Possibility to turn off selected signatures?

United States
USA! USA!
Is it possible to just block some signatures, which are excessively long and I don't care to view, and not shut ALL signatures off?

I don't want to block anyone but I would like to block just a few people's signatures.

That's a really good idea, although it's not possible at the moment. However, I'm planning some new signature rules and limits which I think will curb what you're complaining about...

this topic raised an important question in my mind, i've always wondered, but forgot to ask all the time...

is my signature acceptable for such a site? i've used it for quite some time, and never thought about that... :nervous:

as for signatures. the shorter the better, usually... :)

Cool. I wouldn't mind if signatures were posted once per thread, but no one does that. Maybe there is a hack that only allows a user to show their signature once per thread? Hmm.

It's fine by me, PuckRock.

My signature is definitely too long at the moment. I think I'm going to ditch the second paragraph.

Mine is fine...the info in it more than makes up for the size...and if it's too big, just tell me and I'll take out the banner contest part(sorry RUF)

Maz, your's is HUGE!

Keep in mind that Netscape 6 viewers can't see marquees, which means that we see all of everybody's sig. Some of them are gargantuan.

I think the ability to kill certain sigs (similar to the IGNORE function) would be great. I don't want to arbitrarily turn them all off, but some I don't want to see.

Well, normally my sig is 8 lines, with the 3rd and 5th lines the scrolling part...with out the scrolling I imagine that it's around 15 lines or more, and I'm soory to those few who have netscape, but I'm not going to change that part of my sig. I can, and might however, take out the Banner contest lines(2 of the 8 lines of my sig)if people need me too.

Yeah. Users could do it, but almost everyone uses the quick reply box.

There is an option to shut off your signature in the regualr reply page.

ive thought about that before,i wondered if mine was too big... but i think its size is acceptable as i have all the info needed crammed into just a couple of lines.

Latest Posts

Back