possible news on GT4 Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter WhiteSW20
  • 26 comments
  • 1,467 views
Messages
171
I was looking at the stuff on IGN and they say they'll have news and info on GT4 Life (career mode) as of tomorrow

"July 29, 2004 - We recently received these from one of our GT4 sources. It's one JGTC Falken Skyline GT-R cruising at The Ring. As the game's release gets ever closer, Sony shows the press and public a little more. Enjoy these new shots and watch tomorrow for some GT4 Life." -IGN

can't wait

Artz
 
DO you have a link, by chance?
 
Event Horizon
DO you have a link, by chance?

just go to ps2.ign.com

but the skyling pics are old, you must have seen em here at the forum already

this is just a heads up that they might have some breaking news today

they don't seem to have the new stuff up yet
 
WhiteSW20
just go to ps2.ign.com

but the skyling pics are old, you must have seen em here at the forum already

this is just a heads up that they might have some breaking news today

they don't seem to have the new stuff up yet

How Slow are they getting those Pics out.
Theyve been around at least a month.
 
hmmm.... so im guessing that the news wil be the drag strip? or something else weve all known about for a good while now
 
MadduckUK
hmmm.... so im guessing that the news wil be the drag strip? or something else weve all known about for a good while now


What I really want to see is the career mode interface.
I saw a glimpse of it on like the press conference PD gave about the game
it seemed like it's gonna be a 3d map
but it'd be nice to get more details and shots of it
 
i noticed that too...cant wait to see what its all about
 
WhiteSW20
What I really want to see is the career mode interface.
I saw a glimpse of it on like the press conference PD gave about the game
it seemed like it's gonna be a 3d map
but it'd be nice to get more details and shots of it

There is no way that PD will release the final in-game interface before the game is released. They like to keep their games on a tight leach ;) Most of the media released recently is due to uber GT fans unlocking tracks like Paris, Las Vegas, etc...
 
Well the 30th has come and almost gone (less than 20 mins left) and no sign of new news over at IGN, probably will be there tomorow because I suppose it's morning in the US (I think) anyway I'm off out soon so I hope it's up before 2:00PM, then I'm off into Yorkishire (I could pop in and say hi to Famine lol).
 
Ty just means that I'll be posting another GT4 Life Column. It will be a bit later than today, because I'm playing around with the new AR Max codes for Prologue now :D
 
Fair enough, we can't deprive you of GT goodness now can we.
 
Basically just doing my job :D

Regarding the GT4 Life column, you have to realise that the GTPlanet forums will pretty much always be more up-to-date than our column. If I have news, I post it on the forums first anyway. The GT4 Life column is for those who do not want to continuously scan the forums for the latest news - I take that out of their hands and wrap it all up in one column that contains all important news. That's the general idea.
 
And it's an idea that works so well, I read your articles anyway because they're a good read even if I do already know most of whats in them.
 
Funny thing about Tyrone. He crappily reviewed games for a car magazine, now he crappily writes about cars on a video game site. Your column is a nice read though, it lends some credibility to IGN's otherwise redundant cars section.
 
How can a writer who "crappily writes" be a good read?
 
Uhh. He wouldn't be a good read, presumably, because Arwin ISN'T Tyrone Rodriguez.

Unless he really is. Which would be creepy.

Nice one. You fail.
 
Arwin, didn't you tell IGN that the Falken R34 is not a JGTC car?
 
8400RPM
Arwin, didn't you tell IGN that the Falken R34 is not a JGTC car?

Isn't it in some european endurance racing series? I remember the particular GTR from at least 3 years back doing enduros on the Nurb, for a FALKEN EUROPE team.
 
Hmm i know it raced sometime, it was in one of my magazine.
 
You guys missed my point. I said it is not a car that runs in the JGTC series. Of course it is an actual race car that ran in the 24 hr. Nurburgring race. That's what it was built for!
 
It's not a JGTC car, if they've said that it's probably because they equate Skyline with JGTC for whatever reason, the Japanese sponsor doesn't help.

Thanks for the post WhiteSW20 but next time, might be wise to wait until the news actually gets posted, not just the premise of it being posted ;)
 
8400RPM
You guys missed my point. I said it is not a car that runs in the JGTC series. Of course it is an actual race car that ran in the 24 hr. Nurburgring race. That's what it was built for!

And I wasn't talking to you...
 
Eagle
It's not a JGTC car, if they've said that it's probably because they equate Skyline with JGTC for whatever reason, the Japanese sponsor doesn't help.

Thanks for the post WhiteSW20 but next time, might be wise to wait until the news actually gets posted, not just the premise of it being posted ;)

European sponsor, actually.

Falken EUROPE. ahem.

And yes, I got your point 8400rpm, I was just trying to clarify what the car was built for, i.e. not JGTC.
 
I was expecting someone to point that out but to be honest I was on my way to bed and couldn't be bothered Googling for correctness' sake. Still, ask your man in the street where Falken's from and they'd probably say Japan.
 
It's funny that you mention it's a Japanese sponsor, then get say it's a European sponsor...

Just last week, Sumitomo announced that they've bought Falken.

lol

Bedhead
 
Back