Post a photo of your favorite car to photograph

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 10 comments
misteruno1
Turn 10 has done such a great job with car selection in my opinion. It is hard for me to pick a favorite car (5 favs is easier) but if I had to pick a favorite to photograph, this is probably it..

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/exXAgPoPj]
XAgPoP.jpg
[/URL]

Let's see yours.

Hands down, the Lancia Fulvia is my favorite car to photograph. In fact I have three of them now.

Gotta have a stock one. Not a single modification to it. Even the paint is a stock factory color. This is the one I've owned since the very first day the game was released.

This is my hot rod. It has the rear-wheel-drive conversion. It's been built up to A800 with a supercharger on the original V4 engine. Wheels are Cragar Smoothies. The paint is a little chocolate-y confection I whipped up in the kitchen.

This is my rally monster. It has 4WD and all the Storm Island mod cons. I originally did an engine swap, putting in the turbo I-4 of the Delta S4 Group B rally car, but went back to the original V4 with a turbo on it. It's still a very healthy A800. Wheels are Cragar Bonneville Series 391. The classic and accurate Monte Carlo rally design is something I grabbed in the storefront.

I think one reason I love photographing this car is that it is such a quintessentially sixties design. It was designed in house at Centro Stile Lancia by Piero Castagnero, and it's a masterpiece. Lightweight, airy, slender, creased and folded, it's completely unlike the zaftig roundness of the fifties. Look at how thin those A- and C-pillars are. I love the shape of the rear of the car, it looks like a very wide shield. The body line that goes up one side of the car, around the nose and back down the other side of the car in a single, uninterrupted crease. The chrome surround for both the grill and the rear of the car. The beveled rather than rounded hood sides. Everywhere I look there is something to admire.

Right now, it's my Huayra. It's so... Intense. It's more clockwork than car, so full of inspirational details, angles and nuts and bolts to photograph. I finally decided to give her a coat of paint (in Pagani True Blue) and take her for a spin on the roads of Horizon, and well, ain't she photogenic.

Back