Possible workaround for support for PS3/PC Wheels on GT7 (PS4 in general) ????

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ASTRO_BS-AS
Guys, I´ve just posted this on other thread, but I think it should be here in the GT7 forum.

Check this out.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-22-ultra-street-fighter-4-ps4-supports-ps3-fight-sticks

"
By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 22/05/2015

The PlayStation 4 version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 supports PS3 fight sticks, Sony has announced.

In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Gio Corsi, director of third-party production at Sony Computer Entertainment America, said it had included Lab Zero's drivers so Ultra Street Fighter 4 will support licensed PS3 fight sticks as well as PS4 fight sticks.

Last year, developer Lab Zero worked with Naughty Dog programmer John "Cowboy" Bellomy to create a custom driver that meant any stick that reads as a generic USB gamepad or joystick would work with the PS4 version of its fighting game Skullgirls Encore.

It means players who already own a PS3 fight stick won't have to fork out hundreds for a PS4 fight stick just to play with their controller of choice."

So, looking at this it seems like there´s NO excuse for any manufacturer not to give support to PS3/PC Wheels. With this Driver there´s no more stupid "security chip" excuses....

Even so it doesn´t matter if the MANUFACTURER doesn´t give support.... it´s the developer of the GAME who could use the driver....

PD, you have THIS chance to win the generation (and our support) for ever. Don´t mess up.... Please, don´t.

It has always been technically possible for the Logitech wheel to work, it's a question of if they want too.

PD has been partners with Logitech since PS1 I am sure they will find a way to give our wheels full support.

You sure you don't mean PS2? I don't recall there being any wheels for PS1

You sure you don't mean PS2? I don't recall there being any wheels for PS1
Well I based this on an assumption, so it was probably wrong. With GT3 I got one of the newer wheels at the time and I have faint memories that older wheels were supported at the time I assumed that they were for PS1... Those wheels are still supported in GT6 I think... Or they were in GT5... The one with the blue inlays on the wheel and the 2 other ones next to it... I'm too young. halp! lol

any stick that reads as a generic USB gamepad or joystick would work with the PS4

Whilst I'm not saying you're wrong, the problem is that wheels can't just be "generic USB gamepads". Unlike fight sticks, wheels need FFB info passed to them, and (I assume), Logitech uses different drivers/code to do this, as does Fanatec, as does Thrustmasters etc. Therefore, I would say that it is not as easy as just using this (or a similar) driver that allows the wheel to be recognised, bespoke support is needed for each wheel.

What do PD have to do with anything?

Logitech and Polyphony Digital/Sony joined forces in the past:

but the venture eventually went wrong:

T500RS_GT5.jpg

The actual mess we stand in so far may be completely unrelated...

@Soundtrack Again, If Logitech have a new Flagship and don't want the legacy ones being supported it's up to Logitech entirely, PD won't care why would they?

@Soundtrack PD won't care why would they?

Depending on the market share figures, they could be concerned by the actual install base in what still remains a niche. With no further incentive, existing DFGT/G25/27 could realistically consider a switch of platform. Sure Sony and its subsidiary would/should care...

It’s not really surprising PCARS sold well on PS4 considering it is the first of the genre to hit the best selling next-gen platform and a majority of PS4 gamers wouldn't really care about the wheel support tale of woe. As for Logitech owners, fingers crossed for the epilogue at E3...

Back