job of telling you about this new rule. If you didn't read the in game news article or spend time on this forum it was very easy to miss.

6. Michael Holt

Michael Holt

And I completely missed it ‍♂️

7. Famine

Famine Administrator

Yep, that's a paddlin.

20s penalty for not using the mandatory hard tyre.

8. Patclash

Patclash

The game notify the news :

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8521114.html

If you don't read it ....
    ;)

9. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I hadn't realised but it worked in my favour, wondered why I jumped positions at the end, and what one of the guys up front did to get a 20sec penalty on the last lap.
    I just started on hards and after making them last long enough realised I could have a stint on mediums so ended up using both.

One question though, in the bottom right it said something like "Required tyres: H" but I never saw it say M. The penalty is to stop people using the faster M tyres only, but would it still penalise you if you only used Hards? You would already be losing time on the slower tyre, and so it depends on if the system rule looks for if H was used (forcing Hard tyres to be used at least once), or if it checks both H and M used (forcing people to use two different compounds).

10. Famine

Famine Administrator

No.

Cerebral303 likes this.
  11. watto79

watto79