Possible Open World Gran Turismo Game Coming???

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 23 comments

Pigems

Premium
Canada
Canada
TT_Pigems
Not sure if there’s any truth to it or not, but I came across this earlier today. Figured you guys may be interested, if it’s true. :)

AF368131-2C9E-45EA-85CA-3D53EA0A64E1.jpeg

https://gadgetcrutches.com/gaming/p...nSF885m2pdj0NQbKMk4W1qbheqwbGxSt8NxDX8womMqLo

I wish I had the kind of balls it took to put out such a nothing burger clickbait of an article with a straight face. I honestly kind of admire his gumption.

Shame he is going to be validated by all these clicks.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to set up a camping chair in the corner of this thread.

I wish I had the kind of balls it took to put out such a nothing burger clickbait of an article with a straight face. I honestly kind of admire his gumption.

Shame he is going to be validated by all these clicks.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to set up a camping chair in the corner of this thread.
I heard it was going to be digitally mapped as an exact replica of the Isle of Wight... estimated lap time is 14 seconds :cheers:

How do people even find these random websites? Surely their clickbait and keyword stuffing isn't good enough to bring it to the top of google news?
Doubt it. Probably found on like the 87th page of his google search for Gran Turismo news. People are too desperate to find anything, so any bit of news is attention grabbing to some, for some reason.

They arent able to deliver a traditional game in a timely manner and yet you want them to deliver open world?

Hell even Microsoft had to use a completely seperate studio to deliver open world.

They could take „simple“ parts of Tokio. The highways are still in get Sport, take there a pair of streets with traffic light and places to park, too, finished :lol:

Last edited:
Rumor aside I feel PD wouldn't do open world.

Even if were a non-FIA endorsed project PD has always had the city tracks very limited and I feel intentionally off to separate it from the real setting not to encourage street racing. Like Tokyo Expressway in GT Sport. Just my feeling.

But like I'd complain if they actually did it. But not Tokyo (just buildings and city streets), maybe Hakone. :D

motorhead-hill-climb-4.png

Rumor aside I feel PD wouldn't do open world.

I think in an ideal world where they can work at 4x the speed or hire 4x the staff, they would. But it wouldn't be anything like Forza Horizon. Kaz already hinted at that when he talked about making a smaller city area which you would drive around legally, observe traffic rules etc. That is what a GT open world game would be like.

But no, certainly in the current circumstances they 100% cannot make two full sized games. PD would either have to at least double in size or do as T10 did and hire another studio, which we already know they aren't interested in doing.

Last edited:
They can it than take up on the plan for GT8 in 10 years and combine the carrer with open-world-elements, for example driving simple said from garage to tuning shop and car dealer and so on..

I personally don’t like the countryside focus of forza horizon so much, a bit more City it could be, with new console generation, of course

Last edited:
Back