Possible to calibrate G29 pedals on PS4?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
As above...the brake pedal needs the weight of a brick to get to 100% input, which annoyingly pushes my rack. And the throttle goes to about 80% with the slightest touch. I've read you can change the max input levels on PC but can't see anything similar on PS4.

Is it possible?

If you have the latest patches, there's a "brake deadzone" setting which allows you to do what you need. Name of the option is misleading, it's not really a deadzone, which is usually at the initial travel of the pedal, it's what other sims call "brake saturation". If you have the G29 with the rubber stopper, setting it at around 30% really helps.

As for the throttle, I don't think there's anything you can do on the software side on ACC PS4, there's no throttle linearity setting.

If you have the latest patches, there's a "brake deadzone" setting which allows you to do what you need. Name of the option is misleading, it's not really a deadzone, which is usually at the initial travel of the pedal, it's what other sims call "brake saturation". If you have the G29 with the rubber stopper, setting it at around 30% really helps.

As for the throttle, I don't think there's anything you can do on the software side on ACC PS4, there's no throttle linearity setting.
Just wanted to say this has been a HUUUGE help. I was struggling to get on full brake quickly (or at all) with the default settings. This has reduced my braking distances by 20-25%.

Throttle input is still an issue as the pedal is at full throttle input well before it is pushed fully down, and it's very light. I'm struggling to control throttle and find myself regularly at about 75% mid-corners when I want to be about 20-40%. Maybe this is just just issue I will have to live with until I fork out for a more expensive wheel and pedal set up.

Surprised you are having throttle problems on ACC. Now if you would have said you were playing GTS then I would say that particular throttle response is entirely normal and to be expected from that game :yuck:. AC (and I imagine ACC too) have nice "normal" responses to input by comparison.

I can only suggest dismantling the pedal set and flushing the potentiometer pots out with a good electrical cleaner and checking all looks well in there. My g29 is entirely linear (according to the on screen red bar that indicates throttle position).

Surprised you are having throttle problems on ACC. Now if you would have said you were playing GTS then I would say that particular throttle response is entirely normal and to be expected from that game :yuck:. AC (and I imagine ACC too) have nice "normal" responses to input by comparison.

I can only suggest dismantling the pedal set and flushing the potentiometer pots out with a good electrical cleaner and checking all looks well in there. My g29 is entirely linear (according to the on screen red bar that indicates throttle position).
Might be personal preference, but I'm finding that a tiny bit of input brings me up too quickly. As a result, I am often putting too much throttle down too quickly coming out of corners.

Hello!
I have the same throttle problem after I cleaned it, have you already fixed it and if so; how? I would like to know

Edit:
Found it! I plugges the cords in the wrong way; I put the wrong red on top, you should try and switch the top red with the bottom one, it'll probably do it for you too

Last edited:

@csmirnoff thank you! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Game was free to download via my PS+ subscription and I really liked it but was basically unplayable once I realized how much force was required to achieve 100% braking. Found this post before I got around to uninstalling it and I'm very glad I did. (Downloading a game is not a trivia task with the internet speed available where I live). Been enjoying the game for over a month thanks to the information you posted.

@csmirnoff thank you! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Game was free to download via my PS+ subscription and I really liked it but was basically unplayable once I realized how much force was required to achieve 100% braking. Found this post before I got around to uninstalling it and I'm very glad I did. (Downloading a game is not a trivia task with the internet speed available where I live). Been enjoying the game for over a month thanks to the information you posted.
Glad it helped, mate! :)

Back