Possible to turn off opening movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_FastM3
  • 12 comments
  • 3,356 views

GTP_FastM3

Premium
Messages
660
Canada
Prince Albert/S
Messages
GTP_FastM3
I have read in a few places that users have disabled the opening movie. I did a search through the options, but couldn't find anywhere to disable it. I like the movie, but after playing GT5 for months it would be nice to not have to skip it each time I start up the game.

Is it possible to disable the opening movie? If so can someone point me in the right direction?
 
Yes you can turn it off. Unfortunately Im not at my PS3 and I can't remember exactly where it is. I know it was in the main settings somewhere though (where you configure display/sound options).
 
Yes, you have to go into OPTIONS, scroll all the way to the bottom, and it's one of the three icons you can click on. I think it's under 'utilities", but I could be wrong. Anyways, one of those 3 icons has a "cancel opening movie" option. Something like that. You'll see.

It's cool to turn the movie off...it makes the game boot up faster once the option is turned off.
 
Yes, you have to go into OPTIONS, scroll all the way to the bottom, and it's one of the three icons you can click on. I think it's under 'utilities", but I could be wrong. Anyways, one of those 3 icons has a "cancel opening movie" option. Something like that. You'll see.

It's cool to turn the movie off...it makes the game boot up faster once the option is turned off.

Thank you.

I'll do that next time I'm on. One less step to boot up the game is always welcome.
 
I never knew about this, just done it. Good stuff.
 
I just press X or Start and then go on with my life.
 
I just press X or Start and then go on with my life.
Nicer to not have to do that though. Like go get a drink and have the game ready to go when you get back.
 
Best GT5 information that I've seen in weeks. I will definitely do this tonight when I get home.
 
Likewise! Looking forward to not having to scramble for the X button before the Elephant starts playing the piano. :)
 
Well I'll be darned... Did not know this! Thanks! Love it!
 
Likewise! Looking forward to not having to scramble for the X button before the Elephant starts playing the piano. :)

Very funny. :lol:
 
They should reverse the opening movie:
First the ingame part, second the car making process... so I can quit after the game part ;)
 
I love the opening piano... but my girlfriend hates it :D
 
Back