Possibly noobish question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deja-Vudoo
  • 10 comments
  • 540 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
10
...but why does everyone spell tire with a "y" instead of an "i"? I always thought it was tire and not tyre.
 
In English, it's tyre.
 
Deja-Vudoo
...but why does everyone spell tire with a "y" instead of an "i"? I always thought it was tire and not tyre.
I'm sorry dude.... go to the MSN/AIM help thread.

Plenty of help there.... and you don't have to search.
 
Possibly this would go better in the "cars in general" thread, or the off topic forums.

[EDIT]
wow. two people got in before me!
 
does your family not own a dictionary? you can also find free dictionnaries online...

tyre (BrE) (AmE tire) {speaker} noun
a thick rubber ring that fits around the edge of a wheel of a car, bicycle, etc:
a front tyre * a back / rear tyre * to pump up a tyre * a flat / burst / punctured tyre * bald / worn tyres * He drove off with a screech of tyres.
see also SPARETYRE
 
Deja-Vudoo
...but why does everyone spell tire with a "y" instead of an "i"? I always thought it was tire and not tyre.

Ever heard of Great Britain? Something to do with the British? You know, the country that INVENTED English?

British English: Tyre
US English: Tire

Sheesh... I'm using this as a signature
 
this guy got super-Owned... 5 replies in under a minute!
 
haha i know... and seriously, what the hell does it matter if people spell it with i instead of y?...
 
Iou tell me, gybus.
 
gibus
haha i know... and seriously, what the hell does it matter if people spell it with i instead of y?...
So what are you asking for if it doesn't matter?
 
OK, this isn't going anywhere good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back