Post 2.0 tracks are not 2P compatible

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 0 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Something I just discovered, you can't select course maker tracks made after the 2.0 update for offline 2P (splitscreen) races. I'm not sure if this has been the case for a few updates before 2.0, because the last track I made before 2.0 was back in July. But I had a track from a few days ago, and in the track selection screen for 2P it's crossed out while ALL my other tracks are selectable. I thought it was because it's too narrow, so I tried widening it but it makes no difference. I tried all the other themes and no matter how I changed the settings it still doesn't let me race in 2P.

Like most decisions by PD, this doesn't make any sense. If all my old tracks are raceable, why the new ones aren't? I suspected that the answer lies in the ability to change time and weather introduced in Spec 2.0 (if you notice, none of the weather/time change tracks are selectable in 2P). Sure enough, when I entered Time Trial at one of my Eifel courses I can change time and weather without needing to edit it in the CM menu.

The problem however, is that the Mt Aso theme doesn't allow time/weather. So there's no reason whatsoever to block it. For the other tracks, they could've just blocked any changes in the time/weather from the race menu, and locked time/weather progression to zero (if we have it set to any other value). This could also be applied to all other ready-made time/weather tracks. Problem solved.

Another weird thing is, the Toscana rally course has time change, and is selectable in 2P. So it's not like the PS3 has any problems with the graphics output. Talk about inconsistency :grumpy:

Oh, and before anyone says "Why would you want to play 2P when there's online?" I'll just say that some of are old-school, online lag can be crap sometimes, and having buddies physically there instead of connected by wires halfway around the world can be a lot more fun.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that I can't do a shortened day/night race with my mates at Nurburgring. Or around Spa in the FGT in monsoon conditions. Hopefully PD fixes this in a future update 👍

Last edited:
Back